Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

330 results found

1. Stop muting VODS in general. Amazon SELLS music. Make a deal like you already have to protect streamers. There is no reason 1 minute of audio should mute almost 10 minutes. That's ridiculous. Stop being petty. Get sued. You are a multi-billion dollar company.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide a tool for streamers to manually mute selected parts of the VOD, and allowing the streamer, while in live, to press a button to flag in timeline the current stream time where could possibly leak a unwanted song.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. nossos espectadores, gostam de escutar musicas que os agradam, poderia ter algo que eles comprem alguma musica em forma de alguma troca dentro da twitch, para que os nossos espectadores possam escutar pelo menos uma musica que goste.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Underground sounds was setup in 2019 ahead of article 13 EU directive its a membership supplying DJs with copyright exckusic music I wonder if this would help twitch DJs??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi, I've noticed that Twitch mutes audio for DMCA reasons, I highly recommend an automated system that sends DMCA permission requests on behalf of twitch users to the artist in order to get a green light on unmuting muted audio. Please feel free to contact me with this, I'm curious about if this feedback will be taken.
    channel: twitch.tv/Sir_D0ge
    email: so142001@gmail.com
    name: Seth

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Re the recent email Twitch sent out re cover songs, I need the ability to make highlights from UNPUBLISHED VODS!

Otherwise, if i perform even a single cover song, the only way to highlight my originals is to temporarily publish my VOD. Or I can highlight the cover song, then UNPUBLISH it, then EXPORT to YouTube. But this is ridiculous!

DEAR TWITCH, PLEASE ADDRESS THIS URGENT ISSUE!!!

Thanks,
    Hayden

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. So, I did a stream earlier, and I was going back to clip things. And a section was muted as 'copyrighted music' when it was the same thing playing as always. So, I realized that a train had gone by around that time. And the muted section was about the length of time it took the train to pass. So...I'm not sure, but I think the recording thought that was copyrighted music. Just a heads up. Not a complaint, the brief muted part does not ruin anything in the clips I just thought it was worth mentioning. (Edit to add:…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Video Description to Stream Information. In video description, add ability to add licensing information. If user does not have license do not instantly publish VOD, rather request on behalf of and apply asking user to agree to profit sharing of VOD. If user denies then the vod can not be published. Consider this a safe guard. Listing license in video description can also help with Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licensing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It strikes (pun not intended) me that there should be a way to provision a means to report plays/performances (and recordings via VODs) of third party music on stream for the purposes of avoiding DMCA strikes.

Streamers who are already in the music industry are highly likely to be affiliated with one or more reporting agencies in their regions, and most such agencies collect fees on behalf of overseas partners. In this day and age of service integration and automation, it seems logical that there should be a means to compile a post-stream report for an affiliated agency and submit…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Music license companies put their videos on Youtube and make money through Youtube. They need to be watched in order to make money. There is no problem when everyone watched its videos individually but a streamer share their videos with crowd of people it is problem because this is loss of earning for them. My suggestion is that when the streamer share a music from Youtube, available number of streamer' spectator be reflected music views. In this way even if streamer does not have any right of broadcasting, music license companies lose anything also they make a profit with the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please keep up to date the songs we can play or not. Or give us a precise list of website we can use. Preztel Rocks should be safe for us to use but it seems that it's not anymore ( i got muted part of my stream). Plus, it would be nice to have a way to add a comment when me appeal a muted audio. Thank you !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Здравствуйте
    Могу предложить использоваться. Чтобы авторы использовали , музыку с музыкальных площадок. Лично , если бы я был автором музыки , я бы был не против. Так как музыка слушаяется и поднимается в чартах. А автор контента на Twitch , слушает музыку с удовольстивем на фоне.
    Так что , было неплохо , предложить такой вариант авторам музыки.
    Конечно не знаю , как это контролировать. Но как по мне , это самый адекватный вариант.
    Либо придётся писать музыку самим стримерам , а так бы не хотелось)

НАДЕЮСЬ СООБЩЕНИЕ , БУДЕТ УВИДЕНО)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I specifically use the app to avoid DMCA, but now I'm going back through my vod and I see that audio is muted because of copy right... How does that work when this app is supposed to help avoid this, now I'm missing key information on an event even though I was using the app to avoid this problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why does Twitch not partner with StreamHype Music in order to provide DMCA Free music to its users? You should review and reach out to them for potential opportunity.

https://www.streamhypemusic.com
    info@streamhypemusic.com

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Your platform is dying because you gave everyone a choice and a voice then you slowly started to take it away. This is how a platform dies In The United States. We don’t like to be told what to do and what we can play. Especially when we are playing music WE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR on iTunes or even on a CD. Being punished for playing the music WE PAID FOR is unacceptable. I stopped using your platform when you started striking DJs and I’ll NEVER go back. Your platform is dying

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As a music business student and variety/music streamer who's come across people who play unlicensed music on Twitch, I find this topic intriguing. It seems there are many people in the world who don’t understand the intricacies of copyright and if there was something we could do to better explain this to the public, that may help with reducing copyright strikes. Indeed, I often have users come in who are constantly pressuring me to play background music to make the stream more entertaining, but as a Mac user, my options are limited so I prefer to do without.

I personally…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I've seen streamers getting strikes on VERY old VODs, but they can't access them to cut any strikeable parts. If you won't make deals or revenue splits, or anything else that would protect your only income, at least make it possible for people to protect themselves on old VODs with problematic music.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. gente sei que pode ter essa burocracia de não deixar colocar musicas, mas todos ficaria mais livres para fazer suas stream e chamar mais pessoas para assistir, se permitir colocar musicas, assim mesmo por que se o cantor faz uma musica as pessoas compra suas musicas ele não tem direito de reclamar de alguém colocar suas canções em uma stream de jogos eu mesmo adoraria fazer colocando alternativa rock em minhas stream o que a twitch pensaria a respeito disso chamaria mais pessoas por que as vezes só assistir não é bastante ninguém tem sempre 100% de conteúdo ou conversa…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Klip alma ayarlarındaki, klipleri etkinleştir seçeneğinde "Canlı veya geçmiş yayınlarınızdan klip oluşturulmasına izin verin." yerine, canlı yayınlar için ayrı geçmiş yayınlar için ayrı etkinleştirme seçeneği olur ise yayıncı canlı yayınlardan klip oluşturulmasını kapatır ve yayın esnasında oluşturulan kliplerdeki DMCA sorunu ortadan kalkar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?