Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. While 5 animated emote slots are great, more slots are even greater! Let us unlock more slots while progressing in sub points similar to the current emote unlock system.

Maybe start with an additional slot at 100 sub points. Next at 250, 500, 1000, 2500 etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There has been a lot of drama and harm spawning from this new system for the PogChamp emote so far so I have a suggestion:

Stop micro-managing and just give us the tools to choose ourselves.
    Take a lesson from BTTV and allow us to choose channel specific global emotes instead. All drama about this should vanish.

• Give every affiliate and partnered channels a certain amount of custom Global emotes.
    • Normal channels should get at least a minimum number of slots for the most important ones like Pog, Hype, Rip, Love/Heart.
    12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. What a magnificent kitty, may he live of through us, the community.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I think the Emote Library is a fantastic idea. However, it has ruined my ability to upload emotes. The upload limit is current 2 times the amount of sub emote slots you have, plus 10. So for an affiliate that has all 5 of their tier 1 emote slots unlocked, they would have an upload limit of 24 (Five tier 1, one tier 2, and one tier 3 for a total of 7, times 2 is 14, plus 10 is 24). The issue is that this doesn't factor in bit emote slots at all. And I have 21 bit emote…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I like that there are many different ways to get emotes, it allows me as a smaller streamer to give more motes to the community. However I was thinking maybe just like you get emotes for bit-donations, why not make it possible to get unique emotes for sub-gifters? like an emote at 1, 5, 10 sub gifts, maybe higher.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pretty self explanatory, really. I feel we as emote artists should have optional access to the work we provide for streamers via commissions. What better way than to allow streamers to manually link an emote artists channel to the respective emotes drawn from them. That way the emotes can be enjoyed regardless of Tier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sometimes things go wrong and you want to block a streamer. It's unpleasant then to continue to see their emotes you'd earned (bit emotes, etc) in your emote picker for all eternity. Please allow for a way to block emotes from the emote picker.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hey twitch why are you adding this to a streaming website this has no purpose being here. No one here wants to load up twitch and want to spam that emote in a chat, people use twitch to watch streamers. I'm Hispanic and to see only BLM on there and not any other race on there ****** me off. You can't just cherry pick the race that matters when everyone is equal. Remove this emote from twitch or add one for every race. This is completely uncalled for and just tarnishes your name for bowing down to this. Once more…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. As a member of the LGBTQA+ community, I feel it’s needed that you update the LGBTQA+ emotes, as for the lesbian flag needs to be changed to the new lesbian flag, and more flags need to be added, such as the Omni ****** flag, poly ****** flag, Demiboy flag, Demigirl flag, Demi ****** flag, agender flag, genderqueer flag, and many more

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When putting the Hype Train Emotes on the Help pages, could you add an image map so that hovering over each icon will give its chat phrase. This would allow people the option to type each one into chat to work out what ones they do or don't have without trying to look at the smaller icons in chat interface.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Train Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow the modified emotes (redeemed with points OR with tiered subs) usable on emote only chat...
    Because modifier emotes are emotes.. right ?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I’m kind of surprised following the recent rollout of the emote library that there is no way to rename an emote once it’s been uploaded.

Surely a large part of the point of this being implemented was so if someone had festive versions of their emotes for example, they could be uploaded (and where necessary approved) in advance and swapped with the normal version temporarily. As it stands the emote library just provides a quick way to move emotes between sub tiers or follower / bit emote slots

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There is a certain amount of global emotes, devoted to the different sexual orientations pride.
    So why shouldn't heterosexual pride emote exist? People of different sexual orientations can express themselves with the help of global emotes in chat, so why can't I and other straight people express ourselves too?
    With the great feeling of respect to people of all races, age, sexual orientation and social status, I feel, that my proposal is reasonable.
    This would be fair.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Just like lgbtqa+ flags, but instead of sexuality flags country flags

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I saw Twitch use my emote "KomodoChomp" that I uploaded to bttv last year to showcase their new sub animated emote feature. Which was cool even though I didn't give them permission to do so.. (I don't own the rights to the images in the emote so I don't care). If twitch ever decides to add Global Animated Emotes to the platform in the future, they have my full endorsement to add KomodoChomp to the roster :) https://betterttv.com/emotes/5f3296d9afb6965d6e7b70a4

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I understand that Having More than 5 emotes for a Tier 1 Subscription is a Twitch Partner benefit. Us non Partnered Streamers ( Affiliate) go through the stress of picking and making the perfect emotes. So, often than not a streamer would have to remove an emote that a part of his or her community enjoys cause the Majority Likes Other Emotes More. It's certain that a portion of people won't Subscribe to a Streamer because they are not fond of their emotes. Solution to this is to let Affiliates upload more than 5 emotes for Tier 1. But the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Is the Kreygasm emote really appropriate for a website that allows us to report "inappropriate" / "sexually suggestive" content?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. hello, i have been active on twitch for years now and i have never experienced as or more disturbing usage of an emote/emoji than the anele emote on your platform and in the whole internet and i am sure that many people feel the same, the emote is constantly being used in negative and prejudice manners, for example in 2018 there was an abandoned category on the many categories on twitch and toxic communities have had used to it for media that arent allowed on twitch like streaming movies, **** films, and extremely disturbing gore videos and one of them…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. hello, i have been active on twitch for years now and i have never experienced as or more disturbing usage of an emote/emoji than the anele emote on your platform and in the whole internet and i am sure that many people feel the same, the emote is constantly being used in negative and prejudice manners, for example in 2018 there was an abandoned category on the many categories on twitch and toxic communities have had used to it for media that arent allowed on twitch like streaming movies, **** films, and extremely disturbing gore videos and one of them…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I feel as a small streamer we dont get enough emote slots.
    The 5 you unlock for 50 Subs, and the 2 extra for the Tier 2 and 3.
    I feel like 10 emote slots would be a good fit for a affiliate streamer.

Not everyone gets partnered and i feel the emote slots are a bit unbalanced.

Of course this is how i see it. There could be a reason that i am not aware of.
    But i feel with the recent changes smaller streamers arent really getting a chance.

I really feel like 10 (2 being the other…

199 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?