Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hey guys,

I would love if there was a way we could ban/disable anonymous cheerer/gifter as a option for the streamers. I'm not a fan of the fact I have no control over this.

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a "Testing Mode" for those given mod permissions on a channel.
    Currently, only admin/channel creators can manage emotes, channel points, alert gifs, etc. but many times, someone else creates custom gifs and images for the creators. It would be very useful if mods could activate a "testing mode" that allows them to manage emotes and other channel images (avatar, banner, channel icons, etc.) unofficially (doesn't save, but can see how the channel will look with the new images.) This would be useful because it would make artists jobs easier if they need to test the pixels sizes and resolution…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hello! I'm relatively new to streaming. I've had fun using the platform and I look forward to continuing to grow my channel and meet new users. However, one of my friends and I have been running into an issue with streaming Jackbox Party Games.

We want people to be involved and play with us, but we are running into issues with trying to ban users that use vulgar language and racial slurs. While we can ban them if they are logged into their account, we can't keep them off of the stream and being able to participate if they just…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I think it would be nice if there was a way to have a log (or even just a count) of how many users you have banned (as a moderator in a channel)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow channel editors to manage the rules for the broadcaster that appears when you first enter the chat, this will allow chat rules to be up-to-date and easily edited and accessed by moderators and trusted people in a broadcasters stream.

For example, if there's a streamer who's really popular and doesn't have the time to check in on his chat settings ever so often. The editors of the channel can manage the chat rules, and edit them instead of having to contact the broadcaster.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As a mod for an LGBTQ+ and trans streamer, we have been hit with a ton of followbots coming in and spamming chat with hateful intent. I had an idea for a command that would ban all accounts that have followed in a recent timeframe.

For example, (/banall 10) would ban all accounts that have followed in the last 10 minutes. This would greatly reduce the amount of time that moderators have to spend on banning all accounts separately. I spent an hour last night doing so, and while I had backup to monitor chat, I know that many smaller…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. This feature very important for every streamer earning from Twitch.

Logon 2FA Requirement do not enough for who got hacked by silent.
    And too many streamer don't check email.

In case my friend (twitch affiliate) got hacked.
    It changed payout information without email notification(don't know reason).
    And got her earn to hacker paypal account.
    Region support can't help or slow progress, suggest to contact HQ Twitch.
    Too many step progress to resolve this case and unsure it resolve.
    Streamer have concern can got hack again if change new password and change payout back.
    Investigated don't know why got hacked, That…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This feature would allow creators to allow and disallow follows to protect against spam, such as followbotting. If a user starts to get followbotted, they can turn off follows, and problem fixed. It will lead to less issues in the future going back and forth with support and stressing about whether or not you will be banned from Twitch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can you please add "Kick from the stream" option? This option will kick and banned anyone from watching/entering the stream/channel until the streamer/mods unkick

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When I open a user's card from the chat, and can see that they've been banned or timed out, each occurrence has a timestamp on it. Make the instance clickable, and have it zoom to that time index in the message log, even if it was month's ago, so I can get context on what they were banned or timed out for.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Subs get different badges the longer they are subscribed. Why don't MODS get different colored swords or different swords entirely the longer they are a mod?? If someone is in a chat and sees a mod with a sword showing they have lots of experience that person may be less likely to do or say something dumb knowing an experienced mod is in chat. Also there aren't enough mods to cover all streams so this would be a nice little thing to do for the mods. I have 500 hours in as a mod, it would nice to be recognized…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add an opt-in function to automatically block banned channels and vice versa, since blocking removes and prevents following but banning does not.

As a user I find the distinction between blocking and banning to be unclear, but usually I want to do both and having it automatically taken care of with one command instead of two would simplify things.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Most times (usually with a raid) we'd love to see who are trustworthy people for the streamer who comes, even if he/she is not in the chat to identify them.
    Having a badge (only for partner mods, or with X time moderating) will help other streamers to know who is mod in another channel and not to worry about their actions and words in the chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the list of banned users visible to all moderators and not just the streamer

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow editors of a channel more permissions, either basic default ones or ones that channel owners can allow/disallow as needed for individual moderators/editors.

For example, changing the Go Live message and adding/removing VIPs. I believe if the channel owner trusts the moderator/editor enough to have access to ban, change titles, edit/delete vods etc, they should be allowed to help out with go live messages and other stream/chat maintenance.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. While I can understand the rationale behind channel chat and whispers being treated separately, the fact is that users who are banned for inappropriate behavior often follow up by harassing the streamer directly through whispers. Here is a potential workflow I can think of:

Whenever a mod bans a user from a streamer’s channel, it triggers some kind of message/notification to the streamer that a user has been banned and asks if the streamer would also like to block/ignore. Additionally, there can be an option for the streamer to auto-block in these instances where mods are trusted and there may…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 18+ Tag or Filter

Since there is a lot of interest in allowing nudity on Twitch with games and art, it would be best for them to implement a proper 18+ filter or tag allowing the user to clearly see. The mature warning you receive before watching the stream is mostly ignored, so adding some restrictions for users under 18 would help a lot with future streams.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Asmr and cosplays should have mature audience warning or enter age to view stream. Most of the Asmr sessions and cosplays are adult oriented not suitable for children to view. Some Asmr sessions are ****** noises and cosplays are usually nudity. Also helps to put a mature warning on there channel. Like NC-17 or Rated R. Enter with caution.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It baffles me that this is not already a thing considering there are so many insufferable narcissistic twats and rotters streaming these days but PLEASE for the love of god allow or give us the functionality to BLOCK streamers so that they never appear to us at all.

Yes there is the function whereby we can remove them from appearing if sorting by "Recommended for you" BUT they still appear if sorted by any other means which is often because if you sort your channels by "Highest Viewer" count for example, you can't avoid some of these. PLEASE PLEASE Allow…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Give streamers the option to tag their content as Ultrawide for viewers who may prefer watching in a 21:9 or wider aspect ratios.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?