Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

975 results found

1. Chat registers as an overlay (like YouTube) on the screen rather than making the stream a smaller size.
    When viewing YouTube streaming, I find myself leaving chat on as it doesn’t affect the overall stream viewing as much as on twitch where the viewing screen adjusts to smaller size to accommodate chat. I typically leave chat off with twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

2. It would be greatly appreciated if we would have the feature to have a /whisper command in chat. And the user would see the whisper message in-chat.
    The command would be in this type of format: /whisper [username] [context]

And if this feature is accepted. I would love to see a command for mods too. Only mods and the streamer itself would see the whisper in the chat and no one else.
    The format would be: /whispermods [context].

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am speaking with viewers in my chat. 3 of them but chat count is stuck at 1 for up to an hour or when I have more viewers. A more accurate count would be awesome.
    Yes I know it doesn't count bot or viewers who have the stream muted. These are viewers who are listening and responding in chat and the chat still said 1.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Usually in the stream description you can see a plenty of commands like !rules !sabathon !youtube !gift !drops !tg !etc
    The idea is to give streamers the feature there they will register such commands with its brief description.
    And when chat user starts message with "!" symbol, a suggestions will appear.
    Similar to mods commands starting with "/".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I get it We Love our big streamers and partnered people.

That Hype Chat should be focused on our small streamers who are working day in they out to get partnered etc. it's a good incentive for them.

Some of these smaller streamers are creating amazing content and for some reason, it's always the bigger one getting promoted.

The Hype Chat should also have better integration with the other products.

Let the viewers have control over how much they want to give. it doesn't make sense that the streamers can set a minimum for this feature.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pause on mouse hover is a superb tool for moderation as it let you click the right moderation buttons to delete/timeout/ban the right person instead of clicking someone else on chat message pushing.
    But it has ONE weird detail, the popup letting you know chat is paused prevents almost any interaction and certainly reading the last comment as it is below the popup and i find myself normally trying to quickly delete or react to messages usually ending up there in that position and having to scroll the chat to do so.
    The solutions i think it would fix this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It's not practical to use Chat Highlights when you stream and moderate for a streamer. There's a lot of highlights that are interesting for my channel, but less so when I moderate for another streamer, and it's currently not possible to set different parameters for these channels, they are global for any channels.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm requesting this as a Linux streamer since I use Steam Overlay to see the chat as there is no maintained apps for seeing the chat if you have one screen. The Stream Chat top bar cannot be hidden and is unnecessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sería idea poder tener la opción de crear listas con saltos de línea dentro del chat para algunos comandos del canal, de tipo.

• Texto 1
    • Texto 2
    • Texto 3

Hasta el momento no he encontrado nada similar a eso.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow streamers to make a poll ranked-choice, allowing viewers to order the options instead of for one option. This not only will allow streamer to better gauge viewer opinions, but can also allows viewers to not be so split when they don't actually feel split.
    Commands still work, a new command for polling with this can be made. For voting, instead of /vote 3, you can do /vote 3 1 2 4.
    Boosting votes also works as it does now.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. me han hackeado y han enviado links que te mandan a una pagina de regalos en cs:go que te pone a iniciar secion en steam para que te los den a gente random.
    esto ha pasado el 21/5/2023

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hype chat price per second should be determined by the streamer or atleast it should be affected by viewer count somehow. It's pointless to have same 1 second price if you have 100 viewers or 10000 viewers.

As a small streamer it would be better to let people have their messages shown longer with less money. It would make the hype chat more attractive in small communities.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am trying to select emojis when the chatbox is open and everytime i select emojis when the chat box is open the emoji box keeps on moving can you fix this so the chat box is static and does not move while new chats are moving. it is very annoying it shouldn't be a game or a problem to select emojis and the chat shouldn't make the chat box move. Thank you very much

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. While Superchat is available for Partners for the moment, I would LOVE to have this as a feature for Twitch Affiliates. I believe giving streamers more options to make money using different features and making them available to others to utilize is more of a pro than a con.

I'll be happy to help experiment this feature. It's just too good to pass up.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please stop imposing a time limit on how often Mods can post /shoutouts. The musician I mod for often gets 2 or more fellow streamers joining his stream at the same time and he expects his mods to give shoutouts to all of them, ASAP. For the past few months, after I post the first shoutout, when I try to post the shoutout for the second streamer, it will not go through and I get a time-out notice telling me I have to wait another 30 seconds, or 9 seconds, etc., whatever, before I am permitted to give another shoutout.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Добрый день, хотел бы предложить и продать свою идею системы лайков сообщений в чате. Эта функция могла бы привнести актуальный функционал в привычный чат трансляции.
    Система подразумевает возможность ставить отметки лайк понравившемуся сообщению в чате, один раз от одного пользователя. После чего у отмеченного сообщения начинает копиться счетчик отметок "Лайк". Первая отметка закрепляет сообщение внизу чата на 10 секунд, после чего каждая новая отметка продлевает время закрепления на 5 секунд. Подразумевается функция удаления закрепленного сообщения у ведущего стрима. Идея системы в том, чтобы появилась коллективная возможность выводить наиболее интересные сообщения из чата в "закреп", чтобы ведущий стрима мог не пропускать…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Often I see someone's chat message and I just want to react with an emoji/emote, but replying and tagging the user with just an emote isn't really the same and can get spammy, especially with multiple reactions from different people. This is DEEPLY ingrained in Discord culture, and seeing your message get several reactions is quite rewarding.

Attaching the reaction to the chat message would increase engagement and decrease spam. It would also increase the value of unique channel emotes by adding new contexts for their use.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The little arrow icon to hide chat does not appear during Command Center or Squad stream but only appears after I delete some HTML after I inspect the chat box on the web. Not sure if bug or not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. While it's possible to display rules to new chatters, these sometimes change. And I'd like to be able to have a !rules command to display the present rules to chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. You can aktivate the mode direktly there where you type your message in.
    Now if you speak all that you are saying turns into text for the chat.
    We got the idea toghether from GTimeTV: https://www.twitch.tv/gtimetv

Commands:

Commands are actions that you are saying and something than happens.

• Start: Start the speech to text.
    • Stop: Stop the speech to text.
    • Send: Send the text to the chat.
    • Clear: Clear your text.

IMPORTANT! The command will only be executed if you don't say the word in one sentence!

For example:
    If you say "please stop it" nothing happens.

But if you…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?