Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

778 results found

1. Wie lange wird das Testen der Stream Display Das gehen? Wird es dieses Jahr noch diese Art von Werbung geben?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'm running advertisements on social media to increase my audience on Twitch.
    With these pre-roll ads, everyone that clicks my advertisement has to watch this pre-roll ad on Twitch, meaning there's A LOT of potential fans that are not able to watch my concept for 1 single second because the ads are scaring them away.
    Growing an audience on Twitch generally means more subs => more revenue for Twitch AND the streamer.
    That's why I had the idea to let streamers pay for disabling the pre-roll ads.

I know there's an option to run ads on the entire stream, disabling…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Pre-roll ads don’t belong on live content to begin with, but they should never be as long as typical commercials/ads. Imagine clicking on a stream that you’re excited about watching in that very moment (because you saw something interesting in the thumbnail or someone tweeted about something happening on that stream) and then after the website loaded and the video player loaded, waiting another 30+ seconds for the live stream to load. That’s the current experience with pre-roll ads. It breaks the in the moment or “you had to be there” experience of live content.
    A 5 second pre-roll ad…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When streamers do a sponsor stream, would be nice to see a special sponsor symbol or icon next to the game category. For example, under XYZ streamer, "sponsor symbol" ABC game. I think it will attract more viewers and followers will be able to tell quickly under their followed channels list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If you are going to have midrolls you need to provide us tools to work with the midrolls as best we can as creators. Enough people have given you a reason it is a bad idea. I am offering up ideas to make it at least workable if you continue this route.

• We need a countdown on the streamer dash and the mod view on when the next ad will roll. Like a producer would have.
    • We need a limited ability to push back an adroll. Like a one time 2 minute snooze button, or a trigger early button.
    • We…
    36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The new “auto running ads” is a great start. Now add a countdown alert where the hype train is indicating an upcoming ad & how long it will be. Offer a pop up in chat allowing non-subs an option to click sub to avoid it & subs to click to choose to view it for extra support & offer cool “ad supporter badges” for people that change & get cooler the more ads they watch as a reward for supporting through ads. For more of my ideas please look under the hashtag #bladesideas on Twitter. I’ve already come up with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When switching to Mod view on a channel, it will sometimes run an ad, even if I've just loaded the page watched an ad and switched to mod view.

When going into Mod View, it shouldn't roll an ad, which, in some instances I've switched to that view at the request of the streamer, which I then loose details from the streamer due to the ad roll.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Op het moment zijn er veelste veel ads, ik ervaar dit als onprettig. Het is logisch en begrijpelijk dat je niet geabonneerd bent op een streamer dat je dan ads krijgt maar zoveel is overbodig. Het stimuleert niet om je favoriete streamer te kijken.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow option for moderators to click on usernames in chat and as option instead timing out make them watch ad for 1 minute instead of only muting the viewer. This would increase streamer & Twitch ad revenue.

In order to avoid abuse only allow moderators to use this option X amount of times per user per stream or X amount of times per hour.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Eu virei afiliado recentemente e os anúncios não estão aparecendo pra os espectadores

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please stop running "pre-roll" ads right when a live stream starts. Every time I get queued up for a live stream about to start, as soon as it starts, I miss the first 30 seconds of the stream and have no idea what they talked about. This is especially annoying on dev streams and the like. KNOCK IT OFF, TWITCH! Even Prime users get screwed this way.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If you change to picture-in-picture mode whilst watching an ad, once the ad has finished playing, if you exit that mode, the ad replays on the stream.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I've seen multiple people talking about this on reddit and twitter, there seems to be a fair few people who are experiencing distorted audio after an ad plays. Seems to mostly be firefox users.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. give streamers an incentive to run ads instead of forcing a garbage system that will block important moments

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If a user watches 1000 30 second ads in a month, they would be able to redeem a free sub, and the user can add upmost 50 ads per day to that ad count and those ads need to count as 30 second ads. Or they could also do a seconds system. 10000 seconds in a month and get a free sub

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The size of a channel matters when you are looking to make ad revenue. Larger audiences are likely to have a larger number of potential ad viewers. Obviously, the sub/non-sub viewer ratio is important, but larger channels are likely to have a higher potential for ad revenue than smaller channels.

Scaling the time needed to disable pre-roll ads will encourage smaller channels to run ads. When pre-roll ads are disabled, there is a higher chance a new viewer will enter the channel potentially helping to grow that channel.

To "tag" along with the idea, add a tag under a preview…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For a lot of people the entire point of subscribing is to get ad free viewing, at the moment any time a multiplayer advertisement is shown subscribers have to watch it. Maybe let the subscribers opt into the ad instead of forcing them in?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As a streamer myself I understand that people like their own Twitch page to be theirs to control. A lot of people disable ads on their own channel and a lot will also run them willingly while streaming. Try giving more options we can opt into on our own channels. Without blocking our content at the same time, unless we choose to do so. Here's an idea or so:

• Brb ads
      (We already have, and do get used. Nice example to start)

• Lower thirds
      (Could allow us to set them to pop up as often as we like. Minimum of…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Esses anúncios obrigatórios que aparecem no meio dos videos dos Streamers é muito chato, não tem opção de deixar de ver. Isso é muito irritante, estou pensando seriamente em abandonar a TWITCH TV e ir para a Booyah, pois la não tem esse tipo de problema. Que coisa chata, irritante, não tem como sair desses anuncios irrelevantes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Not sure if I'm the only one who has this problem. I can't watch any stream that has adds enabled because the add freezes after 5 seconds and the timer doesn't update/go down. I restarted my pc but the problem remains (Using twitch for many years but never had this problem).

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?