Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be nice for affiliates and partners to receive one extra emote slot per active(!) year streamed. If certain criteria are met, a streamer unlocks an emote slot. This way it offers a loyalty reward for the creator and is not easily obtained and also takes a long time to unlock. When a streamer takes a long break, they will not be eligable for an extra emote slot for that year, but they can try again the next streamed year. That way it becomes a bit more exclusive but a nice reward for consistenct creation on the platform.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 is way to big of a number to instantly unlock upon following.

It completely disincentives' the need to sub. I feel like a much better system would be max 3 emotes that unlock over time. For Ex: 10 mins- 6 hours- 24 hours following. In addition to this, if they're only usable in my channel, I may as well continue using BTTV / FFZ and encouraging users to install the browser add on.

A suggestion i saw made by a friend was that three would be perfect. FOR EXAMPLE: Hello, Love/Hype, and a Raid emote. Combine this with the…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. the follower emotes are not showing on the Twitch mobile app

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hello,

As a Twitch Partner getting access to Animated Emotes or .gif Emotes today (6/17/2021) was fantastic. One huge draw that I noticed is that this does not incentivize any subscriber to subscribe at Tier 2 or Tier 3 anymore.

Subscribers now have the most benefits at Tier 1 when all 5 of these slots are placed there.

I would love the opportunity to improve on Sub Emotes by having the ability to move these slots to reward subscribers who donate at a higher tier. This way Subscribers at Tier 2+ do not feel left out. For example: If I…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Just like the other pride emotes, but with the aromantic design instead (because I want to show my pride but I can't since it is not available)

322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please give us more emote slots for people who gift subs to a channel! It's unfair that giving bits gives a user emotes, but people who prefer gifting subs, get nothing.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add more Creators/Channels to the BETA Testing of the Follower Emotes. That way you can get more input over the next few months, and potentially avoid any issues that may or may not happen when the emote options go live site-wide. I have YET to even find or follow a channel that has the follower emotes available. We can't give out accurate opinions on the idea when so few channels have the option. Plus it will give more creators freedom of expression, test twitch's servers as it gradually increases the amount of channels using them, and make lots of emote…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. It seems that my twitch subscribers are unable to access the follower emotes. Im not sure if this is designed or a bug though. If viewers are disincentivized to sub since they have 5 free emotes and would lose them to gain the sub emotes, that's not ideal for anyone! Would love some clarification on this - Thanks!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There needs to be a possibility to search sub emotes by emote code. Previously twitchemotes.com offered that functionality but that got removed.

Being able to search for sub emotes by their code (for example when you need a new "Frustrated"-emote because this feature not existing frustrates you) helps viewers find emotes they like and can help especially smaller streamers who might stay undiscovered otherwise to get brand new subscribers.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emote Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Followers already have an ability to use emotes by using channel points in channels they actively engage in. This feature I feel would clutter an already hard to navigate emote viewer. It also makes it so people would just follow for an emote and not engage with the streamer or their content. I feel the channel point redemption for using emotes is good enough for this as it encourages viewer engagement with the channel in order to use them.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. https://www.change.org/twitchpride a petition to add more pride hearts to twitch's global emote library :)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please give us the option to hide/remove bit emotes that we've earned from streamers we have supported in the past, but no longer do. It can be upsetting for the individual to see these emotes.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow viewers with a significant amount of channel points (min. 50k) to unlock a specific emote of the creator's choice indefinitely. This way, the emote can be utilized with consistency in views without having to be paid for. It'll enhance viewing to both the platform and the individual creators, and can be beneficiary to everyone.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Team Emotes

Once you are apart of a team there could be 1 or 3 emotes for the team (be it the teams Logo something unique ot the team) so you can use all over. support fellow team members in chat with the emote. also would promote awareness. i think this could add some life to the team system on Twitch

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The introduction of follower emotes is great but as other people have suggested it forces a hard cut between where emote can be used. In addition to suggestions like "Allow subscribers to use follower emotes everywhere" I would like to add the following idea:

Allow 1 emote to be assigned as a "raid emote" usable by followers and subs alike, but usable across all of twitch.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unlock permanent emote slots for those who gift subs (5/10/25 etc) and those who are subscribed to a channel for x-amount of time (3/6/9 months etc) just like how the bits emotes work.

It would give affiliates the opportunity for more emote slots to work with if they choose to upload anything there for them, and it also provides some reward to go with viewer generosity (at the minute, permanent emotes are a thing with bits alone and they're great, but there are no permanent unlocks for continuous support in subscribing/gifting subscribers to a channel. In fact, for gift subs,…

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow people who have a difficult time reaching affiliate enjoy emotes by allowing everyone access to the follower only emotes, once fully rolled out. It would allow for something special for them to share within their streams even while not affiliate.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have an option client side so the viewer can choose to only have an animated emote animate, when the mouse is over it.

Could help with emote spam as well as those who are sensitive.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When hovering over an emote in chat I would love to see listed information for the artist it was created by and their social media/ contact info.
    For that info to be easily clicked on to open new tabs to their Twitch channel and to their art social media/ contact info.

Also showing the emote at the largest size to see the emote's art more clearly, the emote's name, and the streamer's channel that it is uploaded to with that being clickable opening a new tab there.

I feel that emotes are a large part of Twitch and it's difficult…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Currently, Twitch subs can utilize their sub emotes on Discord via the integration sync however that feature is not available to Bit Tier Emotes.
    Make it so users that unlock the Bit tier emotes to unlock them on discord as well.
    Many prefer to utilize and show off Sub emotes on Discord as the emotes display at 32x32p instead of the 28x28p that Twitch uses.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?