Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. -Adblockers were created because of ads with sounds and ads over content
    -Streamers gains almost nothing with ads
    -Bits, subs, and prime already support both streamers and twitch
    -You are part of the richest company on earth
    -Your boss makes more money in a day than some countries in a year

So why do you really want ads, it only push people away

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Had this idea, didn't really know where else to post it. Just trying to get it out there.

So I know Twitch has been struggling to come up with a way to monetize with ads, and with the whole "forced mid-roll" fiasco, I think everyone is worried that whatever they do will be very "un-Twitch" by trying to emulate live TV. So my idea was to just gamify it.

Twitch recently added the little icon dudes that everyone can choose as their logo, and I thought that could be like your Twitch persona, and you basically just turn ad watching…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can Black Lives Matter ads please NOT be shown? or can I have an option to NOT SEE BLM ADS?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ads are not an enjoyable experience no matter how you try to present them. Don't be like everyone else and force them on people. Find another way. Do something different.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. If I sit through a preroll, I don't want to watch the stream for 15 seconds and then also sit through a midroll or an ad from the streamer. Shared Cooldown at the very least please

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. There needs to be a way to stop ads playing for at least 1-2 hours. Taking a break every 30 minutes for a few minutes is just unrealistic and doesn't fit most content on Twitch. Longer ad break, every 2 hours or so would be much more agreeable I believe, especially when it comes with giving MORE agency to streamers. They know their community and their content the best

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It feels counterintuitive from a creator stand point. Though I appreciate the stance of supporting creators, there must be better ways to implement paid ads. Personally, I'd love to see a system in place that connects partnered streamers to advertisers through some sort of partner panel. Plenty of streamers do paid ads already, but if you connect a streamer to a physical product to try on stream (a drink, snack, service, etc.) It's more interactive for the audience, and the streamer. Effectively stream lining your advertising practice, and through that service you would be able to still collect revenue of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Do not immediately play pre-roll ads when joining a channel, and instead give users a 5 minute timer (or even better - let users or streamers customize this option) before the pre-roll will play. This would allow users to experience a channel for a fair amount of time before getting hit with an ad. This opens the floor for a more user friendly method to discover new channels quickly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. For smalls streamers, hosts and raids are a big way in which you get new followers. With the change recently - every time a viewer comes to your channel and they aren't subbed, they are instantly shown an ad. So when host happens all the viewers have to sit through an ad before they ever see your channel. A lot of people leave because why wait through an ad for a channel you don't know if you want to watch. Why not wait a minute or two before the ad to give the viewers a chance to meet the streamer…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I'd like the ability to turn off the auto added tags on my game. I'm playing Fortnite, like many streamers, but I'm playing pve and have no way of removing the "Battle Royale" tag.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I like the idea you can have collections on your channel, but I noticed you cannot set a custom thumbnail for a collection. I wish I could do that just like with Uploads.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want to make a new post for this, because there is no way you have released a 'partial release' fix for this. The volume of ads on your site is obnoxiously loud. The majority of ads that play are 4 times the volume of the streamers content. It puts me off watching streams on this site, and I feel sorry for audiences of quieter streamers, too. Please PLEASE fix this. I do feel like this should be a top priority.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I use adblock. Why? Because in spite of subscribing to several streams, I still get pre-roll ads when I join the channel. To my knowledge, my adblock has only once impaired mid-roll ads that the streamer decided to run during a natural break in the content, and I disabled adblock on that stream.

Today, my experience has been absolutely terrible because I keep getting attacked by Twitch's new ad BS. In the course of 20 minutes, Twitch has thrice run segments with multiple sequential mid-roll ads when there's no natural break in the content, and has covered up my stream…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Currently the ads that play are considerably louder than the content on Twitch. There must be a way for ads to be played at the same sound level (an average of the stream perhaps), as the stream.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'm sick and tired of ads scaring me half to death by instantly being far louder then the stream I was watching or listening to. It is ruining the experience for me as a viewer, and it is making me hate whatever is being advertised. No one benefits from this stupidity. You'd think ads were unpopular enough without this problem.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The streamer I moderate for has a contract with Twitch where they have to run ads every hour. Sometimes they are busy with the game they are playing. Rather than having to post in chat a bunch to get their attention, it would help if moderators had the ability to start ads. Along with this, the moderators can't tell if the ads are successfully running if they are subbed. We have to constantly pester the streamer to know if they did ads on time. If there was some way for us to know the ads are running it would help…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'm a subscriber and I just got a 3 minute chunk of advertisements YIKES the greed. Need to use adblock I guess...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. too many ads!! slow down greedy f's!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. These are some ideas to improve the experience of the user when trying to find new channels to watch.

1. Disable pre-roll ads for streamers with few viewers. Right now the user is actively punished for switching channels and this actively harms the discoverability on the platform.

2. Add a cool down since the last ad was played before a pre-roll can be triggered again. A value as little as 5-10 minutes could greatly improve the experience.

3. When running ads not triggered by the streamer it should continue showing the stream (eg. picture in picture with the stream audio muted). Right now…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hello. I am writing this concerning a video ad on Twitch, specifically one for an LG UltraGear Gaming Monitor. The advertisement video of this product has video scenes from a game, and to this plays EXTREMELY loud "fast" music, that starts with NO warning. I am autistic and have gotten several seizures when this specific ad comes on. If I'm not fast enough at ripping my earphones out of my ears when it starts playing. I understand that you might think this is silly, or my problem, as I can just turn down the volume.
    However, all other ads I've…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?