Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Asmr and cosplays should have mature audience warning or enter age to view stream. Most of the Asmr sessions and cosplays are adult oriented not suitable for children to view. Some Asmr sessions are ****** noises and cosplays are usually nudity. Also helps to put a mature warning on there channel. Like NC-17 or Rated R. Enter with caution.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Implement a design that mods can be rated by streamers and viewers to indicate their excellence in performance. Allow this to be community accessible, allowing streamers to locate the very best mods for their streams and to express the reward of value to moderators who place a great deal of personal commitment into a stream. A reward system could be implemented to add value to this by perhaps lowing sub fees for mods or offering Twitchcon Discounts on tickets for mods that reach a level of excellence.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I need twitch to support this idea. I'm new and my most recent chat who chatted about suicide. I don't know how to get them the help they need. I'm not comfortable with the topic. We need ads or something like this to point out help. Not just for Americans but world wide.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like Twitch to implement an ignored users list, accessible via settings page, with the ability to at least view the users that are currently on one's /ignore list. Bonus points for allowing us to also add/remove users from said list via the same page.

I know this functionality is already available via third-party tools and it's not a high priority feature, would just like to see it on the road map if it isn't already.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Twitch Rule enforcement system needs to be updated. The hardline enforcement is incompatible with the "per-case" approach when it comes to users being reported on the platform.

I believe that the system in its current state makes it too easy for bad actors to abuse the reporting system and use it as a means to remove streamers for violations that didn't happen, and I also believe that it makes it harder for streamers to defend the violations (via appeals), as when a streamer is suspended/banned they cannot review their VODs to see if or even when a violation took…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Gambling streams such as those hosted by poker channels should be behind an authorisation wall. Gambling addictions are severe and those who struggle with them deserve to be able to enjoy Twitch without being drawn in by these channels.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add an opt-in function to automatically block banned channels and vice versa, since blocking removes and prevents following but banning does not.

As a user I find the distinction between blocking and banning to be unclear, but usually I want to do both and having it automatically taken care of with one command instead of two would simplify things.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Under attack mode" to get rid of all bots.

Twitch should introduce an "under attack mode" similar to the one in Cloudflare that many sites use. If you are exposed to an attack by bots, you switch on the attack mode and everyone who then tries to reach the site must first solve a captcha (in twitch cases, everyone who wants to write in the chat). Then all bots will be filtered out.
    When the attack is gone, which is usually 20min-30min, this mode is turned off and everything is as usual again.

This is better than having your stream…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Since the twitch follow botting has become such a pain , what if we add a simple accept/reject follow request for users who join in and wanna follow? Like on Instagram. This would massively stop the follow botting . And a UI menu for the streamer/ mods to bulk select a list of users to allow or reject which has been implemented for redeem requests already (like a check all and accept/reject) .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be very good if a streamer could block Accounts that aren't older that 7 Days or something. My Streamer is getting annoyed by one Person with 1000 Accounts. If I ban one he can still chat with anotherone because of his VPN. This is a serious problem on Twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I heard at Twitchcon last year that there will be full support in the art field.

I want to draw with adult content, but I can't. There is no adult authentication system.

I just waited because I believed you'll improve it

So was there any improvement? no

As time goes by, the standards of adult content become more stringent.

If I draw a nude model right now, You guys will stop my broadcast

I want more free art activities. That is why we require an adult authentication system.

If not, I hope you improve it soon

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. a viewer that me and my partner in streaming (Ryuu101) share has multiple accounts, more than 13 and they keep on being toxic, and no matter how many times we ban or time them out they keep coming back. it isn't an issue with me, but they are stressing Ryuu101 out, and i don't like seeing people doing this kind of stuff to other people so something needs to be done, or at least a professional can tell her what she needs to do. they go by many names, but the main two are randomidiot, and Fo1x123452. the fox account…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ich fände es sehr gut wenn man leute die nur am trollen sind komplett bannen könnte... so das sie überhauptnicht mehr auf den stream zugreifen können

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A system where trolls / generally harmful viewers get negative karma when they are timeout, kicked or banned from channels. And some positive karma gaining system for viewers who follow guidelines. And then something for streamers to limit bad karma accounts harassing them. IMO could be very useful. Thoughts?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. These 4 been following and unfollowing me MANY TIMES and I am tired of it. Twitch needs to make a way to keep any users from following you. I know for a fact these 4 usernames are the same person. I have proof and I have emails they been following and unfollowing me at same time.

Kirilfrolov847
    MKVTeam
    ChitusNG
    Chitus7

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I started checking out lower viewer count streamers and noticed a trend of groups of people targeting new streamers with fake donation messages.

e.g. Username: has donated $1500.00! :TwitchVotes:

They use the TwitchVotes emote to make the message to make it look legitimate, as it's a Twitch icon with a checkmark. They use these donations to pressure people into doing things, everything from small pranks, to more dangerous stuff, to more sexual requests. It's surprisingly effective, as a lot of these people are non-technical or new to streaming, and feel pressured into doing these dares. I've reported these users, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Blacklist a phrase so that any messages containing the phrase are not displayed, currently the only way to achieve this is by using a 3rd party plug-in which can only censor the phrase, however, the rest of the message is still visible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A quick tool to add blurr to selected sections of a VOD. Currently we have to download the entire vod, edit in 3rd party software and then upload again.
    Unpublishing the video removes it from recent streams for viewers that missed it.

If we had an option to blue selected portions of the video in the editor that add security options to streamers.

I'm editing a 3 hour VOD just to blue out 30 seconds of a screen that shows my address...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When a chatter sends a message containing a banned term, they are met with the following message:
    "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings."

If the chatter is a harassing chatter, they will most likely just find a way to get past the banned words filter.

Example, in this scenario the word 'apple' is banned:
    -> Chatter: 'Man, I really love this apple!"
    <- Twitch: 'Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings.'
    -> Chatter (trying to get past the filter): 'Man, I really love this app1e!' (notice how app1e gets…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please implement the same feature in the "block" of the web version of twitch as in the desktop application. This means, it will block blocked channels from search results such as https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/VALORANT.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?