Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Last year's PrideHeartL and PrideHeartR from Pride month are some of the best emotes the site has done. They should be brought back for full time global status.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I've noticed over my past while on twitch that there are pride emotes which is awesome. but ive noticed there is one missing, the gay one. the rainbow flag is now more used as a general lgbtq flag. there is a flag specifically for gay people which i feel should be added. here is a link to the flag https://imgur.com/a/SecDilX

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hey crew.. Just a lil suggestion / request. but i was wondering if with the global emotes that we can access if we could have the different colour ribbons for different health conditions. like for example i suffer mental health issues. and i have a green ribbon in support. just something that would be cool. thanks Deano

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When typing twitch emotes, the emote previewer has caused my chat window to be much slower and when copy/pasting emotes it regularly causes the window to freeze. This should either be removed or an option to disable the emote preview should be added. I have found zero value and have only negative emotion toward the emote preview feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am very happy to see this experiment and to have been included.
    Love to see the breakdown of everything!

It would be a lot easier to analyze all of the wonderful data if it wasn't restricted to 10 lines per page. A dedicated section on the Emotes Page would be the most suitable location so that more information can be displayed at once.

I would also really like to see a 3rd option added that combines "Within Channel" and "Outside Channel" together so that we can see the data across the entire platform.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emote Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please give us more emote slots for people who gift subs to a channel! It's unfair that giving bits gives a user emotes, but people who prefer gifting subs, get nothing.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think it would be so nice, if the minimum emote size for emotes would increase from 28, 56, 112px to 32, 64, 128px, for example.

It would increase the quality of the emotes, making detailed emotes more noticeable and it would be easier for emote artist to work on them.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Emote Analytics is AWESOME, first off. Sincerely, thank you.

It's a bit weird having the modified versions listed separately though, and makes it a little difficult to determine which emotes are overall underperforming as the modified usages clutter up the bottom of the listing.

I suggest rolling the modified usage numbers into the main emote's, and being able to click on an emote to expand a sub-list breakdown showing normal vs each modifier usage. This would simplify the list and provide a more realistic picture of overall emote usage, but still allow access to that data for edge-cases (like determining…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 5 is way to big of a number to instantly unlock upon following.

It completely disincentives' the need to sub. I feel like a much better system would be max 3 emotes that unlock over time. For Ex: 10 mins- 6 hours- 24 hours following. In addition to this, if they're only usable in my channel, I may as well continue using BTTV / FFZ and encouraging users to install the browser add on.

A suggestion i saw made by a friend was that three would be perfect. FOR EXAMPLE: Hello, Love/Hype, and a Raid emote. Combine this with the…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Twitch seems to be so ardent on making "safe spaces" for everyone, except if you are an American or a resident of the American South. Even if they can't say slurs anymore, streamers/chatters have become hyper-focused in spewing random hate towards the accepted stereotypes. This is awful when you try to watch a stream, like Vargskelethor's for example, since Joel can't say funny slurs like it's 2010 anymore he just goes on about "dumb American hillbillies hehehe". Only one example, it is rampant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For convenience i think you should be able to edit your emote from the library rather than having to delete it and reupload it

Some examples include
    • Changing the name of the emote
    • Changing the emote but not the name (maybe you recommissioned it or redrew it)
    • Changing the portrait of an animated emote
    • Changing the "easy animate" of an animated emote

Depending on the change the emote could go to revision if instant upload has not been unlocked, this deletes the process of having to delete an emote for a minor edit

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emote Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. REINSTATE instant upload and follower emotes after suspension. 60 days of reformed streaming and no intention to have a violation again should be enough to gain instant upload back. The requirements are clear but you contradict them saying if you have a suspension you lose all privileges? This is a slap in the face to those who are false reported. It’s a slap to anyone who has an emote wrongly removed.

After 60 days of no infractions affiliates should be allowed to instant upload and have follower emotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We need new set of Hype Train emotes more often than now. Current ones have been up 7 months already. Also the harder to get Bonus Emotes should be animated type. Like others suggested before, if refresh is this slow an option to backfill from earlier sets should be added.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Train Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Would love for there to be analytics available to those who are emote attributers. For example:

How many emotes have been attributed to you.
    Total Usage across twitch.
    Most popular emote.

Would be very beneficial to those who make emotes for users and want more insight! Absolutely love the new attribution feature <3

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, Twitch subs can utilize their sub emotes on Discord via the integration sync however that feature is not available to Bit Tier Emotes.
    Make it so users that unlock the Bit tier emotes to unlock them on discord as well.
    Many prefer to utilize and show off Sub emotes on Discord as the emotes display at 32x32p instead of the 28x28p that Twitch uses.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I disabled animated emotes in live chat, it works on live chat, but on VOD, I see animated emotes on chat.
    I would like to have the same preferences on the animated emotes in VOD chat as a live chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As title suggests, others can use my channel's emotes, but if I try and use it, it only comes out as text. It's not just my perspective either; other users see in chat the name of the emote, not the actual emote "e.g. 'itsnuc2FlowerSpin' instead of the animated emote" ... very odd bug!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In a recent event people were able to get Pride Emotes which should show that no one should get "left behind" and accepted. Well.. because of not everyone is or was able to get it there should be an option to get them. I already asked people about it and we discussed a bit. They would pay for the pride emotes. I would too. Because they're awesome. Ye, they are Event Emotes. But do you really want to "ban out" people from having them just because of they wasn't aware of these emotes? And do you really want to not…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be great to be able to assign some of the animated slots to particular emote slots. For example I would love to make both my Tier 2 and Tier 3 emote slots animated as I find that would make the added cost more desirable for viewers. Perhaps making all of the slots possible to be animated or static (up to whatever the total number of animated slots you have unlocked is).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think even more emote slots AND animate emote slots for affiliates would be amazing. The imbalance between partner and affiliate makes growth so much harder for affiliates. Also specifically allow affiliates to have more emotes and tier 2 and 3. These tiers are virtually unappealing to the majority of viewers, I think more emote slots and even a couple tier 2 and 3 animated emotes for affiliates would be great.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?