Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

144 results found

1. As an editor and channel manager, it would be extremely convenient to be able to edit Clip Titles from the Clip Manager page. As an editor, I click the "clip that" button from the Creator Dashboard extremely often. It would be so useful to be able to edit the clip titles after-the-fact, because as of now creating a clip on the fly automatically sets the title as the stream title. As you can imagine, going through 20 clips with the exact same title is time consuming.

Not only would it help as an editor, but it would also help with…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

As a channel manager, do you mean streamer? If not, I definitely see the need for what you are suggesting. I want to leave your feedback on its own for further consideration (from the editor perspective), but I do have two ideas for you that I think might be worth supporting that also address the different issues you have highlighted:

- https://twitch.uservoice.com/redirect/suggestions/40125406

- http://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/923368/suggestions/33356122

Thanks for your feedback!

2. Streamers currently will at times have many viewers clip similar timeframes of a stream, i.e. viewer 1 clips 15:34-15:44, viewer 2 clips 15:37-16:04, viewer 3 clips 15:27-15:35, etc. These clips could be composited into one clip of 15:27-16:04.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi!! when making clips on twitch, there's always seem to be this issue where the player will not load the slider bar for editing correctly, which entails refreshing the page over and over again till it finally gives the ability to edit and publish a clip. there's been instances where its taken 4 mins and 10+ refreshes to finally do one clip and so it kind of hinders clip gathering due to the frustration while also making way for excess duplicate clipping

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I've been using Twitch since 2018 and clipping has always been a bit glitchy. Recently something new has happened which makes the feature really difficult to use conveniently.

I'm getting these error messages on the daily that tend to last for an hour after attempting to create clips.

In the Clip creator after selecting the time to create the clip:
    "Whoops. Something went wrong."

Then when attempting to delete the clip that didn't get clipped correctly:
    "There was a problem deleting this clip."

This happens independently in both Chrome and Firefox and it doesn't seem to matter which streamer it…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Let the page for editing clips be embed onto other pages. The current page has such a small amount of features, that I'm sure me and many others would love to expand upon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. My idea is to make it easier to delete clips with a tap of a button on the phone or website and make the clips longer then 30-60 seconds it would be greatly appreciated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I scroll through my library of clips, the thumbnail is too small to tell which clip it is and what is going on there. And it doesnt get bigger or smaller when I zoom my browser either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add functionality to mark clips safe from global delete, and make it persist across sessions. Using the select all box and unchecking individual boxes puts clips in danger first, and if you accidentally leave the page all selections are reset.

I would love to be able to check my clips weekly, select the ones I want to mark safe, then use the delete all button for any I don't want to keep.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Over the past few years i've been clipping for several channels and I can easily say my experience using the clipping tool gets worse every year.
    First it was just a few minor issues with the tracking bar for the clip not loading in properly which took me months to realise you could refresh it to make it show up, now when I try it it can normally take dozens of tries before it will even show up at all.

These days sometimes the clip won't even load in at all or you will get a bit of audio/visual and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi, Okay so I've countless and I know other people have countless beyond countless clips they have and want to share with others, but the current hassle is the only way these clips are ever even viewed is if we post it to another social media platform instead of adjusting the clip for the use of twitch and then editing later for other platforms.

The idea is this, its simple really, a clip page section that is next to the browse button. You click this, and it takes you to a total new area of twitch the has top clips…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Im someone that rly loves if people do clips on stream, but often it happens that people dont give a name to the clip what makes them hard useless if they are all called like the stream they got created in.

I would like to have the possibility to rename clips created by the viewers if they dont give a proper name to it

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be such a help if some "quality of life" changes could be done to the clip manager in creator dashboard>content>clips.
    Some changes that I would love would be a more detailed searching system for clips: including a search bar for a clip's title, and more filters such as category ALONG with channel instead of them being separate.

There's also some bugs(?) which could be fixed, such as the "sort by views" not always working 100% correctly (clips in incorrect order), the "enter a category/channel" sometimes making the whole clips section of the page go blank after entering a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Current behaviour (in web browser):

You open a clip, and it start to autoplay, but the sound is muted. So you have to click unmute, and then rewind the clip, to hear the beginning. Annoying!

(I understand that muting autoplay videos is a choice made by web browsers.)

Better behaviour would be:

You open a clip, and it doesn't autoplay. You click play to start it, and then it doesn't need to be muted.

Alternative solution:

Place a "hint" by the unmute button, showing the user how to disable this behaviour in their browser. E.g. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-autoplay

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice if you could edit or add a Category to existing Clips on Twitch.

Example No. 1: A lot of my clips on my channel had their category removed, after the game category "Deponia: The Complete Journey" got removed from Twitch. If it would be possible to edit categories on clips, these clips wont be categoryless anymore.

Example No. 2: Imagine a VOD, where someone plays two games. Lets call them "GAMEONE" and "GAMETWO" for orientation. If the VOD is live and a clip is created, it get the category of the game which is currently live.…

207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to be able to create a clip by passing to a Twitch API the video_id, offset in seconds, duration in seconds, and name of the clip to create.

This should be secured so that only channel owners can, with an OAuth token, create clips on their channel

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This is the msg from the page i got after 5 minutes of refreshing and waiting for it to load with nothing open in the background not even twitch.
    "Well this is awkward… Something went wrong.

Refresh the stream and try again, or tell us what happened."

https://clips.twitch.tv/clips/500

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Would like to be able to get clips without providing a specific game/category/broadcaster id

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When making clips of streamers, could you add the chat to the clip as well? Feel like watching clips with chat running on the side adds a lot. Overlapping chat to the video might help.

Also when watching streamers live, any way to add an option to overlap chat over the stream or have it the way it is now? I like to watch on theatre mode, and chat takes up a lot of real estate on my screen. Some streamers have chat in OBS so i get rid of chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Opción de OCULTAR/PUBLICAR. El streamer debería poder decidir si un clip es publico o si lo quiere ocultar. Hay clips que uno no quiere que los demás lo vean pero no lo quiere borrar, esta opción ya existe pero sólo para los VODS Y DESTACADOS, seria genial que estuviera en los clips.

Imagen de ejemplo: https://prnt.sc/YPKx1D-qEjvd

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Olá! Seria interessante adicionar qual jogo ou categoria o streamer estava jogando na parte dos clips (Clipes que achamos que vai gostar) na frente do nome do canal. Exemplo:

Nunca mais isso acontece
    randomchannel - jogando Resident Evil
    Criado por randomuser

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here