Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

174 results found

1. Add a set cooldown from following to unfollowing as it sucks when someone follows to only get noticed by the streamer and thanked to then immediatly unfollow. People do this often on my stream, they follow me, I say thanks and a few moments later then unfollow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Your Terms Of Service is censorship in areas where females and those who identify as female live outside of the United States of America, where showing 'nipples' is not considered frontal upper body nudity in the eyes of the Canadian Constitution, and human rights. It was considered sexist to keep women tethered to a rule that did not apply equally to men in all conditions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would love to see Twitch implement a feature that allows Streamers to set up a hard block for users with XX (configurable by streamer) amount of currently active bans.

This feature alone would greatly reduce the serial trollers that do nothing but jump from stream to stream trolling and getting banned.

It would also be great to have a feature that allows Mods and Streamers alike to see how many active bans a viewer has.

Thank you for your consideration.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To help with the new stuff coming with banning people it should have an optional feature to require an account to view a stream. And to go further to set the level of account i.e. required just an account, require an account with a verified email, require the account to be at least x hours/days old.
    That way those people we've banned cannot just sit there logged out stalking us.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I've been spending a lot of time at Twitch for the last two years. I see that there are still very important problems that have not improved in time. This is one of the problems: for example, when large broadcasters host small broadcasters at the end of the broadcast, in the small broadcasters' chat room there can be some users who share inappropriate links, make toxicities, and make spam. Small or new publishers remain uninformed in this event. I mean, they can't handle what's going on in the chat rooms. So the broadcasters cannot do their job properly. Foreseeing that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As you might have expereinced, when chat is moving fast but someone needs a message deleted or timedout/banned mods can sometimes missclick due to the fast moving chat, now while we do have the pause chat option this can still happen due to a flinch or a nudge from a pet or someone else, what I am suggesting is an undelete/restore function within the chat for mods.

If someone was banned by accident or timedout all their messages are purged, but how about when you undo the mistken action you have the option to restore that persons messages within the…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A system where trolls / generally harmful viewers get negative karma when they are timeout, kicked or banned from channels. And some positive karma gaining system for viewers who follow guidelines. And then something for streamers to limit bad karma accounts harassing them. IMO could be very useful. Thoughts?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. These 4 been following and unfollowing me MANY TIMES and I am tired of it. Twitch needs to make a way to keep any users from following you. I know for a fact these 4 usernames are the same person. I have proof and I have emails they been following and unfollowing me at same time.

Kirilfrolov847
    MKVTeam
    ChitusNG
    Chitus7

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hola

Sugiero poder eliminar seguidores tóxicos de manera fácil de nuestro canal y banear gente con canales altamente inapropiados que infunden odio. El problema de reportalos es que luego pueden tomar represalias de otras maneras. Gracias

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If the account was banned from, let's say, 5-10 other channels, it will not be allowed to chat in yours.
    In order to limit the accounts just trying to get ban the fastest.
    Yes, they can create new accounts, but it will limit the number of trolls and hate speech in chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If you are a smaller streamer and don't want the harassment of someone unwanted you, you should be able to remove & block them from following you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Limit the number of streams/chats that a single account can be logged into simultaneously. I've noticed that there are a lot of bot-accounts that appear in EVERYONE's chat rooms, but never as viewers. These accounts seem highly suspicious, and I personally would feel better if they were no longer able to "infect" twitch with their frivolous logging of every chat's activities. Besides the fact that the chat replies from Twitch could be used as cheap DDoS source, they could also be exploiting the chats to infect their users in some way.
    I think that a limit of 10 chats/streams for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This is not to take away from the improvements that have already been made, and are being implemented. The work that is being done is greatly appreciated.
    However, further change is needed to better protect streamers for banned users. Merely preventing chatting is not enough to deter harassment, stalking, or intrusive bot behavior.

Most people are aware that measures often can be circumvented, that is not an excuse for the lack of protection that currently exists.
    Streamers need a way to completely cut off a user from content. I believe the proposed measures are reasonable, and will also provide protection…

1,803 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Twitch responded

We’re happy to announce that we have released an additional update to address these concerns. Streamers can now prevent their banned users from watching their livestreams. You can find and turn on this feature in the Moderation settings section of the Creator Dashboard, through the “Stop banned users from viewing stream” toggle.

Please note, this update 1). does not prevent users from watching livestreams from an incognito window or while logged out and 2). does not prevent users from viewing VODs, clips or highlights. We plan to explore extending the functionality of bans further, including but not limited to preventing VOD and clip playback.

In addition, we’ve made an update so that users that are blocked will now automatically be blocked from watching a streamer’s livestreams.

We will leave this thread open for your other points regarding preventing view of other content types and account creation.

https://x.com/TwitchSupport/status/1712166618594259237?s=20

14. As recently as today I have noticed an "Are you sure?" box pop up whenever I click the Block button. As a user who prefers to have full control over his viewing experience, I find this unacceptable. I should be able to filter out who I do and do not wish to see in chat, and this function only serves to slow me down or prevent me from doing it entirely. At the very least you need to add a "Do Not Ask Me About This Again" checkbox.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's not unusual for streamers to get banned for accidentaly bringing up NSFW stuff or saying something inappropriate (racism for example) during stream, soo i had an idea to add a censorship option for streamers, this would allow them to censor parts of the stream soo when someone who are sensitive to that stuff watches it they don't need to see/hear what was censored, you guys may also add an option for people to see what was censored but that is all up to you guys.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We should be able to Shadow ban people, just like reddit, imagine a world where trolls, haters etc gets to keep writing their nonsense in the twitch chat, not knowing they are banned and no one being able to see what they are typing:)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We should delete follower by ourselfs.

Maybe someone is getting follow-botted and twitch don't delete the bots, maybe someone banned him that he cant talk in chat anymore but still follow the channel and whatches but you dont want that.

You dont wan't that this person see you live.

We should have a option where we can delete the followers in our dashboard.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think there should be a button for when streamers are having a stroke or something the viewers can click the button. This button should send a confirmation to some twitch admins and if its true they click on approve. when they click on approve a signal is going out to the streamers local emergency service and they will respond to the emergency case.

a precondition to this is that you need to know the adress of the streamers what can be done be asking for the adress when creating a new account or when you implement it that existing…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add the ability to show only channels that are suitable for children. This way a kid can safely watch twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In light of recent events in which two individuals have been harassing and cyberstalking a number of Twitch streamers, myself included, it would be helpful to filter out alternative forms of profanity along with formats of phone numbers.

Specifically, I suggest the following be filtered/prohibited in username creation:

• bltch (with an "L" instead of an "i")
    • wh0re (with a "0" instead of an "o")
    • ########## (the typical format of including phone numbers in a username)

All three of these techniques have been used by internet trolls when creating multiple accounts to harass streamers and post their personal information.…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?