Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

778 results found

1. Affiliates don’t earn enough from ads to have to deal with the headache of them consistently rolling when they’re gaming or whatever content they’re doing! We should have the option to TRUELY DISABLE THEM or have a timer when the next one is gonna show, YouTube has a marker that shows when an ad is gonna run, I get with live streaming that isn’t possible but if I know the times they’re gonna run, I’ll be sure to not start a game or pause the video or stop my content for the 3 minutes it’s gonna run, so my community…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. They should ban ads about crypto and they don tell the risks up front.

like https://www.slimincrypto.nl aka https://www.wijzeringeldzaken.nl/Crypto/ SIC slim in crypto

Snel cashen met crypto? Dat klinkt te gek! Maar let op!

Wat zijn crypto's eigenlijk en waar koop je ze veilig?

This is not for kids! and its even like gambeling!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Every content has ads. But running 5 30-second commercials in 10 minutes ****** viewers off. We don't watch ads by subscribing to a publisher I like to avoid watching Prime ads, but we don't have to subscribe to everyone to avoid watching ads. Reduce advertising to prime members. tired of ads

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. voy a ser sincero, he dado mas dinero a twitch q a mi propia familia, no me importa, no es el tema pero la publicidad es tan molesta que me frustran. odio su pagina porque no saben filtrar eso, meten tanta publicidad que esto se va a pudrir, podrian parar de molestar con eso a gente que ha dado mil dolares o mas, no existe un filtro, no veré otras personas en twitch, no esperare 1 minuto o dos cada 5 minutos. el dinero los transformo tanto que será lo mismo que los matará, dejen de llenarme las pelotas con…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. as it is now, adds are force fed to us. they come up unexpected, and loud. its worse than TV, and i am THIS close to installing an addblocker. ive seen many folks online for years talking about addblocker. i never took one, to support my fav streamers. but you now implemented adds, beyond the streamers choice. the viewing expierence has dropped, and i will not take it much longer. be rude to us, i draw the line and install addblocker so i can enjoy my expierence.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I found myself watching vods of one of my favorite streamers, but I left to watch it on youtube so that he could get ad revenue. There should be a way to monetize pre recorded content too with banner ads and possibly gifting bits and subs directly to a clip/ moment/ vod/ etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We could have either an API that sends a signal for when an ad is about to be played or an option on the Stream Manager that plays something when an ad is about to play.

So at least the streamer is aware of when to pause the game to do a bathroom break or not go in an critical part and make the viewers lose it because of an ad.

That would help some of us with selective focus and don't have 2 monitors to keep track of the ads in a full screen game.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hey, can you not have 9 ******* ads every 5 mins when watching people. You guys are such sellouts you are going to ruin your own platform. You have already lost most of your big streamers to youtube. Feel like I'm watching the Superbowl halftime show every 5 mins with the number of ads you guys make us watch. Whoever came up with the idea to be this bad with the ads should be fired.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to not run ads at all. I get that streamers get revenue, but its so small to me, that it doesn't really matter. I, like a few people I've interacted with, directly or indirectly, feel like the random roll of ads (sometimes a 3 minute ad will roll) deters new viewers from sticking around longer to find if they like the streamer. There are some people who just aren't "on" for the entire stream and it takes a good 2 minutes for an interesting topic to come up, but when you already say through ads, you decide…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Having an automatically added tag for any stream with pre-rolls currently disabled (through automatic ads or with the new automatic ads) would help drive discoverability towards those using this feature.

I feel it would also encourage more streamers to use the ads appropriately during low activity moments or when they take a break from the stream, thus also increasing revenue.

By having it as a tag that will be automatically added (and removed) it's easy to filter for streams that have the tag within a category. From conversations with my viewers, they would definitely be more willing to check out…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The new Game of Thrones Dragon ad crawls onto the screen as it messes with the aspect ratio of a stream causing it to lag out, audio doubling, color balance issues, and general LAG.

I get that the ones that show up like this (not a full minimization of the stream) aren't for the benefit of the streamer, but as someone who is intending to start streaming, I'd rather not have the quality of my stream be hindered by these ads, and I'm sure if the streamers I watched knew you did this to them, they'd be insulted as well.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Everytime i enter to a channel i see a pre-roll ad and its annoying to say the least, and most of the time (if not everytime) there are 2 ads in total, And that just because i entered a stream. just stop it, its **** the pre-roll ads and everyone gets annoyed by it and probably makes twitch get less money from it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ich bin von allem begeistert was mir als Streamer mehr Einstellungsmöglichkeiten bietet. um so mehr, um so besser, da es alles induvidueller macht und mir als Streamer mehr Möglichkeiten bietet. Hauptsache ihr nimmt nichts wieder raus was schon da ist. Vielleicht könnte ich es ja grade gebrauchen oder irgend ein anderer Streamer vermisst sonst genau dies. Also bitte alles lieber so lassen wie es ist, bevor etwas rausgenommen wird. Ansonsten kann ich nur sagen, VIELEN DANK das ihr uns die tolle Plattform bietet macht weiter so.
    MFG UndergroundWarrior1982 (schaut gerne mal bei mir rein und lasst ein Follw da, würde…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think streamers should be making more for ads that are run. 3.50 isn’t enough for 1,000 views most ppl are just starting out and it’s not fair to them to not even get 1000 views.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please turn off an automatic Ad when we refresh a stream. Because of various issues (sometimes in the Twitch side and sometimes on the user side) audio is not synced with the video. The only way to fix that is to refresh the stream. Each time I do that, I get an ad. It is really distracting and it really makes me not want to browse new streamers and content because unless I sub to them, I am constantly dealing with this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add an alert to the alert system streamers can configure that will kick off a use-defined period of time before a scheduled ad break begins. That way everyone knows without doubt that a break is about to happen. The streamer can pause or at least be aware that the ads are happening and people are missing content, and the experience will improve for everyone. Streamers who don't want the alerts could simply not use them, of course.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The in-stream ads are interrupting the video stream. Please stop, thanks. I'd rather stare at a black screen then the dumb ads, or I just stop watching I suppose.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Commercial break in progress" has got to go. Can't even skip that with a subscribe button or an adblocker. That screen is supposed to be "30 seconds" but when the 30 seconds was up it started over again.... and again... and again and then finally I got in and was able to watch.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There's a drop down in the Ads Manager to send a notification a certain number of minutes before a scheduled ad is about to play. It defaults to OFF.

However, setting this to something other than OFF apparently does not work, because no notification appears either for the viewer or the streamer.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?