Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. Recently your advertiser "Turbo Tax" has been advertising on your platform with an ad featuring a man spitting on another man with a protracted image of the man being spit on and the spit all over his face. It's disgusting enough behavior but it features the two men being of different races, thus adding a racial element. It is my understanding that TWITCH is against racial antagonism, baiting, agitation and fomenting of degrading opinions toward any people or races as well as generally degrading content. Is there any doubt that TWITCH would have a not allowed this ad if it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. No small streamer should have to think about dealing with pre-rolls. It hinders growth and discoverability. It's likely that most small streamers are just starting to figure out how to retain an audience. So having to juggle between bringing new people and keeping those who were already there is an unnecessary job that only brings more anxiety.

Affiliates (or maybe just streamers with less than 10 simultaneous average viewers or so) could have a lighter ad schedule. For example, in order to disable pre-rolls, streamers would need to run 1min30s of ads every hour. That would be a good way…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Alright, let’s be real here. The only people on Twitch that would use this feature and actually earn a few bits off of it would be large creators. Once again, let’s be real... do these large creators give two hamburger crumbs about bits? No. The only thing that they would care about is actually earning real currency off of ads. And ads don’t give you anything at all really so...

The people that will care about bits and want bits would be people that don’t stream or unpopular streamers. Let’s say you’re a unpopular streamer. How much bits would you…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If a person gives a certain amount of money towards streamers on a monthly basis, they should be rewarded with site-wide ad-free viewing. Like, if they give 20€ or whatever (5 Tier 1 subs), then they should no longer see ads anywhere as 5 times twitch's cut off of a T1 sub should be enough to warrant it.

"But why don't you just buy Turbo" Because Twitch exists as a platform to support streamers and I'd rather spend 40€ on streamers to avoid ads than give Twitch 8-10€. I'm here to support people, not at platform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The new "to view the stream while an ad is playing, watch it in theater mode" info card never goes away while watching a vod in fullscreen and ruins the viewing experience

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Do ads for game ideas like minecraft,spore or the sims to keep more people coming into twitch and being interested

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Okay so we want to do a 12 hour stream. within this stream we want to give all we get to a charity of our choice. but is it possible to only place ads of that specific charity during the stream instead of getting somekind of snacks ad while donating to diabetes ... would be really stupid to see doritos while you running to send money for diabetes or something like that right.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I find myself going into someone's stream and instantly leaving when having to wait for an add to play. We live in a "now" type of world and I find this to be unattractive to the person using the twitch platform as well as the person streaming.

I would recommend waiting for the ad to be in place after a certain amount of time watching the streamer rather then the add playing instantly when then link is opened and someone is trying to engage.

Thank You,

EmeryTime

twitch.tv/emerytime

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Every time an ad plays either during a broadcast or after I join a broadcast the stream freezes on the last frame of the ad and won't play, after refreshing the ad plays again and gets stuck. I would put this under support but there are no options for ad issues and Twitch support is terrible.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hey Twitch maybe don't show chicken sandwich ads on my chicken stream it's kind of messed up :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please stop spamming the COVID ads. We get it. All humans "should be vaccinated." We don't come to Twitch to talk about stressful topics - unless it's an OP NPC. Please...enough with the COVID ads!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Never show me the Coke "warcraft style" add again

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Не отображается реклама зрителям, во время трансляции. Компаньонка подключена, доход приходит. Но рекламы у людей нет.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ads hinder growth so, so much and they barely make any profit for small creators/ for twitch when playing on small creators‘ channels. Maybe give affiliates the ability to turn off all ads completely in their streams, and only have mandatory ads for partners?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's very jarring having the viewing screen change size during a stream. I'd much rather the ad just cover a portion of the screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I don't think this is the correct place to post the bug, but on firefox I have had an issue trying to watch a streamer where you will serve me an ad and then refuse to let the ad play. Thus I am locked out of the stream because it repeatedly serves another ad that doesn't play if I hit refresh. I hear that advertisers prefer their ads to be played too.

I don't think this is the correct spot to be posting this, but when I tried to go through your help section it felt very clunky and all…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It says we can click a button to start an ad during stream on mobile device under stream info. It never works. And you may choose to be notified before the ad starts but I do not recieve any.
    I ask to Fix that "Start Ad" button! And Add it and Connect that with OBS/ Stream Elements, allow where we want the notification of pre run ads to go to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Mientras estoy en algún stream como espectador sin suscripción, me aparecen cada 5 minutos al menos, 4 anuncios que hacen un total de 2 minutos de anuncios que son un poco fastidiantes, ya que anteriormente, estos anuncios aparecían cada 15 o 20 minutos (a veces en una cantidad de tiempo mayor) y no había tanto problema.
    Pero últimamente son más seguidos y eso hace que a veces salga de las transmisiones y prefiero verlas después si es posible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I wish there was a option for affiliates and Partners alike to turn off preroll ads, a lot of us especially the smaller streamers hate that this is a thing and having a option to turn it off would make a lot of our streams a lot better. The reason why I say a toggle feature is because some streamers have a living from this so its not fair for them not to have it but the smaller streamers we dont like it and it drives away a lot from us

Thank you for reading this and taking this into…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently ads played during VODs seems to break the playback position, and instead resets the VOD to the start instead of continuing where the advertisements interrupted.
    This is a common issue on mobile, and has been for a while.
    Fixing this would go a long way to help making ads less antagonizing, as this is furthering the stigma that ads are making Twitch worse to view.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?