Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. At the discretion of streamers and moderators, the reasons for the ban vary depending on the atmosphere of the room.

Sometimes, some users cannot remember what they said on the day of the ban

When they were asked to cancel after being banned,

it would be nice if the users could simply check why they were banned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The problem: Blocking someone does two things:
    1. Makes them unable to interact with you in a poor manner (their messages won't show to you)
    2. Makes it so they CAN'T follow you and will be forced to unfollow (which doesn't make sense and you'll see why)

Now, how to fix it so it isn't garbage:
    1. Make it so permanent ban forces the person to unfollow instead and prevents them from joining hosts or raids that goes to whoever banned them.
    2. Instead of hiding chat messages from a blocked person, take the Discord approach (add a "this message…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The onslaught of content that is borderline porographic, highly suggestive because and obvious adult content and because of the repetitiveness of underage accounts created on a daily basis. Not to mention you aren't required to have an account to view ANY subject matter. As of today accounts have no viewing/streaming restricts on them unless what is divulged by the creator. There is no current method of authentication for accounts. Amazon is the parent company and has the abilities to verify accounts with bank/credit card information require THIS same method for all twitch user 18+ that want to stream. Require it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Its quite easy, just make new accounts cant give follow. This would help
    It's like, im being harassed constantly by trolls that make fake accounts with very offensive names and they give me follow. so the alert plops and here we go again.

Like the " Followers " only option in the chat config by 1 week, 1 month, or ETC
    i would find this option very useful. and maybe this will discourage trolling and fake account creation

Also, pretty please... i cant whitstand anymore. those trolls are buying follow-bots... last day were about 6000... im very worried

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We already have the option to set our chat to "only followers" or "only subs" so chatbots can't spam around.

Why don't we have an option to temporary disable following on our channel? This could be a implemented as a mod feature - maybe with an option to directly report follow botting on that channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In the moderator view, when clicking on a user as moderator, it will show how many times the user got banned on different channels. This will prevent trolling and will make the job easier for moderators.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I was watching project nightfall’s video on IG about women who get harassed while doing a livestream. It reminded me of how a number of times I watch such incidences and most of the time the streamers are left speechless and unsure of how to act. From the various incidents recorded, I noticed a couple of patterns which occurred and thought to take advantage of them:
    a) The culprits faces were visible for at least 10 seconds.
    b) There were people around using their devices. What are the odds they are subscribed to twitch or another social media platform?

Inspired…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support saying founders list was in progress for many months man.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I know many people under the age of 13 that wanna watch peoples' streams or show off their talent on Twitch, but they can't since they don't meet the age requirement. Instead, I think people under the age of 13 should be able to use Twitch, just without the chat feature. That way they can still show off their awesome skills but they just won't be able to view the chat in case there is someone inappropriate in it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Today, the only available options are to report abusive actions are to report individual people, ie either the streamer or someone specific in a chat; basically individuals.

The problem is, moderators on some chats get the power in their hands go to hteir head, and since some rather big streamers delegate this job to them precisely because they cannot monitor what happens, it creates a void in which allows abusive behaviours to happen.

The moderation problem is specific in the way you don't know who issued an individual moderation action against you, hence you cannot even talk to him/her (provided…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Currently in the title and category editing page, editors are not allowed to change the notification, for those like me who use the help of the moderator when they are organizing the prelive, and who customize the notification based on the broadcast, it could be convenient this feature!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. let mods or just everyone look at a channel's logs. Not user logs, the whole channel for each day. I used this on overrustle to check usage of 3rd party emotes (ctrl-f) day to day to optimize them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. So. I was updating the Roles Feature within my community section on my Twitch Dashboard.

I had a good friend of mine who is one of my loyal mods ban a viewer because of something unrelated to the stream.

I got looking after stream to see if there was any options for doing so with this. But I could not find anything for it.

You know how we have the ability under Channel Analytics that reads "Send Email To My Subscribers"?

Why not have that same function. But instead for Mods/VIP/Editor Roles?

I'd love to write up an email for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need to create a gifted sub mode and sub mode. I notice watching gta rp that all streamer go to sub mode and still get a toxic chat because of the gifted subs. Either make it two different modes or make it so that the longest following channel gets the sub and not the new ones that hops into other streams

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Some viewers are getting a 1hr timeout just for subscribing.
    At least we could fix that Twitch blunder with an undo function.

Sometimes viewers are accidentally timeout due to the jumps in chat. Those can be reverted but the new sub timeout cannot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A big trend with peoples responses to streamers or users being moderated is the ‘unfairness’ of decisions made and the comparison to other situations while not being aware of the reason for the decisions made.

Suggestion: Create a central, public page, this can be searchable by userid, username (partial/full), message content (p/f). This allows you to find streamers, users, botnets, repeat offenders and provides you a page of the content that caused them to be flagged for moderation + their chat logs.

The details page should show the escalation stage of punishment that users were hit by, thus transparently explaining…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'm a moderator for a small channel, seen that I like to partecipate to other communities there could be the chance to be the mod of other streamers and a feedback tools could be helpful to give this chance. So integrate, for example, after a month that I partecipate as moderator of a community an istrument to give feedback how is good to keep clean and friendly a community.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. предлагаю разрешить стримить только лицам достигшим 18-летия.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Let mods, or at least mods with editor access, add VIPs to the channel. Or let streamers enable/disable that option for mods. I mod for a few streamers who're part of larger networks, so it'd be great if I could add VIPs myself without having to try and remind the streamer after the stream is over.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have an option with a color palette to modify ONLY THE COLOR of the moderator symbol. So that according to the channel, the moderator icon can combine even more with the channel chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?