Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

142 results found

1. Poder recuperar clips que hemos eliminado erróneamente

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why does the "Show Full Video" button under a Twitch clip disappear so quickly? I'm watching a clip from less than 24 hrs ago and it doesn't link to the VOD anymore, even while the VOD is still published.

For editors, the ability to jump to the VOD to the timestamp of the clip is an absolute gamechanger to save time. Especially with Twitch limiting clips to 60 secs, very often we actually need to cut a longer clip of the VOD.

Between that and the fact that older clips only show a relative date, "A year ago" for ex.,…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Clips appear to be broken for some channels but not others. Sometimes you can edit the timeline then it post an errors, then other times it will not even load the Clip segment to edit. I have tested this on some channels dozens of times on a single creator and Twitch code refuses to load, also tested on multiple Browsers to no effect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The highlight editor is a much nicer tool to make a stack of Clips with in the first place.

I don't have many making clips of stuff I do on my channel.
    But scrubbing content to turn into clips my self is a lotta work, compared to just making a stack of 30-40 seconds length highlights from easy set marker points made during the stream.
    But highlights don't benefit from the recent changes to Clips...
    So it would benefit my workflow and time greatly if the highlight editor could also just make the short highlight as Clips instead.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently, when downloading files from our video producer, they are labeled with some seemingly random assortment of letters and numbers, and do not represent the content being downloaded. I'd like to see an update that simply makes it so the download grabs the title from the clip/VOD being downloaded for ease of use in editing / organization purposes.

When creating things like highlight videos or clip compilations, the extra work to rename the clips/VODs you download can be incredibly tedious and an unnecessary extra step.

Thank you!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We should be able to sort clips by most recent and/or oldest. Not just the "last so many days" feature, but all clips from all time, just sorted by other ways than just "most viewed."

I was trying to find a clip of my own that may or may not have been made about 2 months ago to share with someone, but I couldn't find it. I had to give up after several minutes of searching. If I could have sorted the way I'm suggesting, I would have located it much quicker or at least been able to determine it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ディスカバリーフィードテストに伴い縦画面用クリップが対象となりましたが、クリップを編集した際にそれらを解除する方法が見つかりません。
    意図しないクリップが表示されるのを防ぐために元のクリップをそのままに、縦画面用クリップのみを解除または削除する手段があると便利です。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We can create clips via an API call but are not able to name them in that initial API call.

This seems like a worthwhile addition for those of us that use a !clip command for our chats so viewers don’t have to leave stream to make a clip but instead can just type “!clip” and grab a clip and continue watching uninterrupted.

Allowing this would let viewers use a command such as “!clip <clipname> to create a clip that doesn’t simply end up as !clip <the entire stream title here>

The ability to also adjust the time captured would…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. After viewing a clip, the next suggested clip will be the most viewed clip in that category. In the Art category, this usually means being suggested a pretty spicy thumbnail whether or not you have watched a clip from a spicy channel. With the latest TOS update this suggested clips feature has further made sharing clips from the Twitch link inaccessible to more "family friendly" art streams.

I was wondering if Twitch could utilize stream tags to divert suggested clip content to each side of the art category- this way the clip fits the audience better. Example: if a stream has a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Featured clips used to have a slider to show/hide featured clips in category view. This switch has been removed. Bring it back.

"Why should you bring it back?" I hear you ask. "People love featured clips".

Well, it's because you've created a scenario where there is a HUGE incentive to only EVER create featured clips, because these will ALWAYS show above any non-featured clip, created in the timeframe you're viewing, which means that (when people figure this out) that ALL clips created (by people wishing to promote their channels) will tend to be created as "featured" clips. When everything is…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Role's and Permissions for the Editor Role

access to clips and the edit'r tool to export to youtube

or make a new Role "Content manager"

there can see and edit clips and vod's

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think it would be more intuitive if the "Filter by" setting defaulted to "All" instead of "Recommended." For the purposes of moderating clipped content this would remove the hassle of always having to switch that drop-down to see all clips, and I believe it would help to avoid situations where users mistakenly think their clips are not being saved if they don't title/publish the clip.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I love that Twitch have added the feature to share clips directly to Youtube shorts and TikTok!

However, sometimes viewers make clips which aren't always clipped to show the actual highlight.

It would be very nice if we could clip in the editor, where we also choose the frames, so we can catch the highlights.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How about listing clips from the VOD that im watching below the video player so it's easier to watch the highlights from that specific vod. Make it so you can sort "Clips from this VOD" instead of just "Top 24H/7D/30D/All" (●__●)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can't make them all the time getting something whent wrong and same on PC and phone, can't contatch support aswell shows something went wrong.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please allow for streamers to grant mods permission to make vertical clips using the new features!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi Twitch!

I really like the implementation of being able to upload and crop clips into Tiktoks and YT shorts. I was wondering if we can further expand on this and possibily add a feature to that editor to allow for adding text to a video.

It would go a long way in in making the quality of those videos better, and it would expand the audience of those videos in general to people who don't actually watch videos with sound, but also help the retention rates of those videos, which helps the community as a whole so videos whole.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Right now, when you click the username of the person who created a clip in the "clips of your channel" overview, it links to that person's own clips page on their channel. These users often aren't streamers, and either way it's not particularly relevant to go to clips of another channel when reviewing your own channel's clips. Instead, I propose that clicking the user name should bring up the user card for that person, so you can confirm if they are following you or their previous chat history, which is much more relevant information if you need to check if…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have had VODs unpublished due to things like detecting copyrighted content in a game I was playing, which is fine on it's own. I can just republish the VOD, or allow the clip to be muted, and any subsequent VODs due to forgetting to switch VOD publishing back on can be republished. However, the chat does not re-associate with any clips made that stream even when the VOD is published again. I would appreciate having the chat available for these moments, especially when the stream JUST happened.
    It's also unfortunate that a VOD's expiry deletes the chat replay from…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The recent change to limit the editing and deletion of featured clips to only the channel owner may not be the best solution. It would be better to provide an option for the OP to request for deletion as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?