Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

142 results found

1. "Watch full video" is only available when going to the Clip page from the popup video player, why can't we go straight to the full video? Perhaps with a small button next to the other ones at the bottom of the player. Personally I use it a lot when I see a good clip and want some extra context.
    There isn't even a button to get to the clip page easily, have to copy paste the link or exit the player and click on the text part of the clip.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I do enjoy the fact you added it so we can edit our clips and save them but you took out the feature that let you save the original. And while using it on the phone it's impossible to move where the web camera is supposed to be .. and also why not make a section on twitch and call it clips showdown or something and makes it so people can scroll thru clips related to games they like and you can add your clips to the list by publishing it to them . Not just any clip you make

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 過去のライブ配信からクリップし、トリミングを押すとトリミング操作が開始できますが、公開するとトリミング内容も記入したタイトルも消えてしまい、最初にクリップした秒数だけ公開されます。改善願います。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I like to have my on-screen character against the bottom of my stream. I'd like to include it in the small-box portion of the clip editor's new vertical edit mode. Unfortunately, the positioning of the channel name means it covers up a portion of my character's face. Please let me position the channel name to be just slightly lower!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I wish there was a way to change when your clips start and ends so you can pin point the exact thing you were trying to clip to share. Example: wanted to clip a moment in Elden Ring and instead ended up with a 30 second clip when I needed a 10 to 15 second clip.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As it stands today, the only way for anyone to actively see clips from a content creator on this site is either via the small section featured on the home page if you scroll down enough or by looking at the specific streamers profile. With how many clips, highlights and VODs exist on this platform, there should be a way for viewers to easily browse/consume that content without having to discover that creator while they're live.

Although this is a broad request, essentially what I'm asking for is:

• Landing page for highlights / VODs, with a way to search for…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please make it possible to create a clip within the Highlighter. It's much easiert to check for markers and create a clip from there. I use a CLIP Marker to notify me after the stream if something is worthy to clip. Would be much easier in the Highlighter.
    Otherwise I would need to open the stream and skip to the timestamp manually. Way more steps than in the Highligher.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. On the desktop web interface for creating clips, you cannot trim or move the start/end trim sliders on touch-only devices.

Please make the input touch-friendly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As people can now edit their clips to fit in vertical shape these could either be uploaded to twitch and then being able to watch them via the app or website in a scrollable fashion akin to what tiktok is doing.

Hashtags are already a thing and can be used to search like categories.

This could make discoverability on twitch way better as viewing clips right now is just totally cumbersome.

Could even just apply coordinates from the cutouts streamers are doing and applied in realtime to the clips.

Just something to make clips way more impactful on twitch itself…

430 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Ana responded

We recently announced the upcoming launch of the Twitch Discovery Feed: a scrollable feed in the Twitch app that shows users a personalized mix of Clips. 

Before that launch happens, we’ll be running experiments with limited versions of the Discovery Feed to help test and improve our algorithms plus the overall experience. These early experiments do not reflect the final design or experience of the Discovery Feed. 

We'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions on how to improve this experience as we build towards the bigger launch. Feedback can be left via https://link.twitch.tv/UVDiscoveryFeed - thank you!

10. Currently there is nothing to delete a clip from the clip page (twitch.tv/clip/###) for editors of the channel

So, actualy, if you want to delete it, you have to look at the sometimes approximate creation date and scroll in the dashboard's page of clips.

When you have to delete a clip several months old on a big channel, it's a waste of time, it would take days to scroll and the page crash (RAM full) long before reaching the dates...
    And it cost you alot of ressources while we doomscroll and load thousand of clips to reach only one of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The clip editor has helped save some time, mostly with formatting, but I feel that it lacks some crucial factors. like some, I add custom graphics to the clips, one being a animated pop up of my channel name that I had created in after effects, its simple and that's all I add, with the occasional subtitle.

currently as it stands, the formatting and instant upload to YouTube are the pros, but not being able to go further is what is currently holding this feature back from being even more useful

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A suggestion of an idea that it would be good if you implemented it, in the clips panel there should be an option to be able to make more personalized searches of the clips, to be able to filter the clips by year, month, day and also the possibility of searching for a clip by name

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The vertical clip edit feature twitch added is neat, but they need to make it so we can move our channel name piece around to where we want. It currently is locked in the middle of the screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Creators need to be able to edit clips like we can VODS. Some folks make a clip but don't realize they can capture just a moment and we end up with clips that are too long.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently the format for URLs of clips are as following:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/WordWordWordWordWord-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This doesn't show which channel the clip is on, and it causes issues when you want to filter URLs on your stream.

I want to filter URLs, except URLs to my content. That is currently not possible for Twitch-clips.

I suggest a new format of the following:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/Username/...

This way I could allow all links that are "twitch.tv/ponponthebonbon" and reject all other links.

And if this change would be applied, I would also not mind it if the five words were removed. They make links long and unwieldy…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The new vertical clip editor needs more features. Some examples would be, different shapes for the camera box and being able to maneuver the placement of the items in the clip. Everything currently looks too big while the gameplay itself is too small.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This makes sense because the Editor Role already has access to manage clips, highlights and VODs. The Editor Role already has access to export VODs to YouTube.
    So the editor role should be able to use the Clip Editor and export them to other platforms.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  9 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a button to hide thumbnails for clips, the same as how it works for streams/vods.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As an editor and channel manager, it would be extremely convenient to be able to edit Clip Titles from the Clip Manager page. As an editor, I click the "clip that" button from the Creator Dashboard extremely often. It would be so useful to be able to edit the clip titles after-the-fact, because as of now creating a clip on the fly automatically sets the title as the stream title. As you can imagine, going through 20 clips with the exact same title is time consuming.

Not only would it help as an editor, but it would also help with…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

As a channel manager, do you mean streamer? If not, I definitely see the need for what you are suggesting. I want to leave your feedback on its own for further consideration (from the editor perspective), but I do have two ideas for you that I think might be worth supporting that also address the different issues you have highlighted:

- https://twitch.uservoice.com/redirect/suggestions/40125406

- http://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/923368/suggestions/33356122

Thanks for your feedback!

20. Streamers currently will at times have many viewers clip similar timeframes of a stream, i.e. viewer 1 clips 15:34-15:44, viewer 2 clips 15:37-16:04, viewer 3 clips 15:27-15:35, etc. These clips could be composited into one clip of 15:27-16:04.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?