Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

832 results found

1. While streaming last night, my stream lost connection and had to restart it about 10 mins later. I wasn't able to resume the movie where I had left off so having a scroll bar/jog bar or even chapters would greatly help in the event of lost connections as it stinks having to restart a movie/show from the very beginning due to something that can't be controlled.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the frustration. There are lots of different content controls that we’re investigating for our future roadmap, and we will add this one to the list!

2. The Just Chatting category must be limited to 2 hours per week per streamer as the name means everything and nothing at the same time.

A better definition of the streaming content would leave more space for small streamers and at the same time better distribute the whole community across multiple categories.

An Affiliate or Partner streamer must be able to define the quality of their content and consequently their categorization.

Also, giving people plenty of room to express themselves (sometimes badly) on certain topics can lead to a lot of misinformation that can very well be dangerous.
    My idea,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think it would be nice to see game categories while browsing team members without the need to click on each and every one of them just to see what they are playing.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Take away region lock from watch parties.

• Allow subs to watch along, even without prime!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Watch Party Team responded

Thanks for the feedback, we’re working on making Watch Parties available to our global community in the coming months. Stay tuned for more!

4. Здравствуйте. Просьба, заходя через браузер в личный кабинет своего аккаунта Twitch, сделайте кнопку остановить трансляцию.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. twitch highlights a lot of creators of certain groups, example last month black creators were highlighted and this month female creators are being highlighted. and this is such a wonderful thing as some of these creators don't get the exposure they deserve. i am a very small streamer from Sri Lanka, there is only a handful of Sri Lankan streamers since we Sri Lankans don't fall into a particular group, we dont get the exposure. i am not trying to say that i need the exposure, i am no way near a good streamer, i have a long way to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Whenever someone joins the stream you can set a video to play before the user actually sees the stream. It would only play once per stream (so that someone who closed the stream and reopened it wouldn’t have to watch it again).

This could be really useful to give viewers context on what the stream is (like quick run down on the rules for a tournament, or some backstory as to what it happening on stream). It could also be used to have a spoiler warning before the user actually watches the stream.

The video would have to have a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How do I squad stream BEFORE I'm a partner? I want to give chess lessons to other streamers...and having a hard time finding a way to do it using Twitch Studio without first being a partner?

What are the commands? And where do I use them? I had to have a viewer explain how to do a raid using a command...and that commands were put into my chat window.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When will Teamfight Tactics(Riot Games) loots return?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dont give streamers drops with out a contract to play the game for the enabled drop. Been sitting at 95% on a rust drop for the Rubius crate and the streamer has not been active for over six days on a timed drops. I understand personal things get in the way of streaming. Now a majority of people will miss this special in game content for it. This is why i recommend a contract when twitch promotes a streamer for induvial content related to a specific game.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It is a great idea but a failed launch. It kicks people out of the watch party, and leaves a silent window with just you in their with the watch party. Unless you have a good scene, it can be embarrassing and low grade quality to not allow others to be in the party.

I stopped the film because I lost all of my viewers after I switched over to Watch Parties from a "just chatting" while I was gathering a crowd to watch the show. However, this app forces people to sign up for Prime, or start a trial.…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Watch Party Team responded

Thanks for your feedback. We will keep it in mind as we plan our upcoming releases.

11. When raiding/hosting a channel, the list of channels you follow should have a scroll option again. It currently only shows people you follow with the top 5 most viewers.

I used to be able to scroll down and choose smaller streamers to host but that isn't possible anymore for some reason.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sometimes it can be hard to specify exactly where on screen the viewers are trying to call attention to.

A neat feature would be to have the ability to temporarily allow a viewer to "highlight" something on screen.

Streamer: I'm lost
    Viewer: You have to press that button
    Streamer: What button? I can't find it. Can you highlight it for me? (gives highlight)
    Viewer: Right here! CLICK (big yellow highlight appears on stream)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Por que a plataforma não disponibiliza recompensas para quem os assistem firme mente todos os dias ? A plataforma poderia ter sua própria loja para aqueles que não tem condições de dar sub em alguma live, tipo com algumas Skin de jogos, gift card e etc, pode ser recompensas pequenas podem pode atrair novos espectadores de diversas outras plataformas, não deixando que os mais antigos da Twitch acabe saindo por não sentir nenhuma atração pela plataforma e nos que não temos condições de dar sub continuarmos apoiando a Twitch firme mente.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Train  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. One person streams with camera and gameplay. Second person can piggy back and bring the first person stream pane into their stream box. Might be useful if second streamer is taking a break and wants to feature another streaming individual as a feature and help boost other individuals. It would be like a watch party but for a streamer instead.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As a creator, viewer and developer not actively using Twitter there is no proper chance to retrieve latest changes the Twitch platform is undergoing.

In order to improve this one way would be to provide a simple web-page with a change-log and a RSS feed for the "posts" on that page. That way for example people would have seen the change to the schedule announced earlier this week in their feed-readers or on that web-page.

The way it's currently announced I need to try to make sense from the @TwitchSupport Twitter-feed (which isn't easy as it isn't chronologically sorted and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add the ability to filter criteria like stream language, stream category (game) and a viewer range to then click "Raid Random" and raid a random streamer matching these criteria. Therefore streamers can raid small streamers without needing to decide on who to raid and without needing to check the online streams list.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be great to have this feature avaliable as an affiliate but it would be great to just skip all that and just be able to stream with your close knit group of friends, would be more entertaining to viewers and allow more follows to everyone in party

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?