Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8,032 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1072 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. As PogChamp has been removed, honouring what Reckful did for twitch by making him a global emote in replacement for PogChamp would satisfy those who have been asking for a global emote since his passing and be a good new face for the emote.

2,089 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please unban the Copesen emote. It's an oxygen tank labelled "copium" which is an imaginary drug, making fun of forsen. Forsen likes to "cope" when he makes mistakes in the minecraft game by saying funny things like "unluckly", or "it's the game's fault". Copium is metaphor, a phyical representation of Forsen's own unwillingness to accept his mistakes. In other words, it's a self-deprecating joke.

It's probably the most popular emote in his chat these days, it's really quite funny. I think it's a bit silly to remove it due to "drugs/drug paraphernalia", because 1) it's not a real drug, it's…

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please allow us to opt-out of events that gift emotes when another user takes an action. Many of the recent events (e.g. HyperScape, K-Pop, Hispanic Heritage Month, etc.) have emotes that I don't want or find offensive, but I have no choice on whether they're added to my emote list when another user subs or cheers.

I suggest a tick box on the pop-up that appears over a stream to let you know about a new event that lets you choose to not receive any of the event's emotes. Alternatively or in addition, a section of the settings that has…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can you add free emotes to affiliate channels? Having the emotes blocked behind a paywall can suck, especially if you're a small streamer who wants to have something special with their own community, even 1 additional free emote would be great instead of all of them being stuck behind tier subscriptions

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow viewers with a significant amount of channel points (min. 50k) to unlock a specific emote of the creator's choice indefinitely. This way, the emote can be utilized with consistency in views without having to be paid for. It'll enhance viewing to both the platform and the individual creators, and can be beneficiary to everyone.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Team Emotes

Once you are apart of a team there could be 1 or 3 emotes for the team (be it the teams Logo something unique ot the team) so you can use all over. support fellow team members in chat with the emote. also would promote awareness. i think this could add some life to the team system on Twitch

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Unlock permanent emote slots for those who gift subs (5/10/25 etc) and those who are subscribed to a channel for x-amount of time (3/6/9 months etc) just like how the bits emotes work.

It would give affiliates the opportunity for more emote slots to work with if they choose to upload anything there for them, and it also provides some reward to go with viewer generosity (at the minute, permanent emotes are a thing with bits alone and they're great, but there are no permanent unlocks for continuous support in subscribing/gifting subscribers to a channel. In fact, for gift subs,…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. as mentioned before. or just removed PogChamp forever to preserve the respect the emote deserves.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Just as it says in the title, I think creators would love to have the option to take away Tier 2 and 3 subs to add two more emotes to Tier 1 subs. In my case, I’ve maybe had someone tier 2/3 to me 2-3 times each over the course of my 3 years of being an Affiliate. It’s only usually just once out of the blue, never continuous.

For my stream, I would rather add two more emotes to my first tier, totaling it to a maximum of 7 instead of 5 (for Affiliates) than have a tier 2…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. As Affiliates we only get access to a few emotes so we, or at least I, like to switch them out every now and then to give subs more options. I never had to much of a problem doing that but lately the waits have been more then 2 weeks just to get one emote approved, which I think is a little much.

So if there isn't a way to approve emotes faster can there be a way to auto approve emotes for affiliates? Or maybe some way we can submit a bunch of emotes for approval just to have…

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please give us more emote slots for people who gift subs to a channel! It's unfair that giving bits gives a user emotes, but people who prefer gifting subs, get nothing.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How about "legacy" emote slots?

If you have subbed for a year = you get an extra emote, 2years = a second emote etc.

You unlock them by either having a streak of 1 year/ 2 years etc (and then the user can keep using them even if they aren't subbed anymore. Just like unlocked bit emotes that stick with the user.)

Or unlock by being (with breaks, but in total) subbed 1 year/ 2 year etc and only get access to the emote when you are subbed.

Would be a cool reward for long time supporters.

Original idea by…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I see someone has touched on this already, however, I feel it worth reiterating that it would be beneficial to delete emotes or blacklist them from appearing on autocomplete when users type : (colon) to start typing for their emotes.

Deleting emotes: it would be nice to be able to go through individual emotes and delete them on a case by case basis. For example, particular Hyperscape or Hype train emotes that just aren't appealing to a particular user.

Blacklisting emotes on autocomplete: a suitable solution for many people would be to simply make it so that certain emotes don't…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It would be nice, if the minimum emote size for emotes would increase from 28p x 28p (56p x 56p,112p x 112p) to 32p x 32p (64p x 64p, 128p x 128p).
    I think a minor change in size like this one, would make details easier to see and gives artists a lot more room to work with, to make emotes even higher in quality without bloating the chat too much.
    This would enhance the chat experience on Twitch to an even higher level.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. There has been a lot of drama and harm spawning from this new system for the PogChamp emote so far so I have a suggestion:

Stop micro-managing and just give us the tools to choose ourselves.
    Take a lesson from BTTV and allow us to choose channel specific global emotes instead. All drama about this should vanish.

• Give every affiliate and partnered channels a certain amount of custom Global emotes.

• Normal channels should get at least a minimum number of slots for the most important ones like Pog, Hype, Rip, Love/Heart.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give an option for the Creator to free up their tier 1 emotes for use only on his/her chat to their mods or mods and vips as a treat for their work/fidelity on watching streams.

Many streamers would like to give their bot (who is usually a mod) to message on chat their emotes. And they may also want to give more benefits to their VIPs as well.

So giving an option for they using the stream's emotes only on the stream's chat for free could be a nice thing to do.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. What a magnificent kitty, may he live of through us, the community.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice if the lesbian flag emote was changed, as the current one being used has transphobic and lesphobic backgrounds. if you search lesbain flag, the new, more inclusive one should be there so that you have reference. it has shades of orange on the top.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow the modified emotes (redeemed with points OR with tiered subs) usable on emote only chat...
    Because modifier emotes are emotes.. right ?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?