Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1125 results found

1. DMCA Strikes could be avoided if plagiarism was better explained to streamers.

According to Stephanie Morrow, in her article "Plagiarism: What is it, Exactly?": Plagiarism is a confusing subject, and can often occur without the artist knowing it until it is too late.

If you use another person's work and do not attribute that work to the author, including copying text verbatim, paraphrasing a phrase or summarizing an idea, [or playing a song in the background of your stream], you are essentially committing plagiarism. Plagiarism usually occurs when a writer fails to:

• cite quotes or ideas written by another author;
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. DMCA is in the long and short run a USA policy that does not cover or attempt to handle a International Audiance. As Twitch needs to change to WIPO (World Intellectual Property Orginization) standards like YouTube, Netflix and other companies. Mind you the WIPO does respect the DMCA but unlike that policy was founded and created with a international audience in mind. Numerous counties, and the US is inculded, do recognize the WIPO as being fully legal and binding for international copyright issues.

A good example of this is Viacom vs YouTube. Viacom used DMCA against YouTube in a lawsuit…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello Twitch!
    I've recently heard the wonderful news that you're banning derogatory language such as 'simp' and 'incel'. This means a lot to me, since it’s obviously very harmful language, but I feel you're leaving out a big offender with those cases. I would be happy to see people stop using 'noob' to insult people. It is in all circumstances used offensively, making people not want to play the game. Personally, I have been called this many times, even when I haven't been a new player in a game. It always hurts my feelings and it cuts really deep. Some…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ich benutze Soundtrack von Twitch. Warum werden trotzdem in meinen VoD teilweise Passagen gemuted?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Se eu toco uma música com direitos autorais, mas possuo o direito do autor para utilizar sua música. Como eu faço se meu vod for mutado? O que preciso para comprovar que tenho o direito do autor para tocar suas músicas?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We really need to come up with something that allows streamers to play any kind of music they want and watchers to post song requests without having content deleted or the creators having to deal with strikes/bans/etc, because it was half, if not a big chunk, of the fun of twitch. I loved being able to share my favorite music with the streamers I like to watch, but now I can't do that because of this DMCA nonsense. Part of the fun with video games is inserting your own background music, and that should be able to be shared with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Die Streamer die mit Musik ihren Stream untermalen könnten einen kleinen Prozentsatz ihrer Einkünfte abtreten. Klein deshalb weil die Streamer Werbung für die Künstler machen. Ich spielte gerne Musik von unbekannten Interpreten ab. Es ist für mich eine Win/Win-Situation. Ich kann in meinem Stream eine bestimmte Stimmung erzeugen und die Zuschauer auf die Künstler mit ihrer Musik aufmerksam machen. Der Zuschauer kauft den Titel vielleicht später und die Rechteinhaber verdienen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "The vast majority of our creators don’t have recorded music as a part of their streams"
    I'd like to know the data this claim is based on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I’ve tried to triple check my clarity. Can I get in trouble for singing a copyrighted song if I use nothing like the music, original voice, etc? Just musicless karaoke style?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. COD Warzone oyununa başladım fakat telif sebebiyle videom sessize alınmış. oyunu açarken çıkan bir ses bu telife takılacaksa oynamamak lazım destek rica ediyorum

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello, this is CuppOfCocoa. A few months back, I sent a message to support asking if playing original video game music (for example, having Mario music playing in the background) is safe for DMCA, but the response was that there was not enough information available to give the answer. A friend of mine said that it should be safe, because if you were to be playing that video game (Mario) and streaming it, you would be having the original video game music on stream anyway; I wanted to see if there was new information/an official answer on this (Nintendo might…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I agree we as streamers need to be more responsible for what we broadcast. But having a VOD muted or content removed without full understanding of the reason isn't useful. I have had VODs mutes for in-game content, but I couldn't figure out what could possibly trigger such an action. Please, help us do better.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why should we have to delete the thousands of memories we have made in each other’s streams I feel personally that this is something that you just drop on us we now have to spend however long to get back our memories or re make commands

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Some of us smaller streamers and even the bigger streamers. We like to play some chilled music but with DMCA we cannot do that anymore and we have to rely on just normal game sound. And sometimes the music in the game in poo poo an we do not like it. So that is why we have our own list of music. So anyway we can fix this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It’d be great if we could plug in a youtube link into a DMCA checker and see if its DMCA approved. People tell me lofi songs are ok while others dont! Pretty confusing!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Whats the point of the clip feature if we have to delete them cause of dmca

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Will the next steps to help creators with DMCA warning and take downs to be more proactive? So far, what I've seen, is that Twitch has been more reactive.
    Is it a feasible solution for Twitch to be an intermediary for creators and the music industry to broker a solution that would allow creators to pay a fee for the use of copyrighted music. I'm sure that many creators would like to have that opportunity and if Twitch were willing to find a way to make a deal with the music industry to facilitate this, Twitch would be seen as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Does it effect mainly the really large streamers or both large and small streamers?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. botar quais musicas tem copy pra ajudar a quem nao sabe

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow us to upload our music licenses to our twitch account so we cannot get DMCA'd for music we have been given permission to use or have created our selves any more. At the very least it would expedite disputing a DMCA in most cases...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?