Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. Why are their sex talk ads on twitch at 6pm aest. Definitely not an idea match for the time demographic or the platform. I understand you guys have given up on banning people who are just here to get money out of ***** games but ads for a sex talk audible thing doesn't fit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please let us see when ads are starting, without having to have the creator dashboard open, such as posting in chat as a bot when ads are live.

Would be nice if there was a way for Twitch to post when ads are starting in the chat, so that people who stream with a single monitor, (which is a lot of people still) would be able to see when ads are starting and ending.
    Plus viewers could see this too.

I have streamed for well over 3 years now, and due to disability and poverty, I can't afford anything, let…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to not run ads at all. I get that streamers get revenue, but its so small to me, that it doesn't really matter. I, like a few people I've interacted with, directly or indirectly, feel like the random roll of ads (sometimes a 3 minute ad will roll) deters new viewers from sticking around longer to find if they like the streamer. There are some people who just aren't "on" for the entire stream and it takes a good 2 minutes for an interesting topic to come up, but when you already say through ads, you decide…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'm sure that I'll get a form letter of some type for this submission.

It is well established that Ad Partners pay good money for running Ads on the Twitch platform.

It is also known that almost, and I mean almost, everyone hates ads. Even as a streamer, ads running cause a loss in viewers.

As of today, any time an ad runs, I will close Twitch and go watch something else, somewhere else. The ad will remind me of this new idea and eventually, I will simply just not open the webpage.

Thank you.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ads that arent loud, i have one pepsi ad (finnish one with anna abreu) where the ad starts with a loud bang/crackling sound

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove Neekolul from Amazon Music Advertisements and Twitch in general. I just received an ad on a Twitch channel for Amazon Music that had Neekolul promoting it. Why is she being given business opportunities by Twitch/Amazon? She was charged with Domestic Assault in 2018 (https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/abuser-playing-victim-neekolul-s-domestic-abuse-story-backfires). I don't even know why she is allowed to continue streaming. It seems like there are double standards.

I'd like a reply to this. PLEASE VOTE THIS TO GET THEIR AWARENESS

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Streamers who have tagged their channels as "family friendly" should be configured to block adult ads. In particular, ads promoting alcohol.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the Ad Scheduler (Until you have the ability to actually Manage Ads then this feature needs to be Renamed) there should be an option to choose which type of Ads your channel shows, ie Lower Thirds, pic-in-pic, display or audio.

For example most Broadcasters may actually be open to showing 22min/hour of ads (current max setting in scheduler) if those 3mins of ads every 8min on stream were lower thirds ads that didn't block access to viewing the stream or listening to its audio.

Then in the Scheduler which you could now call a Manager, show what the potential…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please give an option to block non-smoking ads. I quit smoking recently and seeing vapes every day when i try to watch twitch isnt helping. SeemsGood. The ads might be helpful for people thinking about quitting but are detrimental for those quitting.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Twitch frequently plays one ad more than it says it will (eg. plays 3 when the ad counter in the top right corner says 2).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I used to regularly receive an AIP offer every month, but I haven't had one for the last few months. I reached out to Twitch to see what was up but all I received back was a generic "You did not receive an offer this month, and unfortunately we can't tell you why. Maybe in the future you will blah blah blah". This generic response has to go in my opinion. Why is it all so cryptic? The AIP program is really important for staying as a full-time streamer so I think we need much more transparency.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Give us some sort of visual feedback if a message someone put was put while the are in an ad or not, I've posted something in chat so many times just as a ad has hit only to not hear a response so I sure its happened the other way around too, This would let us easily see who is watching an ad while chatting so we could delay our response to the point where they can hear it again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why am i getting a 30 second Amazon Music Ad re-playing for every single ad i get?
    Also why am i even getting ads while I'm subbed at all?
    I've tried it with out ad blocker and with ad blocker, same results.
    Except without it i get constant super intrusive ads floating over the stream screen blocking the content I'm trying to enjoy.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When collaborating with other streamers it would be great to be able to sync ad managers to run the ad spots at the same time on each stream so the streamers can plan the same breaks at the same time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. GET RID OF THE AD PROGRAM

ITS NOT USEFUL ITS LETTING STREAMERS LEAVE TWITCH FOR YOUTUBE AS YOUR PUTTING MONEY IN THE STREAMER HEAD LIKE THEY NEED TO RUN ADS LIKE 30MINS A MONTH THAT IS LIKE 8 ADS A HOUR FOR LIKE $3,500 A MONTH STOP DOING IT AND FOCUS ON THE REAL THING LIKE GAMING AS TWITCH IS A PLATFORM FOR GAMES AND NOT OF ADS AS IF PEOPLE WANT TO WATCH ADS TURN THE T.V ON THERE IS LOTS THERE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Give us the ability to view what ads our channel is likely to run and blacklist ones we don't want associated with our channel

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I supose thats this problem is only in my country. Im form Spain and today I saw several ads about a supposed NGO called Oxfam. This company has had legal problems for abuse, harassment and intimidation in the Congo.
    Everyone can make mistakes, but I don't want to see ads from companies asking people for money to help others and then sexually abusing the most vulnerable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This is my compromise as a streamer who hates ads with a passion.

This is a win for twitch and a win for the streamers.

Play ads continuously in the top right corner but without sound.

You can have McDonald's fly it's golden arches on stream and show people eating burgers without sound at all and it still portrays the message. Sound-free video ads.

This allows twitch to run commercials non-stop which lets you maximize on ad revenue for both the streamer and twitch. This is also a win for the streamers and the viewers because they don't have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If a scheduled ad is going to run right after a raid, there should be a way for Ad Manager to automatically delay the ad run by an amount of time (5-10 minutes), so the raiders have an opportunity to see the streamer before that ad break.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?