Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If you guys used the same logic for bounty board on ads you could have a much easier time getting us to run them. I used to make hundreds a month in 2011 from ads and now despite growing etc etc I only push viewers away spamming them for MAYBE a few bucks if I'm lucky.

Myself and many others would likely be more happy to run ads if we had a target goal of "ad hours per month" that based on our viewership could fluctuate but would generally give us a target.

Example: Currently I stream 5ish hours a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Wenn man jedem streamer nen sub gibt den man schaut ist man am Ende pleite, es verdient nicht jeder so viel. Und wenn ich alle 30min. Werbung an schauen muss verpasst man mind. Die Hälfte und die wichtigsten schlüsselszenen vom Stream. Da kann ich gleich zum normalen tv umschalten. Es werden sicher einige dadurch abspringen weil die keine **** auf Werbung haben. Wenn man nem stream joint ist es ok mal Werbung einzublenden, aber während dessen bitte nicht

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put it in the contract, that the streamer is obligated to play mid rolls every x hours, with a time window of 15 minutes to do so, but make it so, that all viewers see the ads at the same time. Just like on tv. The Streamer can plan and the viewers don't miss anything.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Turbo, although it supports streamers, does not offer many enticing incentives outside of an ad-free experience. A lot of people appear to get far more enjoyment out of subscribing to channels as it allows them to feel like they're a part of the community.

Prime was a nice solution, it used to have ad-free viewing, but it got ditched despite Prime costing more than Turbo. I believe that should be brought back.

Although I'm more of a fan of the idea of allowing people with multiple concurrent subscriptions offering an ad-free experience sitewide. This offers the chance to more directly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want to hear and see the thing thats going on live and on my phone it makes it a tiny little box with no sound

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. They killed the experience of finding new streams because as soon as I find a stream I'm instantly hit with 30second to 2mins of ads, only to be hit by them every few minutes, how am i supposed to enjoy a stream when I miss out on so much?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. If I'm switching between channels looking for a good stream, I have to sit through a minute-long ad each time. More often than not, this leads me to stop watching Twitch as I don't have the patience to sit through so many ads.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ad timing (when in a broadcast an ad is shown, plus for how long or for how many ads) is a largely "invisible" skill in traditional media, but an important one for managing the flow of content delivery that almost no streamers have. Twitch broadcasters lack dedicated producers for this purpose, and the current algorithms that automatically deliver ads account for at most the time since the last ads a user watched. This leads to ad delivery that often interrupts streams very badly.
    Twitch should develop more sophisticated algorithms that deliver ads at the least intrusive moments in streams. For…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I've noticed when some ads play they take over the screen and the stream is moved to be above the chat until the ad ends. I think this should be reversed. Ads should take up that space above chat and then disappear; or, perhaps, they appear in the corner of the stream. If this were done, of course, ads would likely have be silent -- and I doubt any user would be against that.
    Whatever the case, ads taking up the entirety of a livestream is just not acceptable and advertisers/Twitch need to figure out a better way to have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I do not like pre roll ads. It is annoying to me as a viewer and a streamer. If you insist on having ads, allow an opt in setting. While opting out disables ads permanently.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. So I was watching several channel by now, and I watched the ad that shows when I visit the channel. And then I tried to pause then start the stream to remove the delay after the ad and it gives me another ad not even 10 seconds after I watch the previous ad. It happened on Android app and website. I seriously just want to remove the delay especially on Android app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I have sound problems very often after ads. They play and afterwards the streamers sound is 90% noise. So I have to reload the page, have to watch another ad and hope that the sound is fixed. This is super annoying and sometimes I just quit the stream. I am happy if I can support twitch/streamers by watching ads but watching the same ad over and over again just to eventually fix the sound feels like a waste of time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Creo que poner anuncios a dia de hoy no es recomendable, porque en primer lugar molesta al tapar tanta imagen, en segundo lugar, fuerza las suscripciones, y en tercero, poner anuncios no genera lo suficiente en comparacion de lo molesto que es para los viewers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If you could get an extension for games with lobbies that would roll a 10-15 second ad in between the games (lobby) rather than playing the regular one over the stream. Obviously, the Affiliate or Partner would have to download the ones for the games they play, if they play without the extension, or don't have it when they play the regular ad rules would apply.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. These new pre-roll adds that fire when you switch channels (primarily the Travis Scott McDonald's one) always break the stream audio and video. Kind of a robot-voice/fast stuttering situation. It makes it completely unwatchable. It's easy enough to fix by refreshing but now that the adds play every time I watch a stream it's very annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Many advertisements have an extremely dangerous level of flashing lights, and all of them pop up without warning and they can and do trigger epileptic seizures as a result even in perfectly safe streams.
    This is an extreme concern for many people, including myself.
    There is a specific advertisement that has so much flashing it can trigger a seizure even for someone using medication because of it being so hazardous, that ad promotes audible.
    I tried reporting it to them for how dangerous it is but they do not accept feedback of a complaint category.

I would like to request…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Tie watching adds into the channel points people get to spend on channel rewards.

Allow them to watch x amount of adds whenever they want and give a bonus reward to whoever's channel they are watching.

This will help you with your ad issues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Literally just stop doing it, it's terrible. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I wanted to give some feedback on the new ad experience. There is an audio bug that resets the volume to maximum after setting it to a predefined setting. So I turn it down during one ad then the next ad sets volume to max and screams at me. Using Microsoft Edge (Chromium), Windows 10 Pro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?