Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creator Dashboard

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creator Dashboard

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

91 results found

1. I get that the original idea of VIP badges was to recognize valuable members of a streamer's community, but the actual use of it is different in many cases and it is instead often used to give the streamer a better way to recognize users of a certain significance in chat.
    While that may often also include valuable community members, the main use is often to highlight real life friends, acquaintances, family members, other streamers, ... and more.

The problem with that is the limit of 100 VIP slots that is reached at the highest level, and while that might…

768 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A channel editor is probably the biggest role any streamer can give a person, but the channel editor can't do as much as they should be allowed to do. A channel editor should be able to do more than just create highlights, run commercials,etc. When a person is promoted to a channel editor, that means the streamer gives them their ultimate trust. So what should an editor be able to do, but can't at this current time? Here are some ideas:

• Moderate the moderators | Just as any other broadcaster can, a channel editor should be allowed to purge/timeout/ban moderators…

700 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  83 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. So each streamer would be allowed to set one person in their stream "SUPER MOD" this person has more permissions than normal mods. For example the SUPER MOD would be allowed to mod and demod people from the stream. Another could be the "SUPER MOD" gets a different badge to make them stand out to the people in chat. Also maybe that super mod gets a permanent subscription for that channel. I'm sure there are alot more ways of making this a better idea that i just haven't though of however i think it would actually be a good thing…

312 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. TL: DR

Instead of giving someone "editor" or "mod" as a role. Let us give custom permissions to users. (optionally)

Long story.

As someone who has been working on many services/servers like domain servers and game servers like Minecraft Where permission is always a big thing for "users". I would love to see the same here.

Being able to optionally give custom permission instead of roles or rather to expand on the current roles would be great! As there are only 2 roles currently.

:(

For example, I do don’t mind if mods can change the title. However, the permission…

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Being able to personalize moderator and VIP badges could be a great addition to give originality to the channels and with the logos related to their channel.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently users can be given the role of either Editor or Moderator. These roles either give too much permission (editor role), too little permission (moderator) or don't provide permission for certain things at all.

I would propose updated roles (including new ones) that would give streamers more freedom and ease in choosing people in helping them manage their channel.

New roles:

• Stream Manager/Admin: same as current Editor permissions (replace current Editor role - rename)

• Editor: upload videos, download past VODs, reviewing, searching, sorting, and deleting (including mass deleting) clips, setting channel clipping permissions, ability to add markers and all the…

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As an editor, I want a tool to mute audio portions on VODs & still let them expire over time.
    It would be fantastic if I could go back to VODs and mute small portions for privacy if someone slips on a real name or too specific personal information or someone on their voice chat says something inappropriate that violates the rules.
    I don't want to highlight the entire video all around it in different portions to save it & lose visual content.
    It's an epic pain to have to download the entire VOD, mute it in my own software,…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Maybe a idea to give people with the editor role more permissions in a Twitch channel? For example edit emotes, change pannels, change banner etc. So a editor can support the streamer by changing things like that. Or make a different role for that. Because as a designer i always need to send the designs to the streamer and alot of streamers are busy with other stuff like there community etc.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Channel editors already have the ability to edit nearly all stream info, such as title, category, and tags, but they cannot edit the Go Live Notification. When editors are preparing a channel before a stream, they should be able to customize this part of the stream info as well.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I want to be able to mod some people because they are in my stream alot and therefore are most suitable for modding in order to quickly timeout/ban trolls. However, sometimes they don't realise when they say problematic things. But I have a few mods already who know this difference and could delete their comments if there were a main mod role and a minimod role with the only difference being that the main mods have the power to mod the minimods.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Editors should be able to delete clips from the link, not just the clip manager, just like the broadcaster can.

If you are an editor for a streamer who gets several thousand clips per stream, deleting old clips becomes a very painful experience scrolling in a list that only displays a small amount of clips at a time with no search option.

Deleting a clip that is several months old would take hours scrolling in one list making it unfeasible and the streamer themselves have to delete the clip from the link, because only they can do it easily.

I…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Instead of limiting the Editor and Mod permissions behind a template of permissions, set up as system similar to Discord, where you can toggle permissions on and off, to allow for more flexibility between Mods and Editors.
    Example: Giving a Mod access to directly edit stream info (Title, Category, Tags) without accessing VODs, Clips or Panels. This will allow Moderators to assist the streamer further, without risking letting them access higher level permissions.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be really nice if Channel Editors could also edit channel points and create new ones, etc.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As an editor you can go on a past broadcast's page and delete it directly with the options menu, i would like for it to be the same with clips.
    You could even add a specific button to do that exactly how we can download Clips directly right now.

It would be useful when a viewer shares a link to a clip that we want to delete but have no way of finding it in the clip manager with the link.

Screenshots : https://imgur.com/a/to7XESV

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Channel Mods should be able to delete clips created by other non mod viewers.
    This could help out to delete clips which are inappropriate to the context or content created by the broadcaster

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Most streamers already have their main mods with which they communicate. Also often in big streams, streamers dont know all users in chat and who is who(does user adequate or how long user here). So i suggest if streamer wants he can create one main moderator in channel, that can mod(or unmod) other user.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Minor idea to add to improved editor access that I've seen marked as "planned", but in situations during streams where users may spam channel point requests or it becomes apparent that a different cooldown time/limit is needed, it would be very helpful to have the option as editor to change the channel point settings and prevent spam/refund situations instead of having to wait until the streamer has time to modify the settings.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Editors are an important part of a content creator's team. Mods with an editor role should be able to see one another's stream markers when highlighting VODs. Editing and moderating is a team effort and this would greatly facilitate our ability to work together.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. my streamer specifically upgraded me to editor so I can make custom stream rewards for her because she was having a hard time with it. however I STILL cannot edit her stream rewards to her specification with mod and editor permissions. what gives?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The streamer should be the possibility to promote a mod to a "statistics analyst".

Statistics analysts are a rare role (1,2,3 persons, maybe more for partner) which have FULL access to every statistics except the payment statistics.

So streams can be analyzed easily by the statistics analysts to give useful hints and tips to repeat successful shows.
    Otherwise games can recognized easily where the viewer count is lower than usual.

Dont want to use external websites like sullygnome, twitchtracker or similar sites for that when twitch HAS the functionalilty already.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?