Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

778 results found

1. This is only directed at viewers on desktop, I would assume.

Nevertheless, why not create some type of incentive for viewers to not use adblock or some other source? Main ideas that come to mind are either a small bits reward system like you had with "watching ads for bits" with somewhere along the lines of a monthly deposit. The only other thing I could think of to back this is some type of reduction in sub cost, even if this is minimal (I'd hope .50-$1 but that might be high hopes).

I can't always sub, but I do keep…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Banner ads appearing on channels I have subbed to. I do not get video ads on these channels. Fix it so subbing stops the banners too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Stop allowing ads to run every 5 to 10 minutes that last 3 minutes (1 of 8 or 9 ). I feel very annoyed along with others in the community about this. It will kill a streamers view counts

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When an ad rolls on the Nintendo Switch official Twitch app, it constantly breaks the stream. You have to completely close the app and then when you come back to the stream the same add rolls AGAIN. Sometimes you have to do this 3-4 times before you can finally start watching the stream.

If you want to shove ads down our throat, maybe spare some of the millions you're making from them by making a functioning app on the Switch or remove it from the marketplace.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Olá Twitch, hoje assisti algumas lives e todas com excesso de ads, o que me deixou surpresa e chateada com a plataforma, atrapalhando minha experiência. Anteriormente, existia um anúncio, no máximo dois seguidos. Hoje eu peguei 5 seguidos e 3 seguidos, mais de uma vez. Estou descontente com isso, colocar ads no meio do video é tratar o público como idiota (da mesma forma como já faz o YouTube) e vocês estao fazendo pior. Essa é uma reclamação do excesso, pois ter ads para vocês pagarem a conta é uma coisa, ter 5 ads seguidos é ganancia.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'm sure that I'll get a form letter of some type for this submission.

It is well established that Ad Partners pay good money for running Ads on the Twitch platform.

It is also known that almost, and I mean almost, everyone hates ads. Even as a streamer, ads running cause a loss in viewers.

As of today, any time an ad runs, I will close Twitch and go watch something else, somewhere else. The ad will remind me of this new idea and eventually, I will simply just not open the webpage.

Thank you.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I noticed in a recent stream that moderators that arent subscribed to the channel still experience blackout ads (ads that mute stream) i believe that this can hinder the job of a moderator, i know chat is still seen but there isn't necessarily communication with the streamer. this can create issues within streams. Either this option, or possibly free subs for currently promoted moderators.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can we please have a grace period of at least a few minutes before automated ads run again after the stream crashes? It is highly annoying when the scheduled ad sequence starts from scratch and messes up the whole timing of breaks, not to mention how annoying it is for non-subbed viewers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Our goal is to continue to improve the ad experience to make it more rewarding for creators and less interruptive to viewers." One way of making the ads less interruptive is by putting them on top of the stream chat and (like how you do when there's more than 2 ads playing and the stream get puts on top of chat). You could also choose to add some subtitles to the now muted stream (because of the ads playing). I also think there should be a first-party adblock for those who can't afford Turbo or subscribing. [I hope this throws…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. i have YOUR ad schedule on my channel and after 8= hours of streaming i've made all of $0.68... whats this 55% when i don't even get 1% for running what you suggest... and $100 to cash out? why it's MY MONEY, sorry you have to pay some kind of fee, but you can cover it with all the ad revenue you dont give out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, in the Ad Manager, you can set ad breaks to be up to 3 minutes, but 90 seconds is the maximum amount to disable pre-rolls (30 minutes). Why not allow to disable pre-rolls for the full hour if you set the Ad Manager to 3 minutes? Running an ad every 30 minutes is way too disruptive. I am incapable of taking breaks when I speedrun for a full 100 minutes, it it impossible for me to adjust the three disruptions that would occur so that no one misses an important fight or trick. If it was ONE break of…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The first time I reported this ad (months ago when first seen) it was removed for me and it's returned, however won't go away with the report function. The constant advertisements with "suicide" are extremely off-putting and destroying my positive user experience.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. i would love to see an option to set ads to the exact same time every hour. for example: every hour at X:45 there will be 120 seconds for ads, so it doesnt matter when i start or end my stream - the ads will always show up at the same time. if i start streaming at 8PM and end my stream at 11PM there will be ads at 8:45-8:47 and again 9:45-9:47 and once more at 10:45-10:47. it would be awesome if you can add this option to the ad manager, i would love to place my ad breaks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stream Display ads should not be the first thing you see when entering a stream. It discourages watchers to stay and see what is going on when they are forced to watch 2-5 mins of ad content before they even get to see or hear the streamer. Please set a delay on ads when a new user joins a stream. A user should not see an ad until at least 5-10 mins of stream content has been veiwed... then if you want to bombade the veiwer with ads AFTER they get a chance to watch some of the stream, go…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I was watching a stream for 30 seconds after watching a 30 second ad, they put FIVE MORE ADS, after 30 seconds of watching… and conveniently right after I made a comment… twitch going down hill fast

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. i work to get affiliate, then get told if i run ad's i'll get paid for them... where the F is my ad revenue? cause i've run ads according to you system and have been paid 1 time, and that was on a stream i didn't have ads activated for. so should i just stop running ads to get ad revenue?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am a streamer, I would like it if the streamers had more total ads. Not during stream but that they could pull from. I have "ran out" of ads. During my streams I keep getting "Commercial break in progress". I am not getting any ad revenue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For me, the whole thing about the Ads Manager is being a fallback mechanism to ensure the preroll ads don't get turned on. As it is right now... it simply does not do that.

There's no fix for snoozing (not directly), but running a manual ad should not count against an ad that's scheduled after pre protection expires.

Really, though, the correct fix is to give us a programmable interface. My bot should be able to read the current settings, and modify it to whatever's necessary...

a. I want to know when the next ad is scheduled.
    b. I want
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?