Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

144 results found

1. Implement a system that automatically uploads the Top Clips of the week (<7days) in a Twitch Story (similar to Instagram Story) - of course the Streamer has the ability to adjust the shown clips if necessary, but the initial upload is done by the system.

Short Pro's:
    - This enables viewers who can't spend several hours on Twitch to stay up to date about what happened recently in his/her favourite Twitch streams (they can easily browse through Twitch Stories without spending too much time)
    - Celebrate key moments with the community once again
    - Highlight the viewer who clipped it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. de pouvoir télécharger les clips sur les chaines sans être éditeur

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This could be done by using different filters such as; games, more date options or even a keyword.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Their should be a way you can search through clips without seeing the same user over and over... I don't wanna see the same popular streamers clips, I want to see new streamers clips so please add an option to sort by limited 1 clip per streamer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A lot of people make clips out of context just to harm streamers, if we can filter clips on dashbord by searching nicknames will be a lot easyer to take care of it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When I click on a clip, it opens, immediately starts playing, but starts muted. This really makes no sense; I always end up having to restart the clip after unmuting it to catch the start of the clip and it's annoying. I either want it to autoplay unmuted, or to not autoplay at all (but still not default to mute). Best solution would be to give users the options "what do you want to happen when you open a clip? Start muted? Y/N Autoplay? Y/N"

I would say "no/no" to those choices but currently the default is "yes/yes". Would be…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Streamers love when viewers create clips, because it makes it easy to share small stream highlights without having to look through their entire VOD later. These clips are extremely valuable for streamer growth, and it'd be great to reward viewers for creating great clips!

Also it should be up to the streamer to choose which clips get rewarded, not just every clip.

Moments are halfway there, but those can only be created live by either the streamer or their mods, which only rewards viewers for being there rather than for creating clips.

In addition to this, there are some streamers…

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My original tweet idea with a diagram: https://twitter.com/Shonen_Ronin/status/1484374423985549313

I have a new idea for clips.

A folder system for clips. Vods dont stay up long so this wouldnt work for it permanently, but on a temporary note, it would work.

It would make it so much easier for me to know what clips i edit and trimmed or re-titled for upload. So i could make folders for games. Make a new clip, title it, and drag it into said folder. Then i can have said folder titled "Clips to upload" or "Clips not to upload" for example. Now when i…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In the Settings > Stream section of the Creator Dashboard for Clip Settings, you're able to exclude categories for clips BUT it only takes effect when starting a new stream.

I am proposing that it is updated for whichever categories you configure to be excluded that clips be disabled in real-time when you switch to those categories. If you later switch to a non-excluded catgegory, clips get turned back on.

It would improve the workflow significantly. In it's current form, it's kind of useless because why would a streamer stop and start stream if in the middle of their stream,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Something that , If you click on a stream, it'll show you all the clips made from that stream.
    Twitchtracker has it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. What happens now:
    When you press the clip button on desktop it opens a new tab and the auto from the stream tab and from the clip tab are playing.

What I wish would happen:
    When you press the clip button it mutes the stream and opens the clip tab. (only clip tab has audio)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As per written in the title. Consider it, please. Very simple, but might be useful for new streamers to build an audience

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be nice to be able to choose the default max length of a clip when an Elgato Stream Deck is integrated. For example, I've opted to make clips myself using the "Create Clip" action on the Stream Deck. My gripe with this is that all the clips default to 30 secs. This is unfortunate when there are moments that are within the 90 sec. max, but fall outside of the 30 sec. default. So, on Twitch's end, either in the Stream Manager or in the Clips section in Settings, I'd like to see a "Change Default Max Length"…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On September 24th I posted an idea for a new app for Twitch that would be like TikTok or YouTube for Twitch clips, this is because short form content is much more consumable.

Upon discussion and feedback from streamers this should not be an app, since it would be much harder to get people to download and use the app. Instead this should be built right into the site already.

On the front page where you see the 4 purple buttons that say Games, IRL, Music and ESports, there should be a 5th tab called Discover or maybe better yet…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would really like it if twitch would include our stream titles, vod title, and clip titles in the sites meta description so it shows up in (close to real time) google search.

I recently browsed a stream on Trovo live and found that they do in real time syncing with google search twitch does not.

By even reverse searching twitch stream titles nothing shows up in google search, this is frustrating.

I would also like to be able to search in twitch for stream/clip,vod titles and have them show up in a search results page.

please add this

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. right now we can clip from vods that are unpublished , it would be nice to be able to clip something from an unpublish vod so that way we dont have to publish the whole broad cast again , clip something from it then unpublish it again.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the ability to filter clips and videos without showing content from streams you've marked not interested on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I noticed that the clips are deleted by the system due to the presence of copyrighted music. In the recording of the broadcast, these places have a mute. It would be nice to turn off the sound in them instead of deleting clips.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When I go to watch a clip of a streamer that I follow, the next clip that loads usually has nothing to do with the content I just watched. Next clips should be based on similar streamers, tags, or size of communities rather than "whats trending"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why can we not see who made a clip right on the clips manager page? I don't want to have to click on each clip to find out which user made a clip.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?