Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1133 results found

1. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. You are experiencing a backlash regarding your nonsensical attire rules because you are so out of touch. Drop them, modern platforms must be the bastions of free expression and not support outrageous suppression of expression.

The only restriction necessary to comply with general law is that no one under the age of 18 is allowed to expose themselves in a ****** manner. You might try to restrict content to underage users but frankly, those users interested in such content will get it and it will not appeal to those not interested. Those interested in such content are merely expressing their…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Is playing a live youtube feed directly via youtube or with a "bot" in "Discord" considered as pre-recorded/copyright as well? Or using in-game music, because you did pay for the game and all it's content.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Twitch should remove game categories where the game doesn't have a license that explicitly allow streaming of all assets (including in-game music).

This will make it much easier for streamers to know if a game is safe for streaming and put pressure on the game creators and publishers to have such a license.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It seems that the motivation behind the RIAA et al. sending these notices is that they think people are going to watch these streams to listen to music, instead of buying it or listening to it on existing music streaming services. Which is obviously silly, but it made me think that linking back to the official license holder's store or a way to purchase/listen to their music as it comes up in a stream may pacify them. So people who take this option when streaming would be allowed to play music as long as links came automatically in chat, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To assist manual reviewing of Clips by reducing their total number, a filter that selects just Clips below a specified view threshold for their subsequent select-all and delete-all.

Apologies if this already exists - I wouldn't know bcs I'm an editor, not a streamer (but I did upvote the idea that suggested editors should manage Clips on behalf of streamers).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. if twitch had tools to promote the music on stream with links to the music well that would be better. Games that have copyright music in it could be listed on the twitch platform & the streamer could use the game tag so all the songs from the game is listed on the stream to buy.

with the case of the music getting pirated well artist and music companies ect will still at least get some of the revenue and the streamer could promote it more in their stream, the bigger the streamer, the more it sells. no need to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I stream my own music, 100% created by me. Many times, this includes improvised material created on the spot - so it would never be trackable via any digital rights system. Twitch gives no guidelines about this, but should call out specific rules to be sure artists like myself are not wrongly accused of a violation.

I am an ASCAP member of 30+ years, but that does nothing to help me in these cases. Material created in an improv context can not go through the same checks and balances as pre-recorded material released via album or download. Twitch needs to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. simple as subject says, its suggestion, idea, i am not lawyer, I do not know how easy, hard is that for you, but this is not just attack on streamers, with dmca strikes, deletetion of vods, clips, your site is on the attack, and people who are doing it do not even understand value of your site, that it is not music that people are listening, but rather they are watching games and having some atmosphere in background. You need to stand to them, with streamers, with lawyers, get to agreement with music industry.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This could be an idea to utilize for current Partner and Affiliate Streamers in risk or in potential risk of DMCA. Whenever you load up any media sharing application on Discord, you have the option to share your screen; in this you can show anyone what is happening on your screen with your audio. For other streamed applications that are restricted for sharing in Discord's system like Netflix and Prime Video ( To say a few). This restriction doesn't allow visuals (not audio) in which you can only hear the video audio and your friends talking in a group chat.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A button you press in Twitch Dashboard when you are offline that makes it so that you enter the testing mode. In testing mode, you can see your stream as if someone else was but without actually going live to the public. To show that you are in testing mode all the Twitch stats Will change to say "Testing mode". You will be able to see bitrate stats and change how your channel looks. It would also be cool if you could get a shareable link that you could give to your friend so that he can see what it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A hot issue recently has been several Twitch streamers being DMCA struck for music they play while streaming.

I propose making a Twitch extension that would allow streamers to play their music of choise using Amazon Music and for the viewers who have an Amazon Music subscription to be able to link it to Twitch and use it to listen to what is being played, somewhat similarly to Watch Parties.

I believe this will both help solve the issue of streamers getting DMCA struck for playing copyrighted songs and encourage viewers to use the Amazon Music service.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There is no section for me to put the link to the Copyright Free Music link in the appeal as evidence to fight against wrongful muting. I feel like this should be integral.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I heard at Twitchcon last year that there will be full support in the art field.

I want to draw with adult content, but I can't. There is no adult authentication system.

I just waited because I believed you'll improve it

So was there any improvement? no

As time goes by, the standards of adult content become more stringent.

If I draw a nude model right now, You guys will stop my broadcast

I want more free art activities. That is why we require an adult authentication system.

If not, I hope you improve it soon

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sufrí la expulsión de un Chat al que frecuento y el moderador me dijo no fue él sino algo que hizo Twitch. Escribí la palabra"Negril" que es una playa que está en Jamaica. Negro tiene muchos significados, es un color, es un apellido, y también puede ser una palabra racista por supuesto así que traten de ajustar el robot para que vea el contexto.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Recently I was botted with 4.4k bots following my account. Now, I have a new idea to have a follower cap set by the creator, or a setting to require the creator or a moderator to allow you to follow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As shown in this image

https://imgur.com/a/wpcMohm

Twitch is not word wrapping the message a moderator leaves for the viewer correctly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. a viewer that me and my partner in streaming (Ryuu101) share has multiple accounts, more than 13 and they keep on being toxic, and no matter how many times we ban or time them out they keep coming back. it isn't an issue with me, but they are stressing Ryuu101 out, and i don't like seeing people doing this kind of stuff to other people so something needs to be done, or at least a professional can tell her what she needs to do. they go by many names, but the main two are randomidiot, and Fo1x123452. the fox account…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow streamers to set a default VOD description which would be automatically added to any new VODs created. It might include things such as credits for creative commons content they use, etc. so they can avoid DMCA strikes twitch seems intent on holding us responsible for and include stuff like their social links and other info.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The ToS says that you can't endanger yourself or break the law or consume illicit drugs, as marijuana has become legal in many states and legal medically in many more it seems obvious that accounts promoting safe consumption, creation, and general education about marijuana should be allowed and appreciated as opposed to banned as if they were promoting illegal behavior. There is a lot of this content on youtube already and it could exist here on twitch in a live format that would allow people to ask questions and actually get a response in real time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?