Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

781 results found

1. i work to get affiliate, then get told if i run ad's i'll get paid for them... where the F is my ad revenue? cause i've run ads according to you system and have been paid 1 time, and that was on a stream i didn't have ads activated for. so should i just stop running ads to get ad revenue?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am a streamer, I would like it if the streamers had more total ads. Not during stream but that they could pull from. I have "ran out" of ads. During my streams I keep getting "Commercial break in progress". I am not getting any ad revenue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For me, the whole thing about the Ads Manager is being a fallback mechanism to ensure the preroll ads don't get turned on. As it is right now... it simply does not do that.

There's no fix for snoozing (not directly), but running a manual ad should not count against an ad that's scheduled after pre protection expires.

Really, though, the correct fix is to give us a programmable interface. My bot should be able to read the current settings, and modify it to whatever's necessary...

a. I want to know when the next ad is scheduled.
    b. I want
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi,

I've been watching Twitch for over 10 years and I must say over the past few months I've considered moving away from the platform with the implementation of the new ads system.

Users are now forced to watch ads for several minutes every 15 minutes or so and missing out on live content that can't be watched over unless you want to miss out on the next few minutes of content by going back and reviewing the VOD. I truly think this is a poor system and needs to be reviewed.

Whenever this subject is brought up in a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm a small streamer, there's so many out there like me, and I do speedruns. People can miss things during the runs, ask me things then miss replies or leave during a pre-roll. I had them turned off but now it's forced on people because of Amazons profit-first approach. You're turning people away and, frankly, ruining something I enjoy doing. And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Small streamers earn almost nothing, we put content out there that you make money from, but are most at risk of losing the few viewers they have. Just…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Twitch has a disturbing tendency to show ads immediately after I send my first message in a channel, making it impossible to hear a reply. Can there be a cooldown of 45 or so seconds after you send a message before an ad can be shown?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When watching a stream sometimes your ads just show up when u posted an message. My suggestion is to have an automatic icon in front of the name that shows the streamer a viewer is currently watching an ad so they can wait with replying

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. instead of relying strictly on bits and subs, why can't we get a higher ad revenue? to make up for not getting the bits and or subs? alot of streamers do not get enough subs or bits to even get enough money....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 min Werbung mitten im stream ganz ehrlich ihr könnt mich mal Twitch es macht kb mehr bei also vorm stream okay 1-2 von mir aus 3 werbungen sind okay bzw vertretbar aber wenn ich manchmal mitten im stream 11 kurz werbungen habe wo grade der streamer genau was am erzählen/machen ist macht es null Bock… meine zeit kann ich auch anders verbringen in dem ich auf YT bin oder auf prime netflix etc
    Ich hoffe ihr arbeitet mal an dem mist

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Steamers should be able to toggle ads on their streams instead of being forced to have ads that they might not want or even profit from

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Every streamer on twitch who isnt a Partner with the new revenue share, is complaining about the increase in ads lately. All of our conversations get interrupted.
    If we run ads the prerolls stop for a bit but then the viewer gets a 6 part preroll ad after the cooldown. This is pushing people off twitch because no one can subscribe to everyones channel. On top of that we are losing some of our sub revenue right? In exchange for maybe 5 bucks of ads a month?

Why cant we have ads that dont interfere with the entire screen or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There's currently very little information on how Display Ads actually function in relation to standard video ads. Creators have zero way of seeing revenue from them vs. standard ads.
    Do they replace standard fullscreen ads? Do they appear according to ad schedule settings?

If these appear in addition to normal ads, why would anyone use them, especially when we have no idea what they're worth to us as creators.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have been a part of the Ad Incentive Program since March-April of this year trying various ad lengths and seeing the consequences of longer ad running times. For context I have been Streaming on the platform full time since early 2019.

One major perk to any level of Ad Program offer is that Streaming has become more sustainable for specific partners like myself.

A major issue is that offers CANNOT be renegotiated. If you receive an offer for 1 min, 2 mins, 3 mins per hour one month, your next month could be a minimum of 5 mins per…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Last month, I took a vacation, so I ran reruns for my community to enjoy! However, initially unknown to me, It pushed my stream hours to 119 for the month when I normally stream around 80. This also messed up my ad offer for August significantly.

In July, I was able to pick between 5, 6 and 7 minutes of ads, which is no issue for me and the way that I do things. The offer for July's ad program was very nice and was a great balance between time spent showing ads and money offered.

For August, I was…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Two problems here;

The first, main issue I’ve been having is that very often, ads will break. The sound will cut out half way through the ad, and then at the end of the ad the player will just freeze and not load the stream. Sometimes it eventually resolves itself, sometimes I have to close and reload the stream (possibly giving another ad). I’m on iOS for info.

Second, not so much a bug per se, but my god can you please vary the ad campaigns so that it doesn’t play the same ad every stream load/ad break? I’m sick…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When looking for new streamers, it's common to interact with the streamer and ask questions, especially before subscribing. It would be great if ads were delayed after a user asks a question in chat. I was recently watching a streamer with 200-300 viewers while actively engaging with his chat. I asked a question and then as soon as he began responding, was given four ads. Personally, I see value in mitigating this. Let me know if you agree!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. hi i really would like to pay for turbo experience once every year or half-year just like normal subs + a discount on the multi-month turbo just like a normal sub will be really nice. why because i don't like to be charged every month i would rather sub for multi months and cancel then renew it again manually

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The interrupting full-screen ads HAVE to stop. When playing JackBox Games for example, your screen is literally gone and it ruins the game. The screen doesn't always minimize and go to the top right, so you literally have no stream to see. Thirty seconds is a lot during JackBox to not see the main screen (and this is just the JackBox Games example of the experience being ruined - there is no point in going to new streamers because ads play on my favorite ones already). This is completely ruining the experience on Twitch. I understand ads need to play,…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The Situation: Advertisements are inevitable. Revenue needs to be generated and if the consumer isn't paying out of their own pocket then someone else must. So advertisers pay money for the potential to attract customers. Stream display ads do not demand the viewers attention so they will never generate the same revenue for advertisers, meaning either more volume or that they will be combined with the ads we already hate.The Feature: Allow the viewer to choose what type of advertisements they receive, with parameters such as whether it is a followed stream, new(to the viewer) stream, and/or a specific game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?