Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

869 results found

1. Background: There is a strong trend as of late of people causing controversy or similar to generate interest and profiting from it.

An example of this would be a streamer string up controversy on twitter or YouTube which results in a surge of viewers on twitch who in general just want to send/view messages in chat.

So the formula is: be toxic or **** off a demographic = make more stream revenue.

Feature: A button that applies per stream.

This button when enabled will stop any revenue you generate from ads ect going to the stream you are watching. There…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. While I am very encouraged to see the addition of a "DJ" category on Twitch, and by the work that has been done to negotiate a fair compensation and royalty framework for music labels and artists — at least based on the details that have been shared thus far on the Twitch Blog and linked DJ Program page — there is much work yet to be done to evolve this program to the point that it will be feasible and reasonable for DJs to actually opt-in without fears that they can continue offering a similar livestreaming experience that their fanbase…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi my name is Krillin and today I am writing this post as an idea for a new Twitch Guild. I've been on Twitch for almost 7 years and a partner for 6 and over those years the Twitch Guild program is absolutely one of the best ideas that I think Twitch has had. With this program being so new, obviously not everyone could be included into the Guilds, but I just wanted to present an idea for a possible new guild for people like myself and countless others. The Invisible Disability Guild.

I'm a type-1 diabetic and have been…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If we create a highlight of 1 minute or less in the video highlighter, we should be able to save it instead as a clip instead of a highlight.

The video highlighter is a great way of producing multiple highlights after a stream finishes. It is much easier to use for making multiple highlights of my streams than the mid-stream clipper because I can see markers, other clips, and create multiple highlights at once.

However, highlights are less useful on Twitch than clips because we cannot create vertical videos for highlights, and they are not surfaced as much as clips.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to create a team on my channel, can someone under my team teach me how to create it?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. you have black, latin and womens guilds. fantastic, what about everyone else? if the idea of guilds is to support your creators and make sure everyone is represented why did you ignore one of your bigger demographics?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We really should be able to rename and re-organize our own emotes, without having to constantly remove/add them back to our respective emote libraries.

For streamers that have a ton of seasonal emote variants, this would be super useful... I always felt like it's a bit backward, to always being forced of reuploading.

Please please please consider adding those two features, I know a lot of perfectionist people like me would appreciate it so very much...!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow your "Followed Channels" list to be grouped by Game. I follow several streamers who sometimes all play games together (OTK, OTV, Smaller friend groups, etc). Often while they're playing together I'll learn of a new small streamer and follow them. If I want to watch a group of people playing Grand Theft Auto RP, for example, I don't want to have to search through my entire list to find smaller streamers I've previously followed. Depending on what's happening in the game I might jump from one streamer's channel to another and want to do so quickly.

Additionally, if you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Watch Parties é um recurso muito bom, eu e meu público fazíamos uso desse recurso e tínhamos alguns quadros bem divertidos. Acredito que se fossem realizadas algumas melhorias nessa ferramenta, poderíamos despertar o interesse de outros criadores a utilizar também. Por favor, tragam as Watch Parties de volta. Eu tinha 3 quadros que utilizava eles, meu público sente falta e eu gosto de fazer tudo dentro das diretrizes. Era perfeito!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability to adjust Content Classification labels on VODs and Clips should be introduced.

Currently, if a warning is incorrectly applied to a stream, there is no way to remove it from the VOD or the Clips related to that VOD.

Similarly, if a Content Classification label was NOT applied to a stream when it should have been, the streamer currently cannot go back and apply it to the VOD or Clip.

Say for example that a streamer who smokes had a cigarette and forgot to tag the tobacco usage warning during the live. Currently this warning cannot later be…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Music and Voice seperat controll.

Ich hätte gerne eine Funktion in der Streamer ihre Sprache und die Musik unabhängig an Twitch streamen, heißt ich kann dann als viewer die Musik die im Stream gespielt wird seperat anpassen bzw ausschalten.
    Manchmal hört man einfach gerne seine eigene Musik, bzw. die Musik ist zu laut oder zu leise.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Music  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow the gifting up upgraded tiers of a subscription even if the person is already subscribed to a specific channel. IE if I am subscribed at Tier 1 someone could give me a T2 gift and upgrade my current tier to T2 for all the benefits as such. still charge full standard T2 gift price. at the end of the 30 days of gift it the person has a re-occurring sub the sub would revert to the original tier and continue. if not the sub would just expire as normal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. People ignoring those little tags below the stream can lead to a lot of unwanted back seating.

An easy solve is to have an overlay or something over the stream itself, telling the viewer that backseating is not allowed, which they have to exit to see the stream.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want to be able to add a note to a user. This would be extremely helpful for both viewpoints of viewers and streamers. The notes would obviously be optional, so not everyone would need to use it, but I've been on Twitch since 2014. Most channels I follow I still frequent, but some channels I'm stumped on why I followed. I do not recognize the username, what the streamer looks like, any of the about info, etc. Allowing us to make a note would solve all of this. I could use such a feature to remind myself why I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Streamers all across the world are suffering with mental health issues.

Renew partnership with Healthy Gamers to provide partners with free therapy and coaching, it helped many streamers in the past and should continue to be a service provided.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Twitch channels got the ability to reach a lot of people and eternalize some pretty cool moments through Clips made by those who participate in their community. We all love that, those are mostly pretty great!

But sometimes, people would clip stuff out of context that'd just be mean and could be harmful to the creators. For example, something taken out of context could be seen in a serious and really bad way, when the intention was not even there in the first place.

Of course, we can always delete some of them that doesn't feel right. But I just…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If a creator is competing in some sort of tournament, competition or event that has any type of prize, especially money, I think it would be a great idea for there to be a feature for the creator to block certain people from the stream. This would prevent stream sniping from other content creators and having an unfair advantage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bring back claiming Warframe drops via IOS. It's not like the feature didn't already exist, and sometimes while traveling people don't have the ability to just log into their pc to claim the drop that they earned while streaming via device. Also the fact that even if you did have the availability it has to be within 24 hours, is ridiculous. I earned it, why is there a time limit? MAYBE JUST ALLOW ME TO CLAIM IT FROM THE DEVICE THAT I'M STREAMING IT ON?!?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As PS4 Streamer w/o Streaming-Laptop you are not able to stream more than 1 game each stream with fluent crossing. Because if you want to play the nxt game the stream will be interrupted and an ugly blue screen will be shown/streamed as "placeholder" by Sony OS or Twitch. And if the nxt game needs too long to start, the blue screen turns into black and u r offline.

If Twitch is able to recognize/identify such interrupted (PS4) streams and the user is able to replace/fade the blue screen/this interruption by a placeholder item over the Twitch creator options automatically…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There is a dangerous precedent on Twitch of adults using streamer avatars to bait "lolicons" to promote and monetize pedophilic-type content.
    In order to avoid this kind of content being promoted, Twitch should take a bolder stance and stop adults from pretending to be kids on their platform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?