Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

882 results found

1. Allow followers to comment on twitch creators stories

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. An Automaticly Generated stream schedule based on when you already stream on average, would give more accurate stream times to viewers, as well as save time among other things just a nice QOL over all

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I struggle, and I'm sure theirs others that suffer with Fibromyalgia, and I would like to add, if Twitch could make this app more comprehensible, that would be great. Some people may not know much about this disease, but it affects you physically and mentally, which is severely problematic for us, and as far as streaming goes, this is what I'm aiming for, but it takes a lot out of us to build, dream and prosper.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. While I do understand the need for the changes allowing for a DJ category and also the perks of there being a DJ category - variety streamers who DJ and do other types of streams seemingly get left in more confusion. Being forced to separate your channel into multiple channels when you've built an audience on being a variety streamer doesn't seem fair - however if the revenue percentage fees for the DJs is channel wide and not based on categories or even whether you're a DJ who even plays copywritten music - it effectively means even non DJ streams…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There should be custom emote slots just for the month of June to the respected Pride flags. This should also include allies and every flag/flag aspect of LGBTQIA+ Pride month.

During the month of June above the follower emotes should be slots for the respective pride emotes freely available to all followers. I as well as other creators have found it very difficult for ourselves to be expressed during the month of pride via our emotes. There is just not enough emote slots for small streamers to express pride through custom pride emotes.

Yes, you could say that having the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make polls have an option to hide preliminary results until the poll has concluded (or the viewer has submitted their vote) as not to make voters biased to a certain options (such as those that have a chance to win due to current amount of votes).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug, possibly with stream clipping.

if you press the clip button in the lower right portion of the stream player, you are presented with eth clip interface. Begin to create the clip as you normally would, adjusting the timeline to highlight the important part of the stream, but do not name, or publish the clip.

This clip still remains viewable (by the streamer, and person that made it only) - and it is only available to the streamer through the stream summary, it does not appear in the Content > Clips section of the Creator Dashboard. The Clip name is…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. WHY are moderators being PENALISED from getting drops ?

When someone who is a moderator is watching a channel they moderate at the same time as getting drops on a channel with a different game, THEY DO NOT GET THE DROPS PROPERLY. It seems to only award the drops at a very reduced speed or not at all. WHY ?

I really don't understand why this is a thing. Twitch are actively trying to disuade people from moderating.

Moderators OFTEN moderate for more than channel at the same time. I do understand that Twitch are trying to stop people from…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As a bisexual disabled person, I do love the support the LGBT community is getting. Wouldn't it be great to take it a step further? About 16% of the world population is disabled in some way, and introducing a feature on Twitch dedicated to Disability Pride Month would be a powerful step towards inclusivity and representation within the streaming community. People with disabilities are often underrepresented in mainstream media, including Twitch. By dedicating a platform to Disability Pride Month, Twitch can amplify the voices of disabled streamers.

This would promote diversity, and help to educate those that are unaware of…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi,

A lot of streamers end their stream and don't Raid anybody.. and I dont mean just big streamers and I am not trying to make a point they should.. I mean how many times raid actually happen compared to just ending the stream.

What if, when the streamer doesn't raid anybody, the platform would after short while automatically connect you to a completely random stream (or give you a pop up to do that). The feature could be disabled for streamers that would not want to have it enabled as I see many reason why some streamers would not…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When Klei Entertainment is running drops campaigns for Don’t Starve Together, the link to take you to a “participating channel” defaults to EVERYONE who is currently live in the Don’t Starve category. This is incorrect and misleading.

Klei authorizes Klei Ambassadors only for drops campaigns. You cannot earn time towards a campaign from any live stream. It must be a Klei Ambassador streaming AND they have drops turned on.

There aren’t enough Klei Ambassadors consistently live on Twitch in enough time zones. Those who are, often do not offer extended streams. This makes it very challenging for users to earn…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Do not implement a call feature in the sidebar.

Do not implement a call feature that is on by default.

If you implement a call feature, make it channel-specific (as it is currently) and make it OPT-IN (as it is currently.)

438 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I feel like this is quite self explanatory. I would like to be able to use the editor to make a highlight in 9:16 format like I can do with clips, at least when they're short enoght for a twitch story / youtube short. It is annoying that I can easily make stories from clips, but when I want to share something where no clip was made, I'm out of luck and have to manually download everything and cut it by hand.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Background: There is a strong trend as of late of people causing controversy or similar to generate interest and profiting from it.

An example of this would be a streamer string up controversy on twitter or YouTube which results in a surge of viewers on twitch who in general just want to send/view messages in chat.

So the formula is: be toxic or **** off a demographic = make more stream revenue.

Feature: A button that applies per stream.

This button when enabled will stop any revenue you generate from ads ect going to the stream you are watching. There…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. While I am very encouraged to see the addition of a "DJ" category on Twitch, and by the work that has been done to negotiate a fair compensation and royalty framework for music labels and artists — at least based on the details that have been shared thus far on the Twitch Blog and linked DJ Program page — there is much work yet to be done to evolve this program to the point that it will be feasible and reasonable for DJs to actually opt-in without fears that they can continue offering a similar livestreaming experience that their fanbase…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi my name is Krillin and today I am writing this post as an idea for a new Twitch Guild. I've been on Twitch for almost 7 years and a partner for 6 and over those years the Twitch Guild program is absolutely one of the best ideas that I think Twitch has had. With this program being so new, obviously not everyone could be included into the Guilds, but I just wanted to present an idea for a possible new guild for people like myself and countless others. The Invisible Disability Guild.

I'm a type-1 diabetic and have been…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If we create a highlight of 1 minute or less in the video highlighter, we should be able to save it instead as a clip instead of a highlight.

The video highlighter is a great way of producing multiple highlights after a stream finishes. It is much easier to use for making multiple highlights of my streams than the mid-stream clipper because I can see markers, other clips, and create multiple highlights at once.

However, highlights are less useful on Twitch than clips because we cannot create vertical videos for highlights, and they are not surfaced as much as clips.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to create a team on my channel, can someone under my team teach me how to create it?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. you have black, latin and womens guilds. fantastic, what about everyone else? if the idea of guilds is to support your creators and make sure everyone is represented why did you ignore one of your bigger demographics?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We really should be able to rename and re-organize our own emotes, without having to constantly remove/add them back to our respective emote libraries.

For streamers that have a ton of seasonal emote variants, this would be super useful... I always felt like it's a bit backward, to always being forced of reuploading.

Please please please consider adding those two features, I know a lot of perfectionist people like me would appreciate it so very much...!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?