Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

330 results found

1. The musical atmosphere being an important part for the creation of content on the platform, and to limit future problems with the DMCA as we can see now.

I propose an extension (or a feature) in partnership with the main music streaming software that would allow music to be broadcast directly on the live page and not integrated into the video stream.

If we take the example of Spotify, having to link its twitch page with spotify so that the viewers can hear the music we add to our stream in real time

And of course find a way for…

497 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have license to play music from Monstercat. I have a playlist with content creator tracks (no non-licensable tracks). My past 6 streams, I get muted audio. I know exactly what the muted audio is used for, which is muting "copyrighted songs". Which is true, but I pay license to play them. Now, I edit my streams, music still in my videos, and upload them on YouTube, but I don't get claimed there. This is all in Twitch's end. I hope this can be fixed, because I pay money to pay money so I don't get claimed, or muted audio,…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When watching a vod, which I do plenty. It can be annoying to try and scroll through the small time slider to reach the end of a break where music has caused copyright and the vod is muted. A prompt saying would you like to skip to when the vod is no longer muted would be very helpful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Thanks for putting together Creator Camp in the first place! It has a wealth of resources and gives me more confidence to get started.

One thing I would like more information about is how to avoid copyright issues with playing music on my channel while streaming. I know some streamers do this already and I would like to know their workarounds (especially since listening to certain kinds of music is a big part of my life and personality).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. copy write laws should not effect new streamers that are not being paid for their streams, once one gets affiliated then and only then should copy write laws apply .. playing my favorite songs in my streams helps my audience get to know me through my interests and sense i haven't built a live audience yet having my audio muted is a huge burden!!! most of my views happen after my streams... please change this i am not breaking the law until i am profiting off of that content!!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would love for there to be a place full of approved music. Like with YouTube, have a page, tab, or something with music that wont get copyright stuck. Especially since even some game music can get strikes. I don't want to get in trouble and I only recently learned that you can't play everyday music. It would be awesome if you would compile a list of music for people to be able to play without getting in trouble. Please and Thank You

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The automated muting of VODs is unevenly applied and mutes too much.

During a recent co-op stream, me and the other streamer both listened to a song that was posted in one of our chats. My VOD was muted for copyrighted music (which is fair, I'm not disputing that). However, there are two problems with this:

1. My VOD was muted, but the other streamer was not, even though we listened to the >exact< same song.

2. Way too much of my VOD was muted. The muted section of the VOD goes on for far longer than it actually played on the…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I recently had a GB Tetris stream get muted because the copyright bot's song IDing listed "Ikon Ringtones" as the owner of the song.

I can say with full confidence that "Ikon Ringtones" does NOT own Hirokazu Tanaka's 8-bit rendition of a Russian folk song. And that's been the problem for years - bad actors clowning around with copyright claims for video game music they don't own. Not only do establishments like "Ikon Ringtones" get away with it for using video game music as ringtone options, insignificant nobody DJs have also been known to do it when they sample music…

665 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. First of all, I'm unsure if this in the right section? (please move to right location if not)

Anyway, we all like watching our favourite streamers right? Some play music and some either don't or play Non copyrighted music for legal/ad friendly reasons.

I would like a 2nd volume control option on the video player itself that is JUST for music that the broadcaster can stream thier music to.

Benefit for the broadcaster;

• Can stream normally and listen to their music without fear of being unable to monetise later. This secondary volume control feed would not be part of archive…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Twitch likes to just mute out the whole audio sections from a clip when there is copyrighted music. Which makes that section odd to watch since there is no audio at all. My solution to this would be for twitch to instead of just muting out the segment, they should just take the copyrighted song, and apply an inverted signal to it. So that way, the song would essentially be silenced/ canceled out by the two signals, however, everything else would be fine and you'd be able to hear streamer, any sort of in-game sounds or irl sounds. That way,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 13 14 15 17 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?