Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

174 results found

1. A quick tool to add blurr to selected sections of a VOD. Currently we have to download the entire vod, edit in 3rd party software and then upload again.
    Unpublishing the video removes it from recent streams for viewers that missed it.

If we had an option to blue selected portions of the video in the editor that add security options to streamers.

I'm editing a 3 hour VOD just to blue out 30 seconds of a screen that shows my address...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Many streams have fun aspects such as alerts or scenes to celebrate events. Such as flashing lights or strobes like a rave to celebrate.
    Or other music streams center their whole channel around these rave type imagery.

Flashing lights and colors is one of the biggest trigger for seizures for those with epilepsy.

I propose giving streamers a feature just like “flag this channel as mature content” they can “flag this channel as containing flashing imagery” or something of the effect where just as when you enter a mature stream a pop up shows stating
    “This stream has flashing lights…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When a chatter sends a message containing a banned term, they are met with the following message:
    "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings."

If the chatter is a harassing chatter, they will most likely just find a way to get past the banned words filter.

Example, in this scenario the word 'apple' is banned:
    -> Chatter: 'Man, I really love this apple!"
    <- Twitch: 'Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings.'
    -> Chatter (trying to get past the filter): 'Man, I really love this app1e!' (notice how app1e gets…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There are streamers on twitch, that use their body and sexual references to make money. This is fine, but we have minors donating to these streamers to get their names written on their bodies, to get their names moaned into the mics, and it’s overlooked because these streamers bring in money. I was suspended for saying an F-bomb but these kind of streams are fine? Putting an age restriction into place will allow these streams to be okay, and allow minors to safely navigate twitch. You don’t even need to be logged in to watch these streams. Enforcing your guidelines…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. can you make the gifting more tempting and more viewers will gift. i got 1 suggesting from huya china live. thier gifting option is more tempting then here. and i willing to gift from there. they make use of the bagde when viewer gift. each gift will increase the badge level. alot viewers have alrdy reach 22 level.
    but twitch, i dont see anyone willing to reach that high, so why? that the point im saying. u can go check thier website and improve it.
    they 100 bean = 10cents
    1000bean = $1.00
    10,000 bean = $ 10.00
    they have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If I block another user I would prefer they not see my messages in chat at all due to safety, not just me not seeing their messages, please make this possible, thank you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Okay so here me out, there are adults in the world, weve been gaming for decades, and sometimes what we play is categorized as adult content, at least by twitch standard.
    Now twitch standard is a little murky, say for example for a while nudity and sex was okay on cyberpunk, but then some did and others didnt get in trouble for displaying sex/breasts in the witcher. Its a constant game of is this okay, the only other choice adult gamers have is to move risque games to another platform that allows this and the two i can think of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Gambling streams such as those hosted by poker channels should be behind an authorisation wall. Gambling addictions are severe and those who struggle with them deserve to be able to enjoy Twitch without being drawn in by these channels.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Nowadays, if a streamer wants to change a collection's miniature, he needs to select a video as the miniature, but he should be able to do it without changing the video's miniature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There needs to be a way for people who don't use twitch to get help and support. Streamers are learning to harass and abuse people OFF twitch so they don't violate TOS. They also just delete VODS if they have been abusive in their streams. I have been getting harassed by "twitch streamers" and there was no way for me to get support from twitch without signing up. Please add a support option for people who are being abused by your creators but who don't use twitch themselves.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Some users on twitch unfortunately harass and target minority groups that being members of lgbtqia+ and PoC. If users are repetitively banned in say like 20-30 lgbtqia+ or PoC (tagged as such, like mixed race, african American;etc.) streamers channels, their accounts should be suspended then possibly sitewide banned, if there is a repeat offense post suspension.

There should data that collates this info and action as a result based of this also.

Being a streamer who fits into both these categories sometimes it gets a bit much having to ban and then also report these users, half the time i…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. please allow streamers to turn off the host option.
    we can block raids, but we cannot stop channels from hosting us, which is now being exploited and bad actors (some evading bans) are now hosting accounts with a malicious intent.,

in addition to this
    i would also like to have the option to ONLY ENABLE HOSTS/ AND RAIDS FROM USERS WHO HAVE PHONE NUMBERS VERIFICATION added to their accounts

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For at least the meantime while the follow hate bots are a thing... Make creating new accounts have a mandatory cooldown before they can follow an option since many of the accounts that do the hate follow to get around current protections are created same day.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The “block” function is the greatest exercise of power in chatting on twitch. This feature has the function of eliminating spam bots, political propaganda, and other obviously harmful entities that make comments knowing that they will be blocked.
    However, I think there is another side to this feature. This is the “monster-making machine” aspect. First of all, except for comments that are intentionally blocked as mentioned above, the first thing a blocked person does is to create a sub-account. I’ll skip the discussion of whether this in itself is a good thing or a bad thing, as that is not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. put in a block tab so i dont have to report someone to stop them for showing up anywhere

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd really love to have a content warning system similar to the tag system. It would auto-populate based on the current game or let streamers add warnings for Just Chatting or Talkshow streams. I'd prefer the system to be more opt-in than a popup every time you enter a stream. It would have a button near the category and tags part of the UI that reveals relevant warnings. It would be super nice if it could be user configurable to display a pop up only if a user navigates to a stream that contains a warning they've chosen to be…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It can be rather unintuitive to post links as evidence in user reports, as they're not parsed and can easily be overlooked. Therefore, to reinforce user reports more effectively, I suggest that Twitch upload files as attachments therein, such as pictures and video files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please make a chat filter which allows you to ban users with brand new accounts or accounts that are X days/hours/weeks old (give the streamer a choice.) It will prevent people from harassing streamers who just make new accounts after they've been banned and continue to harass.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If someone is banned from a channel (not blocked) they should not be able to follow the channel. This should help limit the amount of bot spam and harassment attacks by making bad actors not be able trigger alerts or flood channels with follow bots.

Another option would be to have an option to block banned channels automatically and having ban apeals as a separate form rather than just messaging the channel.

It is beyond frustrating to get 20+ bots follow you in half an hour each with a simular name, some with blantant slurs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There is a clear and present epidemic of bot accounts on Twitch (eg: The innumerable 'hoss_###' accounts) harassing streamers and viewers on Twitch, especially smaller content creators.

These bots are using a malicious third-party extension which can capture and log users' IP addresses whenever said user clicks on their name in chat, to view information about them as a user or views their channel.

Since the report feature currently requires clicking on a user's name, this exploit undermines users' ability to moderate and combat these bot accounts. There are ways of banning these users directly from chat, such as Nightbot,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?