Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We have a tendency to see emotes be deleted as they might be deemed sexually suggestive.

If possible can we add a Mature Lock or Mature Wall for Emotes and that way those emotes can be unlocked by age verification (18+) .

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

43 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 8,217 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1096 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently, Follower Emotes can only be used in the channel they're for, while the user is followed to the channel. This means as a broadcaster, I have to decide between which emotes can't be used anywhere else, and which I can provide to followers to use in my channel without a subscription.

Ideally, it would be nice if subscribers to a channel would be able to use Follower Emotes anywhere on Twitch, as they currently use Subscriber Emotes. This would give an added benefit to subscribers, with additional emotes in other channels, while still allowing followers to use the selected…

979 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As PogChamp has been removed, honouring what Reckful did for twitch by making him a global emote in replacement for PogChamp would satisfy those who have been asking for a global emote since his passing and be a good new face for the emote.

2,137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The emote library is a great addition, thank you so much!

As an emote artist it would be great if Moderators and Editors had the ability to upload emotes and manage the live sets, to take the hassle out of handing over regular themed sets, managing replacements/updates, and allowing for more flexibility in switching out the set without having to load this responsibility all on the streamer.

362 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Emote Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Having the ability to unlock past pride emotes by watching someone in the LGBTQIA+ tag. Show your pride! Pride doesn't stop when the month is over it is a part of us.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The LUL emote is currently a picture of TotalBiscuit, who rose to fame as part of the harassment campaign against both cis and trans women known as GamerGate. TB has, among other things, told a trans woman to go die of cancer. While reality has a nice sense of irony and TB himself died of cancer back in 2018, his sexist legacy lives on in the form of Twitch putting him on the front page of the emotes list for everyone to see, including people like myself who have been on the receiving end of his cult following who literally…

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I’ve seen creators in the beta mention that they don’t have access to the emotes since you cannot follow yourself on Twitch. Therefore, the creator wouldn’t be able to use their own emotes in their community, as they are not a follower of the channel. Please allow creators to have access to those emotes too!!

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Thanks so much for flagging this. Streamers should have access to their follower emotes. Please have any streamer who doesn’t have access to their follower emotes reach out in this thread so we can investigate this further.

9. The new beta test of Follower Emotes is great - and look forward to seeing it widely implemented across the platform.

I think a great idea to help with the community aspect of emotes would be to designate ONE of those follow emotes as a 'raid emote'. Something that all followers could use when you raid a channel.

I recognize that the likely implementation would mean that one of the five follower emotes would then be usable across the platform... And that likely goes against the core concept of the follower emote test - but still worth considering!

220 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I love the idea of follower emotes! I think it's great way to thank people for supporting the channel and dropping a follow! Personally though I think it would be great if they could be used in all twitch channels though instead of just my own twitch chat. I have raid emotes/heart emotes which I use when raiding and it would be nice if all my followers could have access to these emotes and use these during a raid so they can all use them instead of it feeling as more of a sub only emote. Aside from that great…

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I think that it would be fun idea to give affiliates and partners the option to include gift sub emotes! It would be similar to bit emotes but after a certain amount of gift subs are given that gifter unlocks a new emote for that channel.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Instead of having to scroll past five other followed accounts emotes, the emotes for your channel would always appear first (at the top of the list) So if you want to use the emotes you’re proud to own, use them with ease!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give users the option to remove certain emotes so they don't show up in chat, like hiding all the Kpop emotes

609 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In a perfect world, everyone would be friends and get along. However for various reasons people sometimes leave communities they have earned bit emotes in. Then the bit emotes remain forever as a constant reminder. People should have the ability to remove bit emotes from certain streamers.

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, Follower emotes are only unlocked by 60 unique days of streaming within a 2-year period within the same Affiliation period. Using myself as an example, following the inaction on hate raids last year, I unaffiliated for a month or two as it was the only way I felt like I could get Support’s attention to the issue. Several streamers I know did the same in that period of time. I’ve since reaffiliated to give my regulars as many perks as I can for being in chat and subbing, which brought this Follower emote issue to my attention.

Regardless of…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This Emote is very popular in our little german community and we want it as an animated global emote so that everyone can use it.
    This emote stand for a crazy cat that is shaking and it is very often used if something exciting happens. (Actually you can use it every time, everywhere) :p
    Brr Brr Brr Cat --> https://ibb.co/LP64C7y

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please grant Partners' Lifetime Tier 3 bots access to our channel's bittie emotes, just as we (the streamer) have access to them all?

For those who don't know, Partners can allocate 3 x Lifetime Tier 3 subscriptions to bot accounts. These are useful for bots using all sub emotes for command responses, timer messages, but what about bit emotes?

Imagine this... your lifetime tier 3 bot is already responding to bitties, saying 'Thank you for cheering 100 bitties, with a total of 900 on my channel'

BUT you now have a timer message, like this, that goes off now and…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Each stream team can have 5 emotes and each one is unlocked by being a sub to a member of the team. Each new sub to a team member unlocks another emote. Collect all 5 and you unlock a 6th.

For example, if a creator joins a team that has a nice (animated?) raid emote, they can then move their raid emote out of a more prominent spot.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please unban the Copesen emote. It's an oxygen tank labelled "copium" which is an imaginary drug, making fun of forsen. Forsen likes to "cope" when he makes mistakes in the minecraft game by saying funny things like "unluckly", or "it's the game's fault". Copium is metaphor, a phyical representation of Forsen's own unwillingness to accept his mistakes. In other words, it's a self-deprecating joke.

It's probably the most popular emote in his chat these days, it's really quite funny. I think it's a bit silly to remove it due to "drugs/drug paraphernalia", because 1) it's not a real drug, it's…

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please remove the hypecreep emote.
    I have arachnophobia and I think I speak for all of us who have it that it creates unnecessary anxiety.
    I watch twitch to relieve anxiety and relax.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Hype Train Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?