Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

330 results found

1. I think all games should have fair use and not run in to any muted audio or copyright issues, we should stream any games on Twitch

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Identifying games like ats and GTA that has copyrighted music in it so streamers wont get banned for listening to in game music I recently had Twitch turn off publishing VOD videos for listening to in game music

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Under German law (§8 UrhG), and certainly under the equivalent copyright laws of various other countries, anyone who participates in the creation of a work is entitled to co-authorship.
    Theoretically, users who write in the Chat which is inserted in the stream footage can claim co-authorship of the stream.
    Yes, in this case one can argue that as with a call on live television, it must be expected that one's own contribution (like the voice on television), will be broadcast live.
    BUT: That streamers offer a VoD on Twitch is OPTIONAL. Also, that streamers record the stream and upload to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I used "Raining in osaka" as the background music throughout the live broadcast, but I only received copyright for a certain segment, I don't know why, and there was no other music in the middle.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have two main categories, Software Development and dance games. The latter have little value as VODs, so these games are excluded from auto-publishing, and I usually delete the VOD quickly after.

However, the audio of the unpublished VOD is still scanned for copyrighted audio, and if something is found, auto-publish is disabled in general for my channel -- which is quite pointless, given that the problematic VODs were never published in the first place for exactly that reason, but it forces me to explicitly publish the development VODs by hand.

So please ignore muted sections in unpublished VODs for…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Muted Audio Identification (since we can't listen to it on twitch) or just let us download the vods without the mute so we can cross reverence

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please let all people play music on twich and stop it with the copy right stuff let all people play copy right stuff because Facebook is giving people the red tags and kicking people off so please twitch can you let all people play music on twich and let people play what kind of music what they what?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If a producer gives permission to use your music on stream, you should be able to let twitch know so your videos/clips dont get muted by submitting proof that you were given permission from the peoducer of said songs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. La musica que ocupo no tiene copyright , igual me lo silenciaron en algunas partes. por favor revisar. gracias.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. YouTube has a great system for disputing false copyright claims and for claiming your own coptyrighted material that is not so involved that each dispute takes 30 minutes to complete and send. I play public domain classical music which is being falsely claimed and on YouTube all I have to do is dispute send and my work doesn’t get muted. I also own the copyrights and publishing to 140 songs which are flagged and I have to dispute and claun each one Eve time I play my own music. Help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow us to stream music in the background of our twitch streams. Creators on PC can have music playing yet when I try to on my ps4, I’m not allowed to! Surely it would make sense to allow us to as well, as it could improve some viewer experiences and create a better vibe and idea of what our channel is like for those who watch our streams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. One of my recent streams was muted due to "Copy written music" I have been using this same music for over a year now as it is royalty-free music. The song It was referencing was uploaded on Jan 1st of 2022. When I've been using it since 2020. They should confirm the upload dates of the song supposedly being copy-written and confirm those songs are not themselves stolen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Some of us understand fully the legal requirements to stream music, I myself having ran a successful online radio station for 10 years, understand paying for licensing, broadcasting, ect, ect. This license can include online play as well (myself being registered with SOCAN and paying yearly fees), this legally allows me to play copywritten music at will online, it adhere's to all DMCA guidelines and superceeds any copyright claim against my channel, and yet, twitch ignores this, refuses to put a place where we can supply the license number or facilitate any number of ways to alleviate this. This would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With my other account I got a notice from Twitch saying my account was suspend for asking for sexual favors. That is a lie. Twitch can you please stop accusing people unless there is no proof.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hola buenas noches me comunico desde argentina para hacer una consulta sobre musica con copyright, tood el tiempo me sale la notificacion y literalmente escucho musica SIN COPYRIGHT... Nose si sera un bug, o que tipo de musica esta permitido escuchar.
    escucho musica sin copyright para twitch literalmente adjunto link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlq-icv8xfI

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Any game streamed with similar music to real life such as Sim 4 were it is real songs but in simish should be reviewed by humans and not Audio detecting software before being flagged/muted. I have spoke with EA and they have no issue with the use of their music on streams so it is purely a Twitch issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Just a FYI no need to mute tripwire games such as killingfloor 2, they have a policy and Twitch streaming is okay.

https://www.tripwireinteractive.com/#/gameplay-and-related-videos-policy

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. i went through my video manager and alot of my audio was muted. When i went to go appeal it they were all at 6 min in and for songs that I've never heard of or used. I use a music site that is strictly no dcma, and puts the song and artist in the chat. Maybe instead of making us go through and make sure we didnt use the audio, you guys could check before muting us?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it possible as streamer to make a deal with stim. A Stim deal is cheap and the biggest streameras (I not big) Have the money to bought a deal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Twitch mutes our VODs, then takes an extremely long time to clear them, yet doesn't clear ALL of that streamer's VODs using the same song. That's problematic for those of us who have purchased a license to use songs yet keep getting muted for the same songs over and over again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?