Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

427 results found

1. Allow us to give Emotes multiple names in the library e.g. slashi20Love and slashi20Heart both point to the same emote. This would be more convenient for viewers searching via a suffix, allows more consistency across streams, and means streamers don't have to pick between relevant keywords and don't have to eschew community references (say someone in the community once wrote [prefix]Huppy instead of Happy? Well now both Huppy and Happy will result in the emote) when naming emotes.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The new beta test of Follower Emotes is great - and look forward to seeing it widely implemented across the platform.

I think a great idea to help with the community aspect of emotes would be to designate ONE of those follow emotes as a 'raid emote'. Something that all followers could use when you raid a channel.

I recognize that the likely implementation would mean that one of the five follower emotes would then be usable across the platform... And that likely goes against the core concept of the follower emote test - but still worth considering!

256 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow the Accounts that have emotes attributed to to use those emotes globally.
    A huge Part of the chat environment is the emotes that are used by chatters all over twitch in every facet, there is even a "Emote Only" chat mode. The artists who create these emotes are generally paid one time a sum between $5-50 depending on complexities etc. yet the subscription required to use those emotes is $4.99/month. This means that for an artist to showcase their emotes they have to pay for the privilege to the extent that no matter what they will eventually be negative…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Seeing your own usage is relatively useless and actually hurts your ability to judge how popular emotes are amongst your community.

Optional: be able to set a list of accounts to ignore as well!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In a perfect world, everyone would be friends and get along. However for various reasons people sometimes leave communities they have earned bit emotes in. Then the bit emotes remain forever as a constant reminder. People should have the ability to remove bit emotes from certain streamers.

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Members of a stream team get a custom badge in chat.

160 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am a Twitch Partner. I spend a lot of time in people's twitch chats. I like to donate subs and bits to them. The problem is, when I do so, my partner badge gets yanked away from me and replaced with a bit progress or sub gift badge. I then need to go into my chat identity and reinstate my partner badge in that chat in order to keep the appearance that I am better than others.

I would like a setting that allows me to maintain my prowess as a partner in chat regardless of whether or not…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think of the option to make badges for special events or special users available.
    Like: persons, who always play games on stream
    or for me it would be great to have a badge to honor the person who'll win a quiz or something
    So choose a badge, name it and give it to a specific user (group).
    Like "supporter of the year 2021" you name it

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Instead of having to scroll past five other followed accounts emotes, the emotes for your channel would always appear first (at the top of the list) So if you want to use the emotes you’re proud to own, use them with ease!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can you please make it so if someone loses a founder badge they can still earn it again in the future ?

I had a mishap in my channel, and twitch support there is no way to fix it. I removed a (Deactivated) Founder thinking it was an old inactive user, but it was actually my longest sub and one of my most active viewers (They had a small suspension on twitch and showed up as Deactivated). A complete mistake on my part, but having it be permanent seems out of place and leaves creators no control over situations like…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I love the idea of follower emotes! I think it's great way to thank people for supporting the channel and dropping a follow! Personally though I think it would be great if they could be used in all twitch channels though instead of just my own twitch chat. I have raid emotes/heart emotes which I use when raiding and it would be nice if all my followers could have access to these emotes and use these during a raid so they can all use them instead of it feeling as more of a sub only emote. Aside from that great…

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, Follower emotes are only unlocked by 60 unique days of streaming within a 2-year period within the same Affiliation period. Using myself as an example, following the inaction on hate raids last year, I unaffiliated for a month or two as it was the only way I felt like I could get Support’s attention to the issue. Several streamers I know did the same in that period of time. I’ve since reaffiliated to give my regulars as many perks as I can for being in chat and subbing, which brought this Follower emote issue to my attention.

Regardless of…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give users the option to remove certain emotes so they don't show up in chat, like hiding all the Kpop emotes

691 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please grant Partners' Lifetime Tier 3 bots access to our channel's bittie emotes, just as we (the streamer) have access to them all?

For those who don't know, Partners can allocate 3 x Lifetime Tier 3 subscriptions to bot accounts. These are useful for bots using all sub emotes for command responses, timer messages, but what about bit emotes?

Imagine this... your lifetime tier 3 bot is already responding to bitties, saying 'Thank you for cheering 100 bitties, with a total of 900 on my channel'

BUT you now have a timer message, like this, that goes off now and…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a lot of emotes on my channel and everytime I want to write a message, I struggle to find the one I want to use. They switch places all the time.
    We need them to have a static order.

I think it should be:
    1) Follower emotes
    2) T1 emotes
    3) T2 emotes
    4) T3 emotes
    5) T1 animated emotes
    6) Bits emotes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This Emote is very popular in our little german community and we want it as an animated global emote so that everyone can use it.
    This emote stand for a crazy cat that is shaking and it is very often used if something exciting happens. (Actually you can use it every time, everywhere) :p
    Brr Brr Brr Cat --> https://ibb.co/LP64C7y

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When there is a hype train it blocks the top of the emote tray and I can't see the upper rows of emotes. It doesn't help that I can't click away the hype train.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Each stream team can have 5 emotes and each one is unlocked by being a sub to a member of the team. Each new sub to a team member unlocks another emote. Collect all 5 and you unlock a 6th.

For example, if a creator joins a team that has a nice (animated?) raid emote, they can then move their raid emote out of a more prominent spot.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We could Make an option to have a favorites emotes and not just frequently used. When on mobile it is a pain trying find an emote when you can’t search for them.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dear Twitch,
    I'm writing this message to give a suggestion regarding Affiliates being able to regain instant uploader eligibility after losing it from an emote being denied.
    Wanting to create Follower Emotes, I discovered that this feature was disabled for me because a while back, I had an emote design denied because it included a cross icon over a blue button (made to look like a video game controller). Unfortunately, it was interpreted as the letter X, which broke the Rules and Guidelines for emote designs ("emotes containing a single letter in the graphic").
    To regain instant uploader eligibility, I've…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?