Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. For the protection of streamers and to ease the duty of mods, it would be helpful to have some type of account grading system in place. For instance, users who have a history of being banned from channels will have a particular account grade assigned to their account.

This account grade will be viewable when a user in chat and/or a mod clicks their user name in chat.

For example, let's use account grades A-F.

Of course a healthy account that hasn't received any account bans from any channels throughout the entire Twitch platform will receive an A grade.

Accounts…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be good to have an option of a 'sort by' on the lists of "Username", "Added by" and "Time Banned".

When you go to your "Banned Users" list (Dashboard > Preferences > Moderation > Banned Chatters) the bans are in a totally random order. This makes it harder to sort out the list.

This will make it much easier to find a banned user, sort out your moderator team and see when you have the most bans, etc.

Thank you for reading and I hope this feature can be added, to give us streamers more flexibility.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hosts do not show up in mod view activity feed despite there being a checkbox to enable/disable them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ich fände es sehr gut wenn man leute die nur am trollen sind komplett bannen könnte... so das sie überhauptnicht mehr auf den stream zugreifen können

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bot's and fake viewer's/People in My Live Stream it needs to stop I am very sick of it for when I see 1 or 2 viewer's I will be so fast to say this" Hi to my 1 or 2 or how ever many (ect). Plus I will also say and always ask" How are you and How is your lovey day going today." (The reason I am very mad about this that when I say and ask my viewer's IN MY STREAM NOTHING IS SAID OR ANYTHING BECAUSE IN MY LIVE STREAM BIO I HAVE IT WHERE IT SAYS…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Game directories, e.g. https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/VALORANT on the website should not include channels that you blocked. This already works on mobile but not on the website.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. . Commenting Anti Abuse

-channel owner MAC Blocking controls
    : platforms should allow channel owners to have controls, where thy can see username to MAC address allowing them to block/unblock accounts-MAC Pairs.

-Protected Chat
    Channel who opt-in to have their chat protected,will have the controls to approve/revoke the user-MAC Pair globally and the platform would remember the decisions, so channel owners wouldn’t have to approved after each stream.

-Highlight Known Banned Accounts
    Accounts who have been allowed back from a previous Platform ban or who have been channel banned from another channel should be highlighted in the chat for a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Recently there was a change in the permaban system so when you permaban a person he can't see chat anymore. I understand that this is added to prevent harassment and stalking, but I think it's not fair, what does his typing something bad in chat has with his reading the chat? If he violated rules by typing something inappropriate, I just ban him from typing, that's only fair, but I don't want to ban him from reading. It's not only unfair but also encourages people to create alternative accounts to be able to read chat again while they could stay…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a set cooldown from following to unfollowing as it sucks when someone follows to only get noticed by the streamer and thanked to then immediatly unfollow. People do this often on my stream, they follow me, I say thanks and a few moments later then unfollow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make automod phrases to work only, when the channel is online or offline or both. (Add a checkbox next to the phrases)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ignoring users can be very useful to remove negativity from your chat experience. Right now, it is not possible in chats you moderate. Surely it is your task to see negative things and remove them, but sometimes there are people, who are not an issue for chat in general, but for you personally. It would be great to have a switch or command (e.g. /fullignore) to remove these users from your chatting experience once and for all. This could then also remove them from being listed as recommended stream and similar situations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Instead allow mods to ban for 24hours
    Only the broadcaster can permanently ban users

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A system where trolls / generally harmful viewers get negative karma when they are timeout, kicked or banned from channels. And some positive karma gaining system for viewers who follow guidelines. And then something for streamers to limit bad karma accounts harassing them. IMO could be very useful. Thoughts?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I noticed recently that Autohost no longer works to host channels or teams that you have setup on your channel, why would you disable this from working? What purpose does this serve when people want auto-host to broadcast other streamers when offline? Literally nobody asked for auto-host to be disabled across the platform entirely.

When I go offline I would expect auto-host to pick from the team or list of other streamers to auto-host from, instead what I find is that no channel gets auto-hosted now, so you're pretty much having to manual host channels now. This needs to be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Edit the effect of Timeouts for members with Editor role to be similar to members with VIP role.

Timing out Editors removes their editor role, and the Streamer has to assign it again. It's similar to when a Streamer times out a Mod and they lose the Mod role. We ask that the Streamer have the only power to remove the Editor role, not by a simple timeout

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please make a chat filter which allows you to ban users with brand new accounts or accounts that are X days/hours/weeks old (give the streamer a choice.) It will prevent people from harassing streamers who just make new accounts after they've been banned and continue to harass.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There is already a suggestion to ban the word r*tard. I'd like to expand on that suggestion, however. Thinking objectively, there are many words and phrases that are technically against TOS for the same reason, yet they are still commonly used.

I am NOT insisting that all these words and phrases be barred from use. I am saying their regulation should be considered. Either that or their use should be explicitly permitted in TOS. The current situation does nothing to protect the streamers who could, at Twitch's discretion, be punished for using these words and it does nothing to protect…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. There's no clear way to report an offensive twitch team name

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. If someone is banned from a channel (not blocked) they should not be able to follow the channel. This should help limit the amount of bot spam and harassment attacks by making bad actors not be able trigger alerts or flood channels with follow bots.

Another option would be to have an option to block banned channels automatically and having ban apeals as a separate form rather than just messaging the channel.

It is beyond frustrating to get 20+ bots follow you in half an hour each with a simular name, some with blantant slurs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Could you have the ability to list the bots (Streamer approved bot list) that are allowed to be in that streamer's channel and then for all other bot account to be auto ban the moment they start watching.

As a mod I have been using https://twitchinsights.net/bots to check if accounts are bots and then banning any that show up as bots before they talk in chat. The Hoss bot is just creating so many account it disrupting many streams now.

Also could you have another setting to alow streams to chose to have any account that is watching more than…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?