Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creator Dashboard

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creator Dashboard

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

78 results found

1. I've been using the alert system for about a week now on my partnered channel and I've run into a number of serious bugs with it. Many of these stop use of the alerting system entirely or make it cumbersome to use. Trying to go through the ticketing system directed me here. Because of these issues I cannot use the alert system until they are resolved as it breaks the stream entirely.

Skip Alert randomly stops functioning for hours at a time. - There doesn't seem to be a reason for this and it cannot be fixed on the users…

453 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We have added in the ability to configure and manage Alerts directly within your Creator Dashboard here on Twitch. You can use them in tandem with the alerts you love and already have set up with your third-party broadcasting software; however, we've expanded our system to offer not just classic alerts like subs, follows and cheering, but also Alerts for hype trains, raids, goals, and charity. On top of this, we've added brand new features like Interactive Resubs, which can be tailored to provide different visual and audio options for users to pick when sharing their resub anniversary message. We've…

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

230 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Ana responded

Hi again all,

We have another update regarding Twitch’s Alerts. Now, you can set up integrations with Streamlabs, Throne, Crowd Control, and StreamElements, to bring select third-party events they provide to your Activity Feed to help you recognize all the additional ways your community supports you (such as through tipping, merch purchases, etc.).

Help highlight your community’s contributions and celebrate them all in one place, with your own flair by tapping into the customization options for your Alerts in the Creator Dashboard.

This is just the beginning! We'd love to hear what other third party streaming tools you'd like deeper Twitch integrations with, please share them with us via link.twitch.tv/UVAlerts or http://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/924712/suggestions/47507177.

3. Please add the ability to have a random alert play if multiple alerts match the parameters. For instance, setting up 3 variants for follow alerts, and a random one of those will play.
    Currently variants are listed in priority order, so only the top one will ever play.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Being able to allow Editor access to the new Twitch Alerts system would be huge. This will help manage the feature and fix this up without locking it all to the streamers workflow alone.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I appareciate currently there is no option for custom javascript due to security however third parties seem to not have an issue offering the ability for custom HTML, CSS and Javascript.

It would be great to have the ability to add custom javascript so developers can create more complex alerts directly within twitch. This also would be beneficial to people who wish to use packages from Nerd Or Die or another overlay designer/provider.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sometimes I want to follow someone right there and then, but I don't want an alert which will give me unwanted attention. Is it possible to allow follows but give no notification of any kind to the streamer until their stream has ended.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  1 comment  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. with the new update, you let us add throne alerts, i would love it if you could include ko-fi intergrations

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The new alerts feature on the Twitch dashboard is fantastic! But it's missing one super important alert and that's PayPal "tips" or "donations". Almost every streamer on Twitch uses PayPal as a way for their community to support them. Not having this alert available means that almost every streamer will still have to use a third-party website for donation alerts through PayPal.

My request is to add paypal alerts to this new feature so that every alert can be used by streamers. It will make things so much easier and further reduce a new streamer's barrier of entry.

Also, if…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add the ability to include fourthwall integrations like you have throne alerts

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'd like to be able to temporarily pause alerts. Upon starting after paused, either the missed alerts should be queued up so they are still shown, or we should be able to play them ourselves from the dashboard (like every alert-worthy thing has an option to be played manually)

Also, the ability to skip an alert (especially when tts is on) would be great from a moderation perspective.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hey, the recent updates providing built-in alert overlays within Twitch are really nice! Are you considering more options including a chat box feature?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would be nice to have a widget that displays chat :)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I love the new "viewer choose the image/sound" feature but I would prefer if I could choose which alerts allow it to be triggered!

Ex.: Have it being triggered only for 6 and 12 months as a special reward for reaching the milestone OR have it triggered after a certain amount of months has been reached

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. we dont have alert when we cant have obs because of streaming on a ps5

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

15. I would like to keep playing a video throughout the hype train informing people that I am on the hype train.
    For example, we want viewers to enjoy the viewer hype train by continuing to play the animation of the train running during the hype train.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. With the new Twitch Alerts, it seems that the only option is to have the alert sound play, and then the TTS play. This can needlessly prolong the notification and take away from the experience.

I would like to have the ability to have the TTS start as soon as notification sound starts, so that it can speak over top of the sound.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When filtering the Activity Feed to Alerts, mods are greeted with a grey box and mods can't access the control for Twitch Alerts. Allowing this will help the streamer not worry about Hype Chats or other nefarious actions from showing on the stream

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I was hit with a copyright violation for Long Ride Home (Extended) by O7W, which Epic claimed was created by A.I.

U.S. courts have ruled that A.I. created media cannot be copyrighted.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have some channel point rewards that trigger a webm video to play, but they almost never work on the first redemption. I'm unable to preload the assets using custom HTML (the line of code gets deleted upon saving changes) so my only option is to send a test alert for each one after i start OBS, before starting stream.

Using a webm video and a separate mp3 for audio will trigger the audio but not the video on first redemption.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. You cannot create more than one alert in the channel points section, if you delete the alert, you cannot create a new one.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?