Chat/Messaging

1. loosen up a little

I'm objecting to the "No Complaining" rule on the Rifftrax chat. What's that about? It's a form of free speech; as long as nobody's promoting dangerous and/or illegal behavior, what's wrong with a little griping? It's a good way to relieve stress.
    Also, could some of the moderators ease up a bit? Honestly, you'd think they'd never heard of sarcasm before.
    I don't mind having rules, it keeps out trolls and other bad types, but come on....

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recent chat history

As a few channels moderator, if i need to refresh the page i'll loose all the chat messages. It would be great to reload lastest messages at least for mods and channels owners after refreshing

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. closed room with access to invite

closed room with access to invite, there are already rooms for subscribers, and moderators, but I want to be able to make a channel, or several, closed ones, and invite people there, by invites
    PS for example for games like mafia where every group has its own channels, for communication at night

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. use notice for bots or for all users

use notice for bots or for all users, it would not be bad, because sometimes people triggers a bot and thereby flood the chat, adding standard functionality IRC would fix this problem, and it would add to bots more opportunities to notify users of something without showing the rest any messages

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add the ability to embed a specific chat room

Right now you can only embed the stream chat, it would be great to be able to embed a specific chat room.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. New Chat Mode Concept - Gaming Team Subscribers Only

I’ve had this idea in my mind for a while now, and I really felt like sharing it with you. Imagine I’m subscribed to a specific stream, I for example now choosing TSM_Daequan the fortnite streamer. So this guy is a steamer for tsm, such as many other popular streamers like Myth tor Hamlinz. So my idea is a new chat mode, that allows your own subs AND subs of your gaming team streamers to talk in chat. This could be a pretty relevant mode, and will increase the cooperation between twitch streamers. For example, if I was just watching…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add option to close chat on mobile

Because it's only available on PC and sometimes I prefer to close it when watching certain channels.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Rework/redesign Chatter List with options of what to show/not show.

With recent outcries against the innocuous "lurk bots" being seen in the chatter list I had the thought that it may be time to rework the list functionality a bit and provide some options to the broadcaster of what is shown in that list.

This would help the broadcaster (and others looking at the list) to see what they want to see, without unnecessary information that may not be helpful overall.

I suggest the following changes:
    * Full rework of the list in functionality and use.
    * Offer options in settings on the type of data that is displayed.
    *…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Limiting participation in chat based on account creation date

To help reduce the blatant and increasing violations of the harassment policy on Twitch, you should implement a new feature that allows a channel to prevent users from participating in their chat if the account is under a certain age, which could be specified specified by the channel.

Currently, it's easy for a user to create temporary email and Twitch accounts and harass a live streaming account under the guise of anonymity. This would add a much needed barrier to entry without requiring a user to follow or subscribe to be apart of a channel. The code currently exists for…

57 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ban from Viewer list

make it so when an account is banned from a stream it stays banned in viewer list too. As a mod for a streamer, they get uncomfortable knowing said person they banned is in viewer list, and the bot running on viewer list for commands keep saying their name.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Temporarly disable follower only chat mode during raids.

It would be nice to have an option to temporarily disable follower only chat mode during a raid from another channel, with an option to set how many minutes follower only would be disabled. Or have twitch chat recognize who came over from the raid, and allow them to chat despite follower only mode being active.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Block users in VOD chat

Currently, you cannot enable chat on videos if you don't want to see some really undesirable comments. We need a way to block users in VODs or just by going to their profile.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to clear chat automatically once it reaches the bottom..

On smaller channels, it is often not a problem reading chat and it in fact works quite well. However, when you tend to watch very popular streamers, it can become a struggle reading chat. I therefore propose the idea of integrating an option to clear chat automatically every time it reaches the bottom of the side bar. This way your eyes can read the chat very easily, since it will be stationary and not getting pushed around by the incoming messages. Would be very easy to program and would highly enhance the watching experience.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make full screen mode with chat hidden not log out you out of chat completely

Yeah for some reason you thought logging you out of chat during full screen mode (with chat hidden) is a good idea. Well, you miss every message written during the time you were in full screen.
    It just shows you the "logging you in to chat" message when you turn full screen off and shows nothing written during that time.
    And I don't want the chat showing in full screen mode, because it limits the stream screen size.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show streamer/mods passive and active mods present

Having to open the user list to see how many mods are there—digitally if not mentally—all the time is way too much hassle.

Can’t we show channel staff (not regular users because of privacy) a number for the passive mods and active mods so people know whether to ask more to come by and keep things cordial?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Extended Moderatortools

I need buttons before the name with not only 10min timeout but also 1sec (just for deleting message) and 1day time-out etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. User Images in IRC chat

Adding User images in IRC chat and allowing a setting to disable feature (compact mode) Bringing the IRC chat to a more modern UI, also having the image URL in the IRC object would allow for chat bots to not have to make API calls just to get the user images and cut down on requests or channels that have over 100 viewers, Each api request is 100 user capped so if a channel has 1000+ users it is a lot of strain on the application and API for anyone attempting gather user images through API calls

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Chats activity shown on VOD's timelines.

Everytime something funny or cool happens on the stream, chat goes crazy with emotes/messages. Usually bigger streamers stream for 4-8h, so it's hard to find time to watch the whole VOD. I think it would be a good idea to show chats activity on the VOD's timeline, so you could quickly check best moments of the stream, without spending majority of your day watching it. For example it could be represented with bars like music on soundcloud or somethinng like this.
    Thanks for reading, hope it havent been suggested yet.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Replace (common) shorturls with their full URL or just ban them to fight abuse

Please add an opt-in or opt-out feature (preferably the latter) that will detect common shorturls like bit.ly, tinyurl.com, etc and either replace them with the full URL they link to or just give the user an error message saying obfuscating shorturls aren’t allowed.

Right now, there’s a well-known issue of people posting malicious URLs with scams, IP loggers, and just self-promotional crap.

I don’t know how much Twitch does to blacklist malicious URLs, but an option to ban seemingly normal shorturls would be a big help and make it a lot harder for scammers and self-promoters.

This is what I…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to disable chat on iOS.

Chat causes lag on my old iPad, did not have this problem in old version of twitch app. Please give the option to turn off chat not just minimise it.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Chat/Messaging

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base