Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1125 results found

1. It can be rather unintuitive to post links as evidence in user reports, as they're not parsed and can easily be overlooked. Therefore, to reinforce user reports more effectively, I suggest that Twitch upload files as attachments therein, such as pictures and video files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The current Twitch account creation system offers little to no assurance of protection for creators. Enforcement actions, when taken, are reactive, rather than proactive, and require submitting reports, writing descriptions, and disrupting the stream, which is exactly what these people want. Even enabling email verification for users to chat does not prevent someone from creating multiple successive, free "burner" email accounts for the express purpose of harassing one or more users. Someone can simply create a free email account online, create a free Twitch account, use the new email to verify the account, and circumvent that particular feature. To prevent…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have been working on a solution for the hate raids problem, a problem that led streamers into going for a strike. I have been able to come up with a solution which I believe could solve the problem.
    The solution has to deal with using the Channel-Banned Terms Filter.

First, we gather other alphabet (Greek, Latin, etc.) and signs that look like the English alphabet and arrange them based on the alphabet they look like, basically creating an array for each English alphabet and the letters that look like them.

Second, we write code that is able to swap…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Should be simple: have something similar to automod check for known and reported bot messages and their pattern. If it matches, rather than blocking or reporting the account automatically, just cause the suspicious message to be hidden from anyone but the sender.

Additionally, after 1 month of their infraction, lock the suspect's account and try to make a direct contact with them.

Another thing to do would be to change Verified → Partner and create an actual Verified Account status that marks accounts that are confirmed to be actual users rather than bots.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It baffles me that this is not already a thing considering there are so many insufferable narcissistic twats and rotters streaming these days but PLEASE for the love of god allow or give us the functionality to BLOCK streamers so that they never appear to us at all.

Yes there is the function whereby we can remove them from appearing if sorting by "Recommended for you" BUT they still appear if sorted by any other means which is often because if you sort your channels by "Highest Viewer" count for example, you can't avoid some of these. PLEASE PLEASE Allow…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 트위치 밴 기능에 시청 밴 기능 추가해주셨으면 좋겠습니다.
    채팅 밴 만으로는 방송인의 게임 진행을 방해하는것을 막을수가 없습니다.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Under attack mode" to get rid of all bots.

Twitch should introduce an "under attack mode" similar to the one in Cloudflare that many sites use. If you are exposed to an attack by bots, you switch on the attack mode and everyone who then tries to reach the site must first solve a captcha (in twitch cases, everyone who wants to write in the chat). Then all bots will be filtered out.
    When the attack is gone, which is usually 20min-30min, this mode is turned off and everything is as usual again.

This is better than having your stream…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The community guidelines prohibit spam, one of the categories of which being posting large amounts of repetitive, unwanted messages or user reports, such as this:https://twitter.com/DomGang420/status/1441270323429576709/photo/1

However, I have yet to see any users be punished for doing this, and I understand that a lot of users have been clamoring for ways to deal with it for a while now. Adding on to all of the ideas put forth so far, I would ask that Twitch deals with users who continue to spam in chat better than it apparently deals with them now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Force streamers to utilize overlay extensions that identify artists when using copyrighted music. This is free advertising for those artists / record labels. It's a feature that is already built into StreamElements Media Request streaming tool. This is no different than streaming games and you know it. If you refuse to use an identifier, you get hit with DMCA.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 18+ Tag or Filter

Since there is a lot of interest in allowing nudity on Twitch with games and art, it would be best for them to implement a proper 18+ filter or tag allowing the user to clearly see. The mature warning you receive before watching the stream is mostly ignored, so adding some restrictions for users under 18 would help a lot with future streams.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As a streamer and avid Twitch viewer, there are many community members who do not seem to understand the "unwritten rules" of Twitch. It would be lovely to have a resource or link to direct these people to. Perhaps an informative hub similar to the help center but focused on interpersonal conduct. Videos, articles, etc.

Some of the things observed:
    - A user entering chat and stating they are underage (less than 13 for TOS violation, less than 18 in mature channels)
    - Asking for mod privledges
    - Asking for a gift sub
    - First message in a channel: "Can…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twitch platform has thousands of users who are underage kids. Based on that, hot tub streamers should be moved and separated to different domain ieg. twitch.adults.tv so that you will not get sued from promoting pedophilia on your website.
    Young adults think that hot tub streamers do soft **** and there is a paper thin line to pedophilia and it is ********* that Twitch allows this phenomena to continue on their website.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am seeing, Bot Follows, Bot Hosts and Bot Viewers. I really don't care about the Bot - Viewers - but the Follows and Hosts are creating false hopes and damaging the New Streamer vibe for those wanting to acquire new viewers with their talent/personality/gaming etc. I think some or maybe more of us would Agree that this would be great if we could reduce the number of bots by implementing some sort of identifier or a bot blocker that could be added to ones streams/channel.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Greetings,

I am unable to find where to submit feedback about reports of streamer violations not being acted upon. That is, Twitch's platform moderation ignoring reported TOS violations. There needs to be a way to contact someone higher up when this is occurring.

The specific reports being ignored are of streamers violating the "Nudity and Attire" rules in Just Chatting, some every stream, whoever is receiving reports of this is not doing anything because the streams continue without being moved to Pools, Hot Tubs & Beaches category.

Please get better moderators.

"For all streamers, you must cover the area extending…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In "Bits Acceptable Use Policy / Now the Don’ts that constitute violations of this policy:" we can see that it is included in don*ts "graphic design services". I think this is totally wrong. Why I am thinking that? 1st you (Twitch) loosing a large amount of money because of that and there is nothing wrong with offering designer services in exchange for bits. You like it or not, bits are some kind of currency and streamers using it for all kind of things on their live streams. If you really want to push this "Now the Don’ts that constitute violations…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hey! Just an idea but it would be nice when you go to your "users in chat" section and filter out which one is a bot account vs real viewers.

I know that would probably be difficult to filter, however someone could build some data to find all bot accounts and have them filtered like you would with moderation in chat.

that would make things easier to know whos who and be able to know who is actually viewing the stream vs who isn't.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. With twitch taking a large stake in livestreaming as a whole I feel it is best for twitch to branch out into allowing 18+ NSFW content on the platform.

I propose that 18+ content is limited exclusively to verified 18+ users of the site, and is impossible to discover by default - but can be found using a convenient account setting.

In this way ambiguity between certain game content and body painting can be eliminated by defining what makes content 18+ or not 18+

A safe alternative to other NSFW live stream sites can be created through twitch in this…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have suspension for 30 days.. The suspension is over since 11 February, now it is 31 March and I am not yet unbanned? Why? I've made 10 cases and Twitch still does not response.. How more should I wait??

My banned account: nameless2g

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When banning people from chat, rather than letting them continue view the stream live force a 5 minute delay. This would help with stream sniping. It keeps the viewership, which is nice, but takes away the snipers advantage. I know incognito mode would probably mess that up, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I've seen that Twitch has been banning of words like 'simp', 'incel', and 'virgin'. These are mostly terms used towards males, yet horrifically offensive terms like "bitch" , "pussy" , "cunt" which are used to belittle and demean Women are not? It is used to belittle and offend Men, and sometimes women and put them down, in the most horrific way and has been used for years as a sexist term to say that someone is less of a person or 'inferior because they are a women' so they call them either a "bitch" , a "pussy" or a "cunt".…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?