Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

330 results found

1. Clear guidelines for performing classical piano pieces that are in the public domain

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. YouTube has an Audio Library for its creators. I have not found any such thing on Twitch, and I think it would greatly help creators. Instead of just muting their content, maybe have a link and a statement that says something like "we have content here that you can use instead..."

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have two ideas that I think should be considered:

1. Have a way for streamers to contact Twitch regarding incorrectly identified content.

2. For Twitch to follow-up and determine whether there is incorrect information in their content checking system.

I regularly get muted audio and an indicator that I have copyrighted music in my audio loop of my stream; however, all of my audio is from the YouTube Audio Library which has already been verified as CC0 by YouTube, and it's freely usable on YouTube or other platforms.

So, there is no reason that these songs should be getting flagged on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Stop muting licensed audio! If you persist on doing this, at least let people save their appeal form to paste in every time you mute licensed audio! Also, does it really take a MONTH to do an appeal of licensed audio? Can't we just show our license and move? Also, once you clear a track, can't you carry that over so you don't re-mute the next video? This is crazy, and not what the DMCA intended!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Having a way to recover VOD's after deletion. I cancelled prime membership and completely forgot it was connected to twitch. I now only have parts 2 to 6 of my FNAF Security Breach lives. I now can't post this as a 6 part series anywhere else

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. i stream bed was On Minecraft for four hours with my friend, there was no background music or copywrite things in it. I know theres was audio in it because at the begining my friend made me realize i was muted on both my headphones and stream so i unmute on both to make sure this worked i went in to my stream and made random noise to make sure it was working while a little quite there's was definitely audio in it.
    I know for a fact it wasn´t my mic messing up cuz if it was my friend…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Buy the rights and create a music catalog for streamers to pick and use on their stream legally aka Amazon Music Player. If Instagram and Facebook users can allow music clips on their own content or profiles then twitch can definitely allow users to use music legally on their channels. This is beneficial for the content creator, musical artists, and Twitch. More revenue will be generated overall by allowing this and also it will help filter out who is using this legally and illegally. DMCA's should only be used for people abusing this and not using for example an amazon…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Instead of removing or replacing the audio entirely to mute, add licensed audio but let us be able to hear the streamers still. Add a twitch produced sound over the copyrighted audio rather than muting, and let the streamer still be able to be heard entirely

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'm writing because I have an issue regarding muted audio.

Here is the link:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1260727539

Your software says that the audio is muted because the song at 6:03 allegedly belongs to BaliBiki and is titled "Do Hee."

There are two issue:

1. The song at 6:03 is title "The Space Was The Place," was written by Audio Hertz, and it was released into the YouTube public domain library in 2020.

2. When I Google "BaliBiki" and "Do Hee" the song doesn't match the track at 6:03 in my video. That song is titled "Road Tripzzz" and was written by Ofshane. And, it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Any streamer on a look see streaming copy righted material should be struck from the site period. They tend to be partners or affiliates thus making a mockery of that status. Folks are out here doing some amazing things that take time to grow and these streamers are getting subs and donations off the back of copy righted material. It is not ethical and should be dealt with harshly.
    At this point no one can claim ignorance of dmca rules and copy right obligations it is simple as that.
    When twitch gets sued by warner bros and the whole thing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Do I need to explain this? Do I EVEN need to explain this?

If Twitch Partners are going to abuse DMCA, then there should be some SERIOUS punishment for it. Revoke their Partnerships for anyone who blatantly abuses it and, should the case be a severe one, disallow them from re-achieving Partnership status for a length of time or even permanently (with Affiliation being either harder to attain or also permanently disallowed; again, depends on the severity of the case).

Hold the people at the top accountable. Do not let them abuse the system because it hurts people on the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Copyright violators are running rampant on Twitch right now and for the long term good of the site and the people who make a living off of it, users should be able to report suspected copyright violations and Twitch should investigate and take action if it finds that the streamer is using someone else's content.

Twitch needs to get ahead of this wave of bad behaviour before powerful corporate entities or politicians force Twitch to take action that harms everyone.

I'd also recommend implemented a YouTube like 3 strike copyright violations system for egregious repeat offenders.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Top streamers get banned for less than a weekend for every kind of offense, DMCA included, only to come back and get more attention and money thrown at them for blatantly violating the ToS. What kind of message does it send that nearly every top streamer on Twitch right now has received some number of bans? As it is now streamers might as well get banned on purpose, because currently it's paid PTO with a raise on return to work. Stop catering to the top streamers and actually make your bans consistent and of a consequential length.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Companies cannot gain trust if they do not comply with laws and ethics. Some streamers watched anime in their stream without getting permission. That is completely illegal.
    The streamers sometimes choose particular words for their streams tag for avoiding a ban. So Twitch had better improve AI which scanning streams or give punishment to particular streamers for not obeying the copyright law.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Content creators need a way to express how they feel in any way. The First Amendment guarantees our right to free expression and free association, which means that the government laws does not have the right to forbid us from saying what we like and writing what we like; we can form clubs and organizations, and take part in demonstrations and rallies. Although this would be a legal act if anyone infringed on copyright rules. The whole idea of punishing people for expression is non sense. DMCA needs to re-evaluate it's core fundamentals which should be to help everyone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. All Star Wars Music technically Falls under Fair use, so as long as it is being used for something Star Wars. Star Wars music shouldn't be getting flagged there's over 50-100 different Star Wars Video games...

Your rules are stupid, you aren't protecting anybody but the user themselves, it would have been easier for you to right a EULA, that explains that Twitch isn't responsible and that the video creator holds full accountability, instead of making this dumb system you guys made, where videos get muted, while playing games they were meant to be played in.....

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. With the new year a number of works have now entered the public domain. A given channel's audience may be global and so these works will not enter the public domain uniformly. Presently the existing guidelines specify that the broadcaster must have the rights, but there is an important distinction between the rights within their own country or for all countries the broadcast may reach (in effect, the longest duration across all countries). If the rights apply to individuals who may be viewing, then it would be preferable to be able to restrict the broadcast to certain regions so that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. create a page to submit proof that I have purchased a license to stream any video and audio on twitch or other platform. our organization purchases a yearly license to stream video and audio during religious services.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Force streamers to utilize overlay extensions that identify artists when using copyrighted music. This is free advertising for those artists / record labels. It's a feature that is already built into StreamElements Media Request streaming tool. This is no different than streaming games and you know it. If you refuse to use an identifier, you get hit with DMCA.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I had my vod muted and after verifying who was the owner and listen to the song, I discovered that he's not the owner at ALL!
    That song or part of that song is a mere copy/use of Apple Loops music and samples free to use even for commercial use or broadcasting by Apple Inc. That package of DVD song/sound/sample is part of the Apple product "Final Cut Studio" that I OWN! So I have the license to use it in Twitch or any other broadcasting use.

Now the problem is the external company that ask Twitch to mute! Those…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?