Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make users use bits to send unban request, and giving the streamer the option to select the custom amount of bits.

So even if the streamer denies the appeal, they still keep the bits.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It baffles me that this is not already a thing considering there are so many insufferable narcissistic twats and rotters streaming these days but PLEASE for the love of god allow or give us the functionality to BLOCK streamers so that they never appear to us at all.

Yes there is the function whereby we can remove them from appearing if sorting by "Recommended for you" BUT they still appear if sorted by any other means which is often because if you sort your channels by "Highest Viewer" count for example, you can't avoid some of these. PLEASE PLEASE Allow…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hey!

I know a lot of streamers (including me) who have a "self sacrifice" channel point redemption and my MODS for some reason always want to redeem it...

I was wondering if we can get timeout that don't remove MOD status to a MOD but when banned that their MOD status would still be removed.

I know it is this way to prevent anyone with access to the person's account that is MOD or the MOD themselves posting, breaking rules. I've had MODs break rules and do some pretty awful stuff (Try to ban everyone) but most part IMO if…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We should delete follower by ourselfs.

Maybe someone is getting follow-botted and twitch don't delete the bots, maybe someone banned him that he cant talk in chat anymore but still follow the channel and whatches but you dont want that.

You dont wan't that this person see you live.

We should have a option where we can delete the followers in our dashboard.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A raid-allow whitelist of channels, that is toggled on/off, will allow streamers to control the channels that are allowed to raid, removing one of the current threats to safety for marginalized communities trying to operate on Twitch in the context of hate raiders often performed by bot accounts.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Del mismo modo que se puede reportar un canal, sugiero poner una opción para apoyarlo si se considera injusto un veto. Recientemente he visto en directo cómo un emisor de un canal que había vetado de forma oportuna y necesaria a los típicos malechores que por envidia o porque no saben divertirse de otro modo hacían su chat del todo desagradable, tuvo que sufrir el reporte de dichos maleantes y fue injustamente vetado su canal. Propongo que se deje un lugar en Twitch para apoyar a dicho canal facilitando al creador un enlace para que pueda recibir el apoyo de…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hey guys,

I would love if there was a way we could ban/disable anonymous cheerer/gifter as a option for the streamers. I'm not a fan of the fact I have no control over this.

Thank you.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the ability to report predictions that violate the Terms of Service, like you can already do with Polls.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This feature would allow creators to allow and disallow follows to protect against spam, such as followbotting. If a user starts to get followbotted, they can turn off follows, and problem fixed. It will lead to less issues in the future going back and forth with support and stressing about whether or not you will be banned from Twitch.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Some users create problems within communities of streamers that don't warrant a permanent ban from the platform but cause recurring issues.

For example, I have a group of other streamer that I am friends with and our communities often intermingle. A user has been prevelant in all of our channels, walking the tight rope of bannable offenses. While we have used discord to keep in contact with our mods collectively, it still segments the information into a small group.

It would be amazing to have a way for content creators and moderators to raise red flags across all content creators.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We should be able to Shadow ban people, just like reddit, imagine a world where trolls, haters etc gets to keep writing their nonsense in the twitch chat, not knowing they are banned and no one being able to see what they are typing:)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There should be an option on Twitch to report moderators that are going on power trips and abusing their power. There are some viewers on Twitch who are getting wrongfully and unfairly banned from chats, or are getting sent derogatory messages from a moderator after sending an unban request. If a mod abuses their status as a moderator, then there should be some sort of form that allows viewers who have been unfairly banned and even been picked on by certain mods to send a complaint to have the specific mod in question investigated, even if they don't actually know…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If I block another user I would prefer they not see my messages in chat at all due to safety, not just me not seeing their messages, please make this possible, thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As a mod for an LGBTQ+ and trans streamer, we have been hit with a ton of followbots coming in and spamming chat with hateful intent. I had an idea for a command that would ban all accounts that have followed in a recent timeframe.

For example, (/banall 10) would ban all accounts that have followed in the last 10 minutes. This would greatly reduce the amount of time that moderators have to spend on banning all accounts separately. I spent an hour last night doing so, and while I had backup to monitor chat, I know that many smaller…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Streamers like (Admin Edit - don't call out people directly, please) are bringing the quality of TTV down, and fast. A lot of people share the same sentiment in thinking this kind of content doesn't belong on twitch.

I'm also calling for an age restriction on these like-minded streamers. No child should be able to access these streams from Twitches home page. You should also have to confirm your age on twitch so that no children are seeing this kind of content.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Most times (usually with a raid) we'd love to see who are trustworthy people for the streamer who comes, even if he/she is not in the chat to identify them.
    Having a badge (only for partner mods, or with X time moderating) will help other streamers to know who is mod in another channel and not to worry about their actions and words in the chat.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Twitch platform has thousands of users who are underage kids. Based on that, hot tub streamers should be moved and separated to different domain ieg. twitch.adults.tv so that you will not get sued from promoting pedophilia on your website.
    Young adults think that hot tub streamers do soft **** and there is a paper thin line to pedophilia and it is ********* that Twitch allows this phenomena to continue on their website.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This feature very important for every streamer earning from Twitch.

Logon 2FA Requirement do not enough for who got hacked by silent.
    And too many streamer don't check email.

In case my friend (twitch affiliate) got hacked.
    It changed payout information without email notification(don't know reason).
    And got her earn to hacker paypal account.
    Region support can't help or slow progress, suggest to contact HQ Twitch.
    Too many step progress to resolve this case and unsure it resolve.
    Streamer have concern can got hack again if change new password and change payout back.
    Investigated don't know why got hacked, That…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow subscribers to Block from their view, conversations with Mods in all environments if the Mod has continued to be aggressive & abusive. Subscribers should not be subjected to bullying. As a subscriber, some channels are not safe zones because the Mod is “security” for Streamer and not an agent of a safe healthy community. I have unsubscribed to these channels in an effort to protect my peace. I have requested Mod to refrain from messaging or attempting to communicate as it is always negative & toxic. Please consider allowing subscribers/customers to have more control over their engagement.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. While I can understand the rationale behind channel chat and whispers being treated separately, the fact is that users who are banned for inappropriate behavior often follow up by harassing the streamer directly through whispers. Here is a potential workflow I can think of:

Whenever a mod bans a user from a streamer’s channel, it triggers some kind of message/notification to the streamer that a user has been banned and asks if the streamer would also like to block/ignore. Additionally, there can be an option for the streamer to auto-block in these instances where mods are trusted and there may…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?