Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

782 results found

1. I have no problem with ads usually and I understand why they're there, but it seems that a new feature rolled out that makes it so that an ad plays every 20 minutes when you're watching a vod.

I find this really annoying, as the ads are usually about 100% more loud than the vod so every 20 minutes I need to stop whatever I'm doing and turn down the volume on my computer (since I can't change the volume of the ad, which is not great either btw) and wait for the ad to finish so I can turn…

455 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Because of the large degree of lurk teams and point grabbing teams with empty viewership, I’m proposing a change to the ad sharing for partners relative to unique chatters and viewers as a combined total.

I also suggest no ads for twitch Prime users to promote more people having prime, and ads not showing on raids or embeds to eliminate some of the hollow viewing that also put Facebook into trouble with advertisers; then up the revenue sharing for the partners to match.

To some level this will minimize those without communities/porting lurkteams (I was in one yesterday for 10min…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. its *****, i just hosted another member, i got a commercial, im subscribed the that channel i hosted, and missed the **** thank you or if anything was even said to me... i have also left so many other streams because i aint wating for that *.... it also kills all curiousity of the thumbnail... its a complete joke of a revenue scam and im muting the **** thing anyhow... i think im done here... i literally dont even enjoy it here anymore.. ty, gnite, g'riddins

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Celebrate watching ads and provide value for the viewer and the streamer instead of regulary interrupting the consumers experience with unwanted content.

How? Here is an idea:

Twitch already had the "Watch ads for bits" function - but it currently is quite hidden in the "get bits section". What if instead of a forced full screen ad for x amounts of seconds twitch provides "watch this ad for bits" button on screen.It should appear at random times during streams or if the streamer triggers it manually.

There some ways to incooperate this feature with the current twitch flow: Streamer can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 99.9% of all twitch ads are just annoyances to me, mainly because they are untargeted and I don't care about their content at all. I always get movie ads. And I never watch movies. I suggest twitch reworks its subscriber system: make it like ISPs do it to provide internet access: 5 bucks a month flat, no ads, a portion goes to individual streamers based on view time.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove ads from people streaming below a certain viewer amount.

Good god, it's so incredibly frustrating to go to people who have maybe 10-50 viewers, and you get a 30 second unskippable ad. I understand big events having ads, I understand people with 100-500 viewers getting ads. But when I visit a friend who's streaming with 4 viewers, and I get ads, it royally pisses me off. Your ads are becoming more annoying to deal with than YT advertisings.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ADS should not be on live streams, only on VODs!

From my understanding ADS on live will give you one of the following drawbacks, If an AD plays for 10 seconds:

• you will be sent back to the current moment the stream is at thus losing 10 seconds of the live stream and what happened in that meantime be it a answer to your message, some epic moment or anything in between.

• you will be 10 seconds behind with the live stream, meaning you are also 10 seconds behind interacting with the streamer

Thus I am requesting the ADs to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Every time I log in to my account, I am greeted with a possibiltiy to manage personalized ads, and it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/8HUIhPP.png

By default, everything should be off unless I explicitly state I allow gathering my data.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I understand that ads are necessary to support twitch and streamers, and while I don't like it, I can deal with it. But one thing is SUPER annoying - when an ad pops up right when something exciting is happening/about to happen and everyone misses the action. At least TV ads have the courtesy to play during breaks - imagine if an ad came on while the super bowl-winning touchdown pass was in the air!

If we can't outright remove or skip ads (understandable), how about having a simple button pop up in a corner of the stream when an…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Rather than constantly shoving ads down everyone’s throat how about instead when you join a stream there is a button that shows 1 que’d ad and then it has a time limit before it must be watched say 30 minutes or something. This way the VIEWER can pick a relatively slow point in the stream to view it rather than missing out on important parts of the stream or conversation. This would at least be better than the current method of shoveling ad after ad in our faces and stupid random times that do nothing but piss off me and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. all is in the title. ad quality should be the same as the stream quality.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The 5 seconds skip button doesn't work since maybe one week

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I know that twitch has been looking into ways to get around AdBlock and whatnot to ensure that ads get played, but: Consider less intrusive/annoying/irritating advertising. The majority of people are using AdBlock because they find ads annoying. You know, that stereotype CONGRATS YOU'VE WON A FREE PRIZE!!! flashing ad kind of thing?

If you were to make twitch advertising less intrusive, I believe it would help. Twitch ads already aren't that bad, but they could be improved in a number of possible ways:

• Make the advertisement only hijack the video feed, not the audio. With the advertisements jumping…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ads loop, often 5+ times (especially on /cristianes2), appear almost immediately after starting the stream. Also if the stream is manually paused at some point (even if not during an ad), unpausing too often results in an ad within a minute or two.
    There are other streams on which I get no ads.
    (Also the same ad should never been played twice in succession, surely, as it just encourages people to be angry at the advertiser)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would really like it if ads were categorized based on content; I love seeing ads for things like pizza and restaurants, but I HATE having to sit through an unskippable ad for a horror movie/show. If ads were categorized, there could be a section in Twitch options where I could move different tags into "show me more" and "show me less" status based on what I do or don't want to see.

910 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Not as frequently as before but still often, Ads play which are dramatically louder than the broadcast content. This is an annoyance, interferes with other people in the house, and frankly makes me more likely to mute the ad and go do something in a different tab.

Normalizing volume levels with stream average volume or peak volume wouldn't take a huge amount of processing power and would fix the problem entirely. It's required by the US's FCC in other broadcast mediums, but it's really just a quality of life improvement for the viewers and a mark of good production.

2,811 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Ana responded

A majority of ads on web and TV apps should now have normalized sound. We are still continuing the work on this and will update the status again when it is fully complete!

17. I don't mind watching commercials to support channels, but I bet you a vast majority of people use Adblock because they dont want to deal with a 40 second commercial just to find out the person isn't playing the game their channel said it was, or that their voice is annoyingly loud, or that they are terrible at the game. I use adblock on my computers and would take it off in a heartbeat if this was fixed...

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This can also be a problem if we already have another stream running as it will pause/buffer due to the bandwidth being sucked up by the ad.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It is somewhat annoying to sit through a buffering high quality ad for a minute before returning to the stream.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to see a subscription to make a channel ad-free for all viewers, not just people with accounts, subscribers, followers or anything, I know turbo exists, but that's only for the person broadcasting that goes and watches someone else's channel. What about the opposite, what if a broadcaster wants the viewers to have an ad-free experience?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?