Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

330 results found

1. 1.impose copyright costs on TWITCH subscription fees so that all replay videos with copyrighted music can only be viewed by subscribers

2.Troubleshoot music copyright issues with fees by banning all third-party Donation Apps and allowing only beats(official donation) (doing so on Korean streaming sites)

3.Dividing profits with copyright holders like YOUTUBE

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In 2020, many streamers got hit by a wave of DMCA takedown requests for old clips and VODs which affected the streamer's standing.
    Since Twitch is currently using a three-strike rule similar to YouTube and other platforms, this put some streamers on the verge of being banned.

My proposal is to let such takedowns "expire" after a period of e.g. 90 days, i.e. they don't affect Good Standing after that period.
    Since takedowns (regardless of whether justified or not) can appear on years-old content and even live content, this would introduce a fair solution to streamers and Twitch, and is…

946 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. to protect your content creators from the dmca vultures, you should make all vods and clips muted by default pending review and the channel creator could manually un-mute after they have reviewed the content for any potential dmca audio.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. on 20201020 today I used Twitch soundtrack and got a copyright strike , how can that be?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. TWITCH SHOULD BE REACHING OUT TO ARTISTS AND GETTING APPROVAL FOR ENTIRE PLATFORM!!! Many many many artists would love to be able to have their music played on as many streams as possible. After all, it's FREE MARKETING!! Twitch should work with these labels who own the rights to make these decisions over the artist, and bring music back to streams. Artists get free marketing, labels make more off of that as ewell as the artists, and viewers and streamers alike get a much more enjoyable product that can also lead them to music they love that they might've never…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow streamers to set a default VOD description which would be automatically added to any new VODs created. It might include things such as credits for creative commons content they use, etc. so they can avoid DMCA strikes twitch seems intent on holding us responsible for and include stuff like their social links and other info.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I gotten a Appeal Muted Audio almost been 14 days would be nice if someone look at it before gets deleted from the site you know how about not letting music get muted if no one is going to review the video seem unfair don't you think? Not even a opinion to explain what happened or download the video without the Muted Audio but just like YouTube twitch is on the side of the music people not there users on the site

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Your algorithm intended to mute 3 songs in the stream, but muted 20 minutes of the stream which included sections of the stream when those songs were NOT being played.

The flag also listed the song as 3:30+ seconds when only 0:30 seconds of the song was played.

You need to add a section under "Appeal Muted Audio" to state "portions of the playback were muted in error" and "DO NOT contain the songs listed in the flag report."

Also, you should allow users to download this audio without muting since it will not be streamed on your site.

You…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When a song gets muted from a VOD, make it show the song name of which it detected and then muted.

Sometimes you hear a song and wanna get the name of it, but then you can't.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. An option that detects copyrighted content and removes streams or clips, or cuts off the parts where this content is detected to avoid removing the glorious work you've done.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I believe that the Twitch Audio Algorithm meant to catch and mute copyrighted material should be improved upon.

Many streamers have had parts of a VOD muted due to a copyrighted song, even though that song is a part of the game, and is in-game audio. The streamer likely paid for the game, so they aren't streaming the game with that song in it for free.

I believe the Algorithm should improve upon looking for audio that is both inside and outside of the game, OR, whenever the Algorithm checks for copyrighted material, a real person needs to give the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Because of this clip thing and the strike when you hear music in the clip copyright, I had the idea that you as a streamer can restrict the clip function or deactivate it immediately and reactivate it if you want

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please help us with showing that we are fully complaint and legally allowed to play music on-line or live. I am a professional DJ and Virtual DJ helps make sure we are legally compliant. There is no reason my videos should be muted... Ever.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Playing games with in-game music. (no external sound or music, all in-game) Please explain copyright implications of in-game music and the concept that all games are copyright material. How is in-game music different from the intellectual property of the actual game being shared publicly?

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When disputing claimed misuse of copyrighted music, there NEEDS to be a free text field to explain WHY I have a right to include the music I have. You cannot possibly create dropdowns including all the possible explanations, and the current three options are woefully inadequate. In particular, for a platform claiming to be welcoming to musician streamers, it is APPALLING that you fail to allow for performances by the streamer (in which the performance rights therefore belong to the streamer) of compositions which are either traditional or anonymous, or upon which the copyright has expired (in which therefore no…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Similar to the Watch Party. This way Streamers could share music with some of the viewers (prime members) without this whole DMCA problem because only viewers who have access to the songs anyway can listen to them.

The only issue would be how you would handle that the streamer hears the music too, without making it audible for nonprime members. But this way people would still have to pay somewhere to listen to the music to give the artists credit and at the same time it would improve the quality of streams. In my opinion, this would even help musicians…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I constantly get muted audio although I own a license for streaming those songs.
    When I appeal the muted audio it seems like nobody ever cares and unmutes it. And there's even no chance to upload a license to proof that I am allowed to play those songs in public.

Please Twitch, please finally fix this!
    1. Add an "Upload license buttton"
    2. Unmute muted audio when proven that the license is valid!

Especially with the current DMCA takedown situation in mind I truly believe more people would be willing to pay for licensed music to play if it wouldn't…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. einfavh mal dazu schreiben wie man genau geld verdient oder wo durch und ob man copyright musik benutzen darf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow creators to play music on stream even if not created by the user or having rights to it but are required to keep it a very low volume. I feel removing the ability for streamer to have background music of their, or viewers choice is taking away the personality of the streamer. For me the music I listen to describes the person I am the mood I am feeling and an over all setting for new and old viewers.I just don't want to have to play a game and not listen to my favorite songs as I hang out…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Recently a lot of streamers have been getting DMCA notices for streams that are 2-3 years old. 50 Cent - In Da Club has been flagged on many channels along with other music from RIAA. This is a problem because streamers are now scared of getting punished or banned off the platform for listening to the music they want to listen to. This is not good for the longevity of the platform if it wants to survive the entertainment industry.

To be brutally honest, Twitch is not good for the music industry at all. If a streamer has 10,000 viewers…

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?