Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1136 results found

1. listen this isnt an idea but more of a request could we stop and think maybe female streamers are just a bit too much for example itspinkie like why is she putting her mic on her privates so people can hear her **** and the fact shes partnered its shocking my channel is very small i get at least 3- 5 viewers and im a furry the lowest of the low the kind that people frown at when they see but i at least show some moral restraint when talking to my viewers i hate the fact that most women…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. So when I am streaming music from and channel titled... wait for it... NOCOPYRIGHTSOUNDS, why the **** does every single one of my streams have at least 4 muted segments???

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Asmr and cosplays should have mature audience warning or enter age to view stream. Most of the Asmr sessions and cosplays are adult oriented not suitable for children to view. Some Asmr sessions are ****** noises and cosplays are usually nudity. Also helps to put a mature warning on there channel. Like NC-17 or Rated R. Enter with caution.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the ability to report predictions that violate the Terms of Service, like you can already do with Polls.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When viewing the viewers log in chat you can see bots like Streamlabs and any other source you have a purpose for. However there are fake accounts that sit in the chat room that are not real viewers. Should be able to flag them for review and have them deleted.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I see a lot of affiliated and partnered streamers using characters from licensed works without permission as their emotes. Emotes should be regulated the same way as anything else – if you don't have permission from the original creator, you can't use it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. During the town hall the coo mentioned that Twitch didn't want to assume identity. The N word hard R is is a slur and should not be allowed to be sent through chat under any circumstances. It is hate speech. N word with the a used on stream amongst Black individuals is in no way the same as saying N hard R in chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Twitch should implement better reporting tools, starting with no longer requiring you to either report from within your channel or from their channel. For example, if reporting due to behaviors off-platform or reporting off-stream after gathering information to make the report rather than interrupt the flow of your own content, it's a bad experience to have to go their channel. If the person being reported is a streamer themselves, then that also forces someone to have to see that person's stream content or potentially live content in order to make a report, and because many people tend to wait to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Brought music clips with license and still get claims. How can that be and why does it not know?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello as a streamer we need more understanding once we report some do to safety reason what we can do especially if we don't have enough data to report to that persons local authorities.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How about making a tool where we're able to link a music streaming platform (Pandora, spotify, SoundCloud) to our twitch.

Maybe you guys can find a license agreement where by having a paid account with the music platform and linking the two, we might be allowed to play music on stream. Maybe with a volume limit.

Perhaps a tool where we can play music from that does not get recorded on the VOD or clips. Kinda like a 2 track system where 1 is left out of the final mix.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In your email you state

"For your stream archives (VODs and Clips), right now your only options, if you think they contain unauthorized music, is to either go through them one by one, or, for Clips, use the “delete all” tool we’ve provided."

This is utter ********.

When a streamer is alleged to have violated anything, that allegation should clearly refer to the video that violates, along with timestamps of the time ranges that violate.

Then, the infringing content can be taken down if it is deemed to violate DMCA.

You cannot expect that a streamer should pre-emptively go one…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. More details are SPECIFICALLY needed for NO COPYRIGHT SOUNDTRACKS / sounds during streams. A lot of my personal archives and streams get flagged when using songs that have been listed on sources as COPYRIGHT FREE and still get flagged. The same goes for MULTIPLE other channels and something needs to be outlined for this proccess because somewhere, someone is doing something wrong.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mod command to introduce a deliberate EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY into the live m3u playlist and remove the last eg five minutes from a live VOD from public view. Saves having to delete entire VOD if something goes wrong - particularly for IRL outdoor streamers who have much less control over their environment!

Minutes as an optional parameter with 5m default? Command privs for streamer, mods and video producers?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Paying for music license so then copyright is not infringed allows users to be able to livestream and clip videos without being copyright claimed and potentially loosing their place on the platform. During these times twitch and other streaming sites are a life line to musicians

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. While setting up blocked terms and phrases I accidentally didn't set the term to private. When I went back to correct this the private terms were still sitting in my "Mod Action" panel. I assumed it would work retroactively, but it didn't and it needs to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bot's and fake viewer's/People in My Live Stream it needs to stop I am very sick of it for when I see 1 or 2 viewer's I will be so fast to say this" Hi to my 1 or 2 or how ever many (ect). Plus I will also say and always ask" How are you and How is your lovey day going today." (The reason I am very mad about this that when I say and ask my viewer's IN MY STREAM NOTHING IS SAID OR ANYTHING BECAUSE IN MY LIVE STREAM BIO I HAVE IT WHERE IT SAYS…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The following two sections of the Community Guidelines should be on the same page so streamers know when they must use the "Pools, Hot Tubs & Beaches" category:

Section #1

https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Community-Guidelines?language=en_US#22Attire

"- Standard guidelines

We don’t permit streamers to be fully or partially nude, including exposing genitals or buttocks. We do not permit the visible outline of genitals, even when covered. Broadcasting nude or partially nude minors is always prohibited, regardless of context.

For those who present as women, we ask that you cover your nipples. We do not permit exposed underbust. Cleavage is unrestricted as long as these coverage…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. the tldr;
    i would RATHER be able to select an option to actually ONLY see adult creators/communities on the homepage, only mature/18+ streams, and i don't want to have to click a verify thing every time i enter their chat.

how about, now hear me out, how about instead of "shadowbanning" (which is what twitch is doing preventing adult themed content from appearing on the homepage), just give users an option to opt in to see mature content within their account, so that it is only advertising adult creators to other opted-in adult creators/viewers. personally, i would rather even go…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As a viewer who has blocked a few streamers for harassment, intimidation and threats, I still can see some on them in the carousel on my PC despite having blocked all of them.
    I would believe that a full blocking would need to block them in the carousel as an addition to not see them in recommandations and block them from seeing our interactions on Twitch as it happens on Youtube.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?