Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to hear and see the thing thats going on live and on my phone it makes it a tiny little box with no sound

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ads are presented as "supporting content creators" but there are a large number of people on Twitch who are streaming as a hobby or otherwise would prefer to pay so that their viewers can get a better experience, and for some of them the amount may be larger than the amount of revenue that the ads themselves would have brought in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If you guys are going to completely FORCE ads down our throats, you need to do one of three things:
    1) By far the easiest solution - Make Ads Skippable after X seconds.
    2) Make ads something that pops up as a Picture in Picture in the corner or something when a stream is running. I honestly like this one the best because I honestly wouldn't have an issue checking out whatever is being advertisted as well as (and I cant stress this enough) NOT MISSING STREAM CONTENT because someone wants to run 7-10 15-30 second ads in a row.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. They killed the experience of finding new streams because as soon as I find a stream I'm instantly hit with 30second to 2mins of ads, only to be hit by them every few minutes, how am i supposed to enjoy a stream when I miss out on so much?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Never in my life have I bought something because of an Ad on the internet and that will never change. On top of that the pre-roll Ads are preventing me from viewing new streams. I'm never going to click a new streamer and be like "okay cool i'll wait this 30 seconds to see if I even like the streamer", if you're going to force pre-roll ads then put it in a window in the corner and adjust the volume so I can hear both the Ad and stream. Or better yet don't try to force them on people!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. They are egregious and pushing people away from exploring new channels.
    Midrolls ruin the experience and are extremely anti-consumer

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If I'm switching between channels looking for a good stream, I have to sit through a minute-long ad each time. More often than not, this leads me to stop watching Twitch as I don't have the patience to sit through so many ads.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ad timing (when in a broadcast an ad is shown, plus for how long or for how many ads) is a largely "invisible" skill in traditional media, but an important one for managing the flow of content delivery that almost no streamers have. Twitch broadcasters lack dedicated producers for this purpose, and the current algorithms that automatically deliver ads account for at most the time since the last ads a user watched. This leads to ad delivery that often interrupts streams very badly.
    Twitch should develop more sophisticated algorithms that deliver ads at the least intrusive moments in streams. For…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. currently you have ads playing in the main screen taking over volume as well as preventing people from hearing the stream while you push the stream into a small player above chat without sound. for many games this makes it impossible to keep up with whats going on especially with the random timing you've now introduced into the ad plays now that its out of the control of the streamer.

if you could swap the ad and the mini stream and not force the ads volume to mute the stream the ad could play effortlessly without really bothering anyone especially…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-By-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please consider adding a PIP window for the add during the stream. I should have to watch the same add over and over again. I will not continue to support Twitch any longer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Picture-By-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When a user gets a mid-role add save the stream in a buffer and when the ad is finished continue where u where watching.
    Also add a button to jump to current since twitch does not have a timestamp slider or speed up the stream.
    This fixes the problem of users missing out content and gives them the option to which part of the stream they miss or view sped up.
    Twitch happy because everyone watches adds. Users happy they don't miss content.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pretty much what the title says. Also, instead of having the stream minimised during an ad, have the ad in picture-in-picture mode, otherwise it's just intrusive and turns viewers away. Similarly having multiple 30 second unskippable ads doesn't help either, having a small ad window eases this.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-By-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I've noticed when some ads play they take over the screen and the stream is moved to be above the chat until the ad ends. I think this should be reversed. Ads should take up that space above chat and then disappear; or, perhaps, they appear in the corner of the stream. If this were done, of course, ads would likely have be silent -- and I doubt any user would be against that.
    Whatever the case, ads taking up the entirety of a livestream is just not acceptable and advertisers/Twitch need to figure out a better way to have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I do not like pre roll ads. It is annoying to me as a viewer and a streamer. If you insist on having ads, allow an opt in setting. While opting out disables ads permanently.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I can't possibly describe my disgust seeing the amount of Buffalo Wild Wings or Chipotle Cuban Steak ads. I don't force my ideals on other people, I'm quiet about my decision, so please allow people with vegan/vegetarian related diets to opt out of any animal products being advertised to them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Creo que poner anuncios a dia de hoy no es recomendable, porque en primer lugar molesta al tapar tanta imagen, en segundo lugar, fuerza las suscripciones, y en tercero, poner anuncios no genera lo suficiente en comparacion de lo molesto que es para los viewers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If you could get an extension for games with lobbies that would roll a 10-15 second ad in between the games (lobby) rather than playing the regular one over the stream. Obviously, the Affiliate or Partner would have to download the ones for the games they play, if they play without the extension, or don't have it when they play the regular ad rules would apply.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I've seen multiple people talking about this on reddit and twitter, there seems to be a fair few people who are experiencing distorted audio after an ad plays. Seems to mostly be firefox users.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I love supporting Twitch streamers but I do not have money. Therefore I would love a possibility where I can support the streamer by watching ads that I myself click on a button to watch. You could make a system so the streamer gets notified when someone has watched 20 ads, 50 ads, 100 ads etc. And maybe also write how much money example 100 ads are worth.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Many advertisements have an extremely dangerous level of flashing lights, and all of them pop up without warning and they can and do trigger epileptic seizures as a result even in perfectly safe streams.
    This is an extreme concern for many people, including myself.
    There is a specific advertisement that has so much flashing it can trigger a seizure even for someone using medication because of it being so hazardous, that ad promotes audible.
    I tried reporting it to them for how dangerous it is but they do not accept feedback of a complaint category.

I would like to request…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?