Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I’m native Japanese speaker, and like to watch English streams. I watched some streamers who have many fans, so I know that they have put command in Nightbot about language spoken in chat. They ask chat to speak English.
    I can understand why they asking that. Various languages spoken in chat which they can’t understand may bother them.
    So the mods usually delete the messages which are not English whatever the messages mean. Even the messages are not bad comment, it get deleted because the mods don’t care what it means. One English comment said “not English comments are same…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You are able to delete whispers on twitch website but not mobile app. This needs to be an option for the app as well.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. For example: After cheering 1000 bits, a user has the option to show a 1 bit, 100 bits or 1000 bits badge.

Similarly, if possible, it would be great if something similar could be done with sub badges. This would mainly be for color-matching purposes with other badges and/or the nick color.

The hover-over could still show the total amount of subbed months as it does now.

As for the customization menu: this could possibly be combined with other suggestions to allow people to choose to show their Founder badge, on a per-channel basis.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Some streamers have so much flooding/spam/trash in their chat that it slows down the browser and computer to the point it freezes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I am seeing, Bot Follows, Bot Hosts and Bot Viewers. I really don't care about the Bot - Viewers - but the Follows and Hosts are creating false hopes and damaging the New Streamer vibe for those wanting to acquire new viewers with their talent/personality/gaming etc. I think some or maybe more of us would Agree that this would be great if we could reduce the number of bots by implementing some sort of identifier or a bot blocker that could be added to ones streams/channel.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. As a member of the LGBTQA+ community, I feel it’s needed that you update the LGBTQA+ emotes, as for the lesbian flag needs to be changed to the new lesbian flag, and more flags need to be added, such as the Omni flag, poly flag, Demiboy flag, Demigirl flag, Demi ****** flag, agender flag, genderqueer flag, and many more

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. While I really like the Chat Replies, I think that I agree with the comments in https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310201-chat-messaging/suggestions/41117761-ability-to-turn-off-chat-reply-threads-feature saying that it can become really confusing and hard to moderate.

I think that in addition to that feature, there should be another option to limit Chat Replies to only the streamer / moderators as this would be extremely valuable in cases where there are Q&A sessions or where streamers want their moderation team to collate responses and maintain context of the response.

Thanks again, Twitch Team!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Deafult channel points reward that gives you the power of posting a texted message while the chat is in emote-only chat.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Example: If I am in a channel and then move from desktop to phone app after loading channel in the phone app I am presented with a fresh clear chat. The feature that could be added is where even if I move from desktop to phone app and still going back to the channel. I should be able to see all the conversations and chat logs that occurred during the move from desktop to phone app.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring it back but put the desision in the streamer if they want it or not

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. It's great that we have a chat which replays in time with our videos, and it's also good that we can directly export to YouTube any of our videos...

It would be REALLY great if those two were combined and the "live chat" record of YouTube videos could be populated with the chat from the stream.

I have videos where an entire conversation with my viewers is had, but the chat record didn't display on stream (OBS Chatboxes glitch sometimes,) and when I export it to YouTube the whole video makes NO SENSE.

The only alternative I currently have is…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Yo envio mensajes y veo como se mandan pero el streamer no puede leerlos y es frustante

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The whisper system in Twitch chat is unfortunately not without some issues. I frequently whisper friends on Twitch and when the number of messages becomes more that one or two, the system gets buggy. It will randomly scroll you back to messages that had been sent sometime in the past. It will stop you from sending messages. It has on occasion, sent a message and then not posted, or posted it at some other random interval. On occasion, a msg from before will resend itself. These issues cause a great deal of frustration and confusion. While discussing it with a…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When a user is banned, currently they can still follow the channel. Some trolls use this to get past mods who are removing game spoilers from the chat by following, as this often brings up alerts and non deletable messages in the chat with the spoiler. A example of this has been seen often in The Last of Us 2 streams where they spoil the ending. This has happened repeatedly on a stream I moderate, and across multiple others, pre-emptive banning to try and stop them does nothing to stop them following.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple chat channels would be cool. Especially for chats with bot commands. Being able to have a channel specifically for bot commands and another for the actual chat would be great.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The ability to delete messages on mobile as a mod

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. i was watching a russian streamer and enjoying the stream but without understanding the language or interact with him in the chat or with the other viewers, So it came this idea to my mind: what if twitch's developers start working on a pluging where it let type for example in english and it translate it automatically to the language you want to translate to in matter of seconds + they need to add an automated captions at the bottom of the screen and it doesn't need to be grammarly perfect and every word the streamer say it needs to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Having to open the user list to see how many mods are there—digitally if not mentally—all the time is way too much hassle.

Can’t we show channel staff (not regular users because of privacy) a number for the passive mods and active mods so people know whether to ask more to come by and keep things cordial?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?