Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

174 results found

1. We should be able to Shadow ban people, just like reddit, imagine a world where trolls, haters etc gets to keep writing their nonsense in the twitch chat, not knowing they are banned and no one being able to see what they are typing:)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For example when u go to https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all there is 2 sections Categories and Live channels u can also add blocked channels that doesnt appear in general Live channels section or in Category (there is Live Channels, Videos, Clips + u can add Blocked Channels) same for Followed, Recomended channels also can be added Blocked channels at the bottom also u can Add custom group names for Favorite channels where u can expand them. And dont u answer about ur *** "Not interested" feature that only works in main page cuz its terrible (no one browsing there) make the feature that…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A raid-allow whitelist of channels, that is toggled on/off, will allow streamers to control the channels that are allowed to raid, removing one of the current threats to safety for marginalized communities trying to operate on Twitch in the context of hate raiders often performed by bot accounts.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Del mismo modo que se puede reportar un canal, sugiero poner una opción para apoyarlo si se considera injusto un veto. Recientemente he visto en directo cómo un emisor de un canal que había vetado de forma oportuna y necesaria a los típicos malechores que por envidia o porque no saben divertirse de otro modo hacían su chat del todo desagradable, tuvo que sufrir el reporte de dichos maleantes y fue injustamente vetado su canal. Propongo que se deje un lugar en Twitch para apoyar a dicho canal facilitando al creador un enlace para que pueda recibir el apoyo de…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Its well past time Twitch recognizes Autistic streamers and makes post every April and August for Autistic Acceptance month. Along with other Autistic related days in the year.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Streamers like (Admin Edit - don't call out people directly, please) are bringing the quality of TTV down, and fast. A lot of people share the same sentiment in thinking this kind of content doesn't belong on twitch.

I'm also calling for an age restriction on these like-minded streamers. No child should be able to access these streams from Twitches home page. You should also have to confirm your age on twitch so that no children are seeing this kind of content.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Asmr and cosplays should have mature audience warning or enter age to view stream. Most of the Asmr sessions and cosplays are adult oriented not suitable for children to view. Some Asmr sessions are ****** noises and cosplays are usually nudity. Also helps to put a mature warning on there channel. Like NC-17 or Rated R. Enter with caution.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the ability to report predictions that violate the Terms of Service, like you can already do with Polls.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As a viewer who has blocked a few streamers for harassment, intimidation and threats, I still can see some on them in the carousel on my PC despite having blocked all of them.
    I would believe that a full blocking would need to block them in the carousel as an addition to not see them in recommandations and block them from seeing our interactions on Twitch as it happens on Youtube.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A mode that is only accessible to verified adults where adults can stream adult content or watch it, adult games are still video games. Adults shouldn't be thrown under the bus just because they like that content and after that one woman got banned twice for having sex live on twitch and came back in short order after raking in obscene money in the process.

Now I don't have an issue with the act itself what two consenting adults do is up to them. Its mainly the wonky enforcement.

So instead of twitch being two faced about it just make…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Twitch Rule enforcement system needs to be updated. The hardline enforcement is incompatible with the "per-case" approach when it comes to users being reported on the platform.

I believe that the system in its current state makes it too easy for bad actors to abuse the reporting system and use it as a means to remove streamers for violations that didn't happen, and I also believe that it makes it harder for streamers to defend the violations (via appeals), as when a streamer is suspended/banned they cannot review their VODs to see if or even when a violation took…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As a mod for an LGBTQ+ and trans streamer, we have been hit with a ton of followbots coming in and spamming chat with hateful intent. I had an idea for a command that would ban all accounts that have followed in a recent timeframe.

For example, (/banall 10) would ban all accounts that have followed in the last 10 minutes. This would greatly reduce the amount of time that moderators have to spend on banning all accounts separately. I spent an hour last night doing so, and while I had backup to monitor chat, I know that many smaller…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. immediate permanent bans shouldn't be allowed. give a warning in whispers. if warning appears in chat it can be easily missed. also if the person doesn't understand what they did wrong have it explained first instead of permanent banned. good people can get permanently banned to easily.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twitch platform has thousands of users who are underage kids. Based on that, hot tub streamers should be moved and separated to different domain ieg. twitch.adults.tv so that you will not get sued from promoting pedophilia on your website.
    Young adults think that hot tub streamers do soft **** and there is a paper thin line to pedophilia and it is ********* that Twitch allows this phenomena to continue on their website.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This feature very important for every streamer earning from Twitch.

Logon 2FA Requirement do not enough for who got hacked by silent.
    And too many streamer don't check email.

In case my friend (twitch affiliate) got hacked.
    It changed payout information without email notification(don't know reason).
    And got her earn to hacker paypal account.
    Region support can't help or slow progress, suggest to contact HQ Twitch.
    Too many step progress to resolve this case and unsure it resolve.
    Streamer have concern can got hack again if change new password and change payout back.
    Investigated don't know why got hacked, That…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow subscribers to Block from their view, conversations with Mods in all environments if the Mod has continued to be aggressive & abusive. Subscribers should not be subjected to bullying. As a subscriber, some channels are not safe zones because the Mod is “security” for Streamer and not an agent of a safe healthy community. I have unsubscribed to these channels in an effort to protect my peace. I have requested Mod to refrain from messaging or attempting to communicate as it is always negative & toxic. Please consider allowing subscribers/customers to have more control over their engagement.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I need twitch to support this idea. I'm new and my most recent chat who chatted about suicide. I don't know how to get them the help they need. I'm not comfortable with the topic. We need ads or something like this to point out help. Not just for Americans but world wide.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As recently as today I have noticed an "Are you sure?" box pop up whenever I click the Block button. As a user who prefers to have full control over his viewing experience, I find this unacceptable. I should be able to filter out who I do and do not wish to see in chat, and this function only serves to slow me down or prevent me from doing it entirely. At the very least you need to add a "Do Not Ask Me About This Again" checkbox.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like Twitch to implement an ignored users list, accessible via settings page, with the ability to at least view the users that are currently on one's /ignore list. Bonus points for allowing us to also add/remove users from said list via the same page.

I know this functionality is already available via third-party tools and it's not a high priority feature, would just like to see it on the road map if it isn't already.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can we have a separate version on just chatting for sexualy explicit content, whenever viewing the just chatting tab it's nothing but sexually explicit things. Now that it is explicitly allowed by Twitch, why not make it it's own category so just chatting can actually just be chatting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?