Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Many ideas have been discussed here about adding 2FA as a next level security for accounts to verify they're legit and not just a spam bot account and chat. (See: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/933812-safety/suggestions/41306257-adding-2fa-to-chat-as-optional-filter)

What I propose here that is different those ideas is adding a CAPTCHA solver puzzle for people who want to follow a channel. And I'm not talking about those silly Text Based CAPTCHA solver puzzles that are distorted with upper and lower case characters and other things, but an image based CAPTCHA solver puzzle.

1. New followers will have to solve a CAPTCHA, a One-time Only process before the…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. If Twitch won't filter (or ban) usernames containing personal information, perhaps streamers could blacklist names containing certain words/#s/etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The broadcaster should be able to see who made changes to their channel, even if they did not have their Twitch chat or mod view open when the action was taken.

These are moderator actions that should be auditable: such as turning on Slowmode or Subscribersonly, or Pausing a channel points redemption category, or Marking a redemption as Completed or Rejected.

Currently there seems no way to figure out for sure who was responsible for the change: if a moderator makes these changes when the streamer is offline and not connected to chat, Or if the information has scrolled off…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. in response to the plague of hate raiding, there should be a button that allows you to block a raid removing all those who came over form your stream and give you a popup that asks if you want to report that streamer and possibly their chat. this should apply to hosts as well.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The current Twitch account creation system offers little to no assurance of protection for creators. Enforcement actions, when taken, are reactive, rather than proactive, and require submitting reports, writing descriptions, and disrupting the stream, which is exactly what these people want. Even enabling email verification for users to chat does not prevent someone from creating multiple successive, free "burner" email accounts for the express purpose of harassing one or more users. Someone can simply create a free email account online, create a free Twitch account, use the new email to verify the account, and circumvent that particular feature. To prevent…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to shadowban users where they are able to type in chat and see their message, but their message is not seen by anyone else but them.

This will help substantially in reducing cases of ban evading as shadowbanned users usually don’t realize they are banned (if they don’t look into it more, especially in larger channels) and at the same time it will not affect the streamer’s chat

Can be an ip shadowban across accounts. This would be such a helpful feature in preventing constant toxicity.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make users use bits to send unban request, and giving the streamer the option to select the custom amount of bits.

So even if the streamer denies the appeal, they still keep the bits.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Del mismo modo que se puede reportar un canal, sugiero poner una opción para apoyarlo si se considera injusto un veto. Recientemente he visto en directo cómo un emisor de un canal que había vetado de forma oportuna y necesaria a los típicos malechores que por envidia o porque no saben divertirse de otro modo hacían su chat del todo desagradable, tuvo que sufrir el reporte de dichos maleantes y fue injustamente vetado su canal. Propongo que se deje un lugar en Twitch para apoyar a dicho canal facilitando al creador un enlace para que pueda recibir el apoyo de…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hey!

I know a lot of streamers (including me) who have a "self sacrifice" channel point redemption and my MODS for some reason always want to redeem it...

I was wondering if we can get timeout that don't remove MOD status to a MOD but when banned that their MOD status would still be removed.

I know it is this way to prevent anyone with access to the person's account that is MOD or the MOD themselves posting, breaking rules. I've had MODs break rules and do some pretty awful stuff (Try to ban everyone) but most part IMO if…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Making a moderation feature that allows channel owners to give permissions to each individual moderators. This feature will give certain moderators access to manage commands/other features that only editors could access before. for example twitch has An editor role and a moderator role that can manage the broadcasters channel,right? so by adding a tool that allows certain editor commands/abilities to each individual moderators would be helpful to the channel owner, this command would need to be authorized by the owner of a channel or a editor. similar to how discord servers work(server owner can give any member of the server…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A raid-allow whitelist of channels, that is toggled on/off, will allow streamers to control the channels that are allowed to raid, removing one of the current threats to safety for marginalized communities trying to operate on Twitch in the context of hate raiders often performed by bot accounts.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a "Testing Mode" for those given mod permissions on a channel.
    Currently, only admin/channel creators can manage emotes, channel points, alert gifs, etc. but many times, someone else creates custom gifs and images for the creators. It would be very useful if mods could activate a "testing mode" that allows them to manage emotes and other channel images (avatar, banner, channel icons, etc.) unofficially (doesn't save, but can see how the channel will look with the new images.) This would be useful because it would make artists jobs easier if they need to test the pixels sizes and resolution…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hello! I'm relatively new to streaming. I've had fun using the platform and I look forward to continuing to grow my channel and meet new users. However, one of my friends and I have been running into an issue with streaming Jackbox Party Games.

We want people to be involved and play with us, but we are running into issues with trying to ban users that use vulgar language and racial slurs. While we can ban them if they are logged into their account, we can't keep them off of the stream and being able to participate if they just…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I think it would be nice if there was a way to have a log (or even just a count) of how many users you have banned (as a moderator in a channel)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow channel editors to manage the rules for the broadcaster that appears when you first enter the chat, this will allow chat rules to be up-to-date and easily edited and accessed by moderators and trusted people in a broadcasters stream.

For example, if there's a streamer who's really popular and doesn't have the time to check in on his chat settings ever so often. The editors of the channel can manage the chat rules, and edit them instead of having to contact the broadcaster.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Submitted this in another section of uservoice also under streaming features, but to make this more targeted.

1) Allow channel moderators the ability to see all clips that are created for a channel they moderate for.
    a) should be able to search clips by specific keyword, category, date, time frame, user
    b) should be able to edit title which may be indexed on 3rd party sites
    c) should be able to "Disable" a clip. This 100% doesn't mean to delete it, only make it non viewable on the internet to the general public. Deletion can then be handled by caster…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. As a mod for an LGBTQ+ and trans streamer, we have been hit with a ton of followbots coming in and spamming chat with hateful intent. I had an idea for a command that would ban all accounts that have followed in a recent timeframe.

For example, (/banall 10) would ban all accounts that have followed in the last 10 minutes. This would greatly reduce the amount of time that moderators have to spend on banning all accounts separately. I spent an hour last night doing so, and while I had backup to monitor chat, I know that many smaller…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When accounts are banned, they should not be able to see the stream at all. This is dangerous because stalkers can still view streamers. Many streamers agree that when an account is banned, they don't want them to have ANY ability to interact with their stream, even if it's just viewing it. Banned should mean banned from all.

Also giving mod tools to confirm a raid when it's someone we don't know so we can see what's going on or more protection when hate raids happen?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This feature very important for every streamer earning from Twitch.

Logon 2FA Requirement do not enough for who got hacked by silent.
    And too many streamer don't check email.

In case my friend (twitch affiliate) got hacked.
    It changed payout information without email notification(don't know reason).
    And got her earn to hacker paypal account.
    Region support can't help or slow progress, suggest to contact HQ Twitch.
    Too many step progress to resolve this case and unsure it resolve.
    Streamer have concern can got hack again if change new password and change payout back.
    Investigated don't know why got hacked, That…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hey guys,

I would love if there was a way we could ban/disable anonymous cheerer/gifter as a option for the streamers. I'm not a fan of the fact I have no control over this.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?