Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

970 results found

1. Com essa atualização percebi que não posso copiar as frases no chat no tradutor. Estou chateada, pois não sou fluente em inglês e espanhol ou outras línguas. Antes eu podia fazer isso no chat. Por favor voltem como antes para podermos desfrutar melhor do Twitch. Gosto muito da plataforma. Agradeço.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

Could you please clarify regarding the update? Was it an update on the mobile app? Thank you.

2. So after years of chatting to others in whispers with no complaints Twitch is now trying to make me verify my account for some strange reason which I will not do as you have not proven yourself safe with personal data and I also do not wish to give you my phone number etc. This is a gross overstep for little gain as people who want to contact people in whispers to be awful or create fake accounts can just create new accounts with fake numbers or some such not to mention phone numbers that are not accepted by twitch…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Recently, we have often heard of cases where hyperlinks have been used in malicious attacks, such as account hijacking as a result of accessing a hyperlink, or inducing a ban by reporting using a clip URL with a thumbnail.

While we streamers must continue to gather information and work hard to ensure security and safe distribution, there is a limit to what we can do as individuals, and the tactics of the malicious are constantly evolving.

Hyperlinks are also a factor to be aware of, as they often lead to unintended content, dissemination of inappropriate content, and other violations of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I'm actively in a conversation with @cherry123 it would be nice if "@ch<tab>" would auto-complete to that user instead of @cheeseball99 who hasn't sent a chat line in the past 2 hours.

@user<tab> auto-completion should yield the most recent chatter with that matching username prefix.

This handy thing would be easy to implement in the client: Instead of the auto-completion list actively getting sorted alphabetically, simply sort by moving each chatter to the top of the list upon each chat line they send.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adding new features that punish backseating is shortsighted and ignores that many users simply don't know better yet and would behave differently if they knew. A non-punitive, private reminder popup about backseating should be issuable to individual chat users or to the entire chat as a reminder. To describe the rationale more fully, here's a breakdown of the problem and a proposed solution.

Problems:

1- Many users don't know what backseating is, or do not completely know every behavior the term covers. Many users simply engage the chat and only discover later that what they said constitutes a backseating problem.…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Moments is a feature that Twitch released as a Beta to a handful of creators. Whenever something cool happened in your stream, you could give out a "Moment" to those who were there to witness it. Twitch just announced they are discontinuing it as of October. I'm writing this to ask you to reconsider.

The Moment was a clip that was created when you gave the command, and allowed for some minor editing. Anyone who claimed the moment would also receive a badge, and the more moments you claimed, the more your badge evolved over time. You could even click…

4,288 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding an restrict command to mobile applications for more ease for mobile users
    Please make moderating easier for mobile users

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Many streamers have their bots use emotes. Currently the streamer needs to gift their bot a subscription in order to do this. However, this seems wasteful and unnecessary since the bot isn't using any video bandwidth and therefore causes limited costs to Twitch.

Twitch should give emote access to all known bots, and for bots that use custom accounts (such as MixItUp bot) allow the account holder to mark those accounts as a bot (with Twitch regulating this by only allowing those "bot" accounts to view chat and prevent those "bot" accounts viewing the actual video content of streams so…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I hope that the chat box can jump out of the chat rules every time. In addition to avoiding inappropriate remarks at the first time, it can also prevent people from forgetting the rules of introducing their live hosts below.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add chat on Twitch app on Nintendo Switch consoles consoles to be able to communicate with live streamers and other people on chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make daily, weekly, monthly and permanent usernames appear with animated bar to benefit the creator and followers

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Can you please clarify this request? Sorry, but we weren't able to figure out what it meant. Please provide a bit more detail. Thank you.

13. Can we donate to the users in chat like we donate to the streamers ? for example when we click on any user we want to donate ( he activate his paypal or streamlabs in his twitch settings and already connected ) , just like user card next to " gift a sub " shows "donate" , click on donate button then shows the amount how much we can donate or make it specific , then donate to him and shows in chat that " user " has donated to " user " " amount " , also the donator…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hype chat, like most twitch ideas is astonishingly awful. It will serve the singular purpose of enabling the most unwanted messages, by the most unwanted viewers to be completely unavoidable thereby handing them the elevated levels of attention and annoyance they have always desired. Please put in an option to block and not see these messages … ever. I understand Twitch wants and may even need to make more money but, who in their right mind would want to stare at messages by the most pathetic among us? I’m not saying to get rid of it. I’m just asking for…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I am a recent sub to Turbo and notice that the chat turbo icon/id isn't the default when in a chat stream. I have to manually set it for each stream I visit. Is there a way to make it a cross stream default

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Chat registers as an overlay (like YouTube) on the screen rather than making the stream a smaller size.
    When viewing YouTube streaming, I find myself leaving chat on as it doesn’t affect the overall stream viewing as much as on twitch where the viewing screen adjusts to smaller size to accommodate chat. I typically leave chat off with twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

17. It would be greatly appreciated if we would have the feature to have a /whisper command in chat. And the user would see the whisper message in-chat.
    The command would be in this type of format: /whisper [username] [context]

And if this feature is accepted. I would love to see a command for mods too. Only mods and the streamer itself would see the whisper in the chat and no one else.
    The format would be: /whispermods [context].

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am speaking with viewers in my chat. 3 of them but chat count is stuck at 1 for up to an hour or when I have more viewers. A more accurate count would be awesome.
    Yes I know it doesn't count bot or viewers who have the stream muted. These are viewers who are listening and responding in chat and the chat still said 1.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Usually in the stream description you can see a plenty of commands like !rules !sabathon !youtube !gift !drops !tg !etc
    The idea is to give streamers the feature there they will register such commands with its brief description.
    And when chat user starts message with "!" symbol, a suggestions will appear.
    Similar to mods commands starting with "/".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I get it We Love our big streamers and partnered people.

That Hype Chat should be focused on our small streamers who are working day in they out to get partnered etc. it's a good incentive for them.

Some of these smaller streamers are creating amazing content and for some reason, it's always the bigger one getting promoted.

The Hype Chat should also have better integration with the other products.

Let the viewers have control over how much they want to give. it doesn't make sense that the streamers can set a minimum for this feature.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 48 49
  • Don't see your idea?