Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Every time an ad plays either during a broadcast or after I join a broadcast the stream freezes on the last frame of the ad and won't play, after refreshing the ad plays again and gets stuck. I would put this under support but there are no options for ad issues and Twitch support is terrible.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. having pre roll count down on the twitch chat similar to where the hype train is - so streamers dont need to keep an additional browser source open to watch the dashboard.

Id like to be able to tell from within my obs software when ads are playing

you want us to run ads - please make it accessible and easy for us to do so from within our streaming software so the process isn't disruptive for viewers.

not good with photo editing but heres an example of how it could look

https://twitter.com/ellerows/status/1369553181076815876

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. They do more harm than good, when I'm trying to moderate. Especially during technical difficulties and issues with the stream staying connected.
    I have to sit through 10-30s of ads every time they get the stream back up, to help diagnose or otherwise let them know what could be the issue. Or having to get the info a second time from them because I didn't hear them when they first came back.
    Simply put, they're useless on the mod page, and in some cases, could potentially make the user experience worse because of the lack of communication between streamer and…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ads during music streams are incredibly disruptive due to the fact that the audio is the primary focus of a music streamed. Forced ads are inherently detrimental to the quality of the stream and content. I propose that as a part of any future Ad policies that Twitch not implement forced mid-roll ads on Music streams of any kind.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ads are not an enjoyable experience no matter how you try to present them. Don't be like everyone else and force them on people. Find another way. Do something different.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Give us more autonomy in the Ads manager beyond the sliders. Right now in the ads manager we’re confined to sliders however I would love the ability to manually place ad blocks in the ad manger for more precise control on the timing of ads.

Example: I would love to run my ads automatically at the top of every hour on my stream so that I can schedule my breaks then and chat won’t miss out on any action while ads are running but the way the sliders are set up currently doesn’t make this possible. Having the ability to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am subbed to several channels, yet Twitch feels they need to show ads when I join a stream. Why am I paying for a sub?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I been getting ad's in my stream manger as if I am not a sub to my own channel I want to know why?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Not an idea, why am I getting a Portuguese Nivea ad in the region of Belgium? Portugal/Brazil or any other Portuguese speaking countries aren't remotely close to my location. It's not an official language of my country, and I wasn't using a VPN. Is this a bug? Can you guys make sure ads appear in the right region with the right language? For example, my region of Flanders (Belgium) could be French, Dutch, German or English, but never Portuguese. Thanks for understanding.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I discovered the existence of SDA not as an Affiliate, but as a viewer. I was surprised to see one of my favorite streamers running an inline ad - only to find out they were TOTALLY UNAWARE of the ad being run on their stream! After some investigation I discovered the existence of the SDA program. I like the program and I see a lot of potential for Twitch and its streamers to benefit from the program, but it is highly invasive to do this type of advertising without notifying streamers independently and prior to launch. I'm glad to see…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently you can only space ads AT MOST by 1 hour, but some content doesn't really lend itself well to that. The same logic applies to the initial delay just like 1 hour isn't enough, there's no way 30 minutes is enough. All this makes the manager basically unusable. Maybe an option to make the first ad shorter? I think the manager is a great idea for people like me that want to run ads but keep forgetting, but it's too rigid in its current state if your content needs to not be cut off by an ad

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it an option to play ads while your stream is static (meaning the streamer is not at the computer) This would be a great way for streamers to remove pre-rolls without sacrificing any content for the viewers watching.

How it would work: Twitch detects a static screen in a channel with the settings enabled. It then sends out a 30 second ad (Configurable by the streamer) The streamer comes back with a happy audience and with pre-rolls disabled for newcomers.

I'm no developer but I'm sure there's a drop in bitrate used whenever the screen is static, there's also…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Content obtrusive ads are bad for live form content. They work for YouTube and Television where the content can be put on a break until the advertisement is done, however for Twitch the ads will often block important content especially when first joining a stream.

1. Pre-roll ads need to use unobtrusive forms of advertisement. Since pre-roll ads are the only ads forced to run without authorization from the streamer, they are the ads that most likely will directly affect viewing content the streamer does not want you to miss. As a result these ads will discourage viewers from watching, especially…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Basically, when an ad is ran I rarely get a multiplayer ad they are always the normal ads, if there could be an option to only run multiplayer ads it would be way more efficient and keep the viewers from clicking off an ad break! For example ads are ran by /commercial then the number of seconds, for multiplayer ads they could be /multiplayercommercial then the number of seconds. For the content creators that use the buttons on the dashboard just add a simple button for the multiplayer ads.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multiplayer Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I don’t know what made someone think adding an ad about batteries (I believe) that involves a smoke detector going off right at the start was a great ad revenue option. I can think of literally thousands of other ads that I’d prefer to encounter. Horrific for headphone users. Can’t imagine trying to watch a stream late at night and having that ad be the one to go off. Absolutely unpleasant experience.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO FORCE A 48 HOUR SOFT LOCK TIMER THAT CONTINUES EVEN AFTER I CHOOSE TO DISABLE AD BLOCK! Makes me just instantly re enable it. Streams still crash and are impossible to watch because the timer remains

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The streamer I moderate for has a contract with Twitch where they have to run ads every hour. Sometimes they are busy with the game they are playing. Rather than having to post in chat a bunch to get their attention, it would help if moderators had the ability to start ads. Along with this, the moderators can't tell if the ads are successfully running if they are subbed. We have to constantly pester the streamer to know if they did ads on time. If there was some way for us to know the ads are running it would help…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The reason for audio-only is >>> Audio Only <<<<

Your new ads auto-play video in Audio-Only settings.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. currently you have ads playing in the main screen taking over volume as well as preventing people from hearing the stream while you push the stream into a small player above chat without sound. for many games this makes it impossible to keep up with whats going on especially with the random timing you've now introduced into the ad plays now that its out of the control of the streamer.

if you could swap the ad and the mini stream and not force the ads volume to mute the stream the ad could play effortlessly without really bothering anyone especially…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give us the option to completely disable ads by "paying" you for the loss through taking a bit more of the revenue.

In my channel analysis ad income is less than 2% of the overall income, but (especially) pre rolls extremely reduced channel growth - which obviously would have raised my channel income much more than thos 2% for ads.

The numbers may vary from channel to channel, which is the reason to make it optional:
    - No money loss for Twitch.
    - Every streamer can decide for themselves, which is the best option.

Thanks for reading and have a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 19 20