Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have few ideas for improving clips management for streamers.
    As channel owner and broadcaster, I find it weird that I cant rename tittle of the clips which are done by viewers.

Disable clip settings it would be better limiting to create clip permission to channel owner, editors, moderators, and VIP. Currently, the disable clip from settings is preventing even the streamer clipping in his channel.

Permit editors to go through clips also delete and rename them as well.

As streamer and long time chat moderator in Twitch, I see these would be beneficial improvements to moderators help streamers going…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Basically in Chrome I have done absolutely everything I can in order to make Clips to work properly but it just refuses to work! I click the Clip button but it opens a new tab and the Clip never loads and stays in a eternal loading phase with a black screen no sound no anything... I searched in Google found a Reddit thread and I found that it would be fixed by turning "chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy" flags setting into "No user gesture is required" but even then I was not having any success making it work So what I did further was…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Why not split stream Videos when u change tha Game?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sick idea for you Twitch. Could we get a "90 Day" selection when looking at clips. I would love to be able to see recent clips from the past few months instead of having to scroll through "All" of my clips from years back to find recent ones.

This would help creators find their recent content to use other places like in Discord, Twitter, or even making a video for a recruitment challenge a big team is having. Just a thought and I think a lot of creators including myself would love having this option to help them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a button to the interface labelled "What have I missed?" that when clicked will show a couple of minutes of random video from the current (or previous) live stream so that people who are late to the broadcast can catch up on what has happened before they got into the stream.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When reviewing clips, the mature flag needs to persist so that content from streams that are configured as intended for Mature Audiences continue that flag appropriately into the Clip UI and APIs

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In my twitch livestreams I often play multiple games.
    Afterwards I exported the whole VOD to Youtube and split the content in multiple videos by using the Youtube Video Editor; with that I was able to sort the content according to the game in playlists and categories, because on Youtube one video can only be categorized in one category/game.

Youtube now removed the feature to "split videos to new videos" 😐

"No one used that and you can still easily download, split and reupload the Videos", Youtube says. 🙄
    That is BS, because Download is limited to 720p and Youtube…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 years worth of Twitch clips were deleted. The reason -- Twitch support said THEY RAN OUT OF ROOM!! No warning, no chance to save precious memories. Just POOF.

Give us a warning on clips about how they are stored so we can make sure we SAVE OUR CLIPS. It is completely wrong that company deletes content without a warning, especially things like this.

So please, give us a warning about when clips are scheduled to be deleted, and what criteria you use to decide what clips to delete due to storage limitations.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Every streamer runs into a few issues with trolls. Half of the time with trolls or DMCA content, users have to completely delete VODs. Well, unlike Twitch but on other platforms you're able to edit "VODs" a lot more with a lot more detail. That included to making parts quiet, to louder. Replacing or adding music to the vod, or even bluring or blocking unsafe content for the vod and even removing DMCA content from the vod without removing your whole vod to follow through with DMCA.

These systems have been around for ages and I'm completely flabbergasted about twitch's…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please give us the option to download more clips at the time. Either by selecting the clips or by a bulk download.
    It would also be preferable if the clips would be named either by the date they were created or by the clip name. Preferably both.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I think a full overhaul of the twitch clip system needs to happen. I should be able to skip to a certain page of my hundreds of clips instead of waiting an eternity to scroll down and have them load in. I also should be able to view all my clips on iOS and android, but desktop should be a priority. Channel editors should also be allowed to remove clips from a broadcasters channel, as it is a crucial moderation tool we lac. Currently the clip manager and system is slow, archaic, and inefficient.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have a special border or a larger indication of when a video is a rerun; also have a message pop up in chat when someone goes to chat in a rerun

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I am unsure if this is intentional, but when you highlight a VOD you now have to wait for each highlight to finish processing to add a description or change its title or game.

This has only been the case for about a month; before that you could add a description while a highlight was processing no problem.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. YouTube recently added 1.75x speed for videos. I find it be the perfect max speed for being able to understand most speech. (And at least one other person agrees: https://youtu.be/DQ8orIurGxw?t=115)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Twitch, so far I'm loving the overall experience, and I think you guys do a tremendous job of listening to your community and incorporating said community feedback.

That said, there is one aspect of Twitch that bothers me right now.

I'm a gamer, and play a variety of games, namely first-person-shooters and open-world games. I like to organize all my game uploads into collections by game title. It would be nice if I could upload thumbnails featuring the game art for each collection.

Can we please get thumbnail support for collections, allowing us to add some personality to our collections?…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. If users exit the clip editor without selecting "Publish", a clip with the stream title is still saved. These clips create clutter and detract from browsing all channel clips. Ideally these unintended clips should not be saved/posted.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The clips interface states that you have to title a clip and click publish for it to be visible. However, the clip is created even if you do not click publish and closed the tab.

This results in accidental clips being created any time a user does any of the following accidentally:
    * Returns to the stream and clicks on the "clip" icon
    * Presses Alt+X
    * Attempts to click "Settings" and hits "Clip" instead
    * Attempts to click "Theatre Mode" and hits "Clip" instead

This results in:
    1. Users having junk clips they've made and have to sort though.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How about you don't throw at me your purple screen of death when my adblock is disable on your whole website and has been forever.

It's not your ******* business if I want to use one on website I don't use regularly to protect myself from the ones full of ****.

I'll watch my gaming content elsewhere util this is resolved, and if u don't, I'm out for good.

U greddy f*ck Besos

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I love playing back recent broadcasts from music streamers and want to "like" them so I know and they know that their broadcast was viewed and enjoyed. I'm already following them, but giving kudos for a recent broadcast would be really nice to have.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When a stream is paused, the stream ending and hosting/raiding another stream causes the new stream to play. There is not an easy way to "stop" playback (it can be done, but you have to go to another page so that the player shrinks and gets a "close" button), and it is frustrating to suddenly have playback if you've stepped away for a bit (i.e. phone call, doing something away from the computer, etc.).

Either there should be a "stop" button in addition to the "pause", or pausing a stream should not start playback when the streamer raids/hosts another stream.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?