Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

180 results found

1. Blacklist a phrase so that any messages containing the phrase are not displayed, currently the only way to achieve this is by using a 3rd party plug-in which can only censor the phrase, however, the rest of the message is still visible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A quick tool to add blurr to selected sections of a VOD. Currently we have to download the entire vod, edit in 3rd party software and then upload again.
    Unpublishing the video removes it from recent streams for viewers that missed it.

If we had an option to blue selected portions of the video in the editor that add security options to streamers.

I'm editing a 3 hour VOD just to blue out 30 seconds of a screen that shows my address...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When a chatter sends a message containing a banned term, they are met with the following message:
    "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings."

If the chatter is a harassing chatter, they will most likely just find a way to get past the banned words filter.

Example, in this scenario the word 'apple' is banned:
    -> Chatter: 'Man, I really love this apple!"
    <- Twitch: 'Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings.'
    -> Chatter (trying to get past the filter): 'Man, I really love this app1e!' (notice how app1e gets…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please implement the same feature in the "block" of the web version of twitch as in the desktop application. This means, it will block blocked channels from search results such as https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/VALORANT.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For at least the meantime while the follow hate bots are a thing... Make creating new accounts have a mandatory cooldown before they can follow an option since many of the accounts that do the hate follow to get around current protections are created same day.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. put in a block tab so i dont have to report someone to stop them for showing up anywhere

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If someone is banned from a channel (not blocked) they should not be able to follow the channel. This should help limit the amount of bot spam and harassment attacks by making bad actors not be able trigger alerts or flood channels with follow bots.

Another option would be to have an option to block banned channels automatically and having ban apeals as a separate form rather than just messaging the channel.

It is beyond frustrating to get 20+ bots follow you in half an hour each with a simular name, some with blantant slurs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There should be an option for the moderators and streamer to 'flag' someone who is constantly causing issues. Basically this could help moderators easily figure out who to keep an eye on. Maybe they could have an additional badge that only moderators can see, which tells us this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There is a clear and present epidemic of bot accounts on Twitch (eg: The innumerable 'hoss_###' accounts) harassing streamers and viewers on Twitch, especially smaller content creators.

These bots are using a malicious third-party extension which can capture and log users' IP addresses whenever said user clicks on their name in chat, to view information about them as a user or views their channel.

Since the report feature currently requires clicking on a user's name, this exploit undermines users' ability to moderate and combat these bot accounts. There are ways of banning these users directly from chat, such as Nightbot,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. why can people make accounts like this? there is someone making tons of variants on "fat_streamer" to harass people. prevent this from happening.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Greetings,

I am unable to find where to submit feedback about reports of streamer violations not being acted upon. That is, Twitch's platform moderation ignoring reported TOS violations. There needs to be a way to contact someone higher up when this is occurring.

The specific reports being ignored are of streamers violating the "Nudity and Attire" rules in Just Chatting, some every stream, whoever is receiving reports of this is not doing anything because the streams continue without being moved to Pools, Hot Tubs & Beaches category.

Please get better moderators.

"For all streamers, you must cover the area extending…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. At the discretion of streamers and moderators, the reasons for the ban vary depending on the atmosphere of the room.

Sometimes, some users cannot remember what they said on the day of the ban

When they were asked to cancel after being banned,

it would be nice if the users could simply check why they were banned.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When applying a ban to a streamer, eventually apply an additional ban on their revenue (subs, bits, adv) for a period on top of the ban period.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. so when I got ban form the channel and after few days later it doesn’t said who check ban request by one of the mod so I have to end up re type the unban request again

I want to know if the dev team can able to make that tell a person of mod that check my unban request from that channel so I want to make sure it wasn’t a streamer that check the ban request because I can’t tell who check that unban request message was it the mods or was it the streamer

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create a history of reports and violations in the dashboard! I think this is a good idea!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think carrying the bans over to the raided streamer's channel would help many raided creator's with the trolls that may have been watching the previous channel. This would mainly help with bigger creators raiding smaller creators! the raided creator's mods could maybe accept or deny the ban requests maybe, and if they accept, all the people who were banned in the previous chat get banned in theirs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A button you press in Twitch Dashboard when you are offline that makes it so that you enter the testing mode. In testing mode, you can see your stream as if someone else was but without actually going live to the public. To show that you are in testing mode all the Twitch stats Will change to say "Testing mode". You will be able to see bitrate stats and change how your channel looks. It would also be cool if you could get a shareable link that you could give to your friend so that he can see what it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be good to have an option of a 'sort by' on the lists of "Username", "Added by" and "Time Banned".

When you go to your "Banned Users" list (Dashboard > Preferences > Moderation > Banned Chatters) the bans are in a totally random order. This makes it harder to sort out the list.

This will make it much easier to find a banned user, sort out your moderator team and see when you have the most bans, etc.

Thank you for reading and I hope this feature can be added, to give us streamers more flexibility.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. . Commenting Anti Abuse

-channel owner MAC Blocking controls
    : platforms should allow channel owners to have controls, where thy can see username to MAC address allowing them to block/unblock accounts-MAC Pairs.

-Protected Chat
    Channel who opt-in to have their chat protected,will have the controls to approve/revoke the user-MAC Pair globally and the platform would remember the decisions, so channel owners wouldn’t have to approved after each stream.

-Highlight Known Banned Accounts
    Accounts who have been allowed back from a previous Platform ban or who have been channel banned from another channel should be highlighted in the chat for a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a set cooldown from following to unfollowing as it sucks when someone follows to only get noticed by the streamer and thanked to then immediatly unfollow. People do this often on my stream, they follow me, I say thanks and a few moments later then unfollow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?