Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

792 results found

1. let the ad's play a few mins after a raid.. not as people are entering chat for the 1st time. and then missing the raid it's self.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. All ads need to run in a window on the stream instead of blocking out the stream for up to 20 seconds. Every ad that runs makes me AVOID the products shown like the plague because they are INTRUSIVE and BELIGERENT is brute-forcing advertising about items I have absolutely NO interest in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. User controlled ad experience:

-Users run their own ads to build up an "ad immunity" duration for their current account.
    -This ad immunity duration will allow the user to view streams without encountering preroll/midroll/other ads for this period.
    -Longer the ads watched the longer the ad free duration.
    -Can have an upper limit of ad free viewing time, requiring additional ad viewing to top off the duration.
    -Users can choose who gets the ad revenue share, depending on where they trigger the ads to view. Either with a channel they want to support, or give the share to Twitch. Use…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. You can place the voting option in the top right, that way it doesnt fully intrude any viewers so they dont miss any key moments

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pre-roll ads don’t belong on live content to begin with, but they should never be as long as typical commercials/ads. Imagine clicking on a stream that you’re excited about watching in that very moment (because you saw something interesting in the thumbnail or someone tweeted about something happening on that stream) and then after the website loaded and the video player loaded, waiting another 30+ seconds for the live stream to load. That’s the current experience with pre-roll ads. It breaks the in the moment or “you had to be there” experience of live content.
    A 5 second pre-roll ad…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The idea of rewarding only the creator for every vote seems like a wasted opportunity for me, normal ads do that already.

Instead, what about giving back to both, the creator and the viewer?

The way I understand it, every vote seems to get a certain value (e.g. 5 bits) which will then be all added together and sent to the creator after the ad is over.

What if instead of bits, this value would be divided into gifted subs and every participant then gets a chance to win one of them, while any possible remainder gets paid in bits…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Maybe we could watch 2 minutes of ads to give us an hour ad free.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. its only happened a couple of times, but when an ad plays, the smaller window that opens in the top left above chat for the stream just plays another ad

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Instead of having only pre-rolls and mid-rolls, I suggest including an ad credit system. Whenever people watch ads, they'll earn credits (similar to how bits used to work) and will be able to spend these credits to "skip" ads on channels they watch. This can be done in a few ways. I suggest having an ad stream where people can accumulate credits or some type of ad viewer of equivalence. This way, people would be able to accumulate as many credits as they want, to afford the price of a skip button on ads. This has absolutely no down side…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A button where you can watch ADS on your terms to support a stream.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pre-rolls on twitch are not working right now because they are ignorant and focus on maximizing profits instead of the viewer experience. The dodge rates are incredibly high.

Change the system, let the creators hook the viewers into their content first before you throw an ad on their screen. there are two ideas on how to do it:

Let the creators modify the first picture of the thumbnail preview. this will drastically change the look of the main page, but it gives creators an additional window to communicate with potential viewers. You can send a message to showcase your content,…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Any way that ads won't cover the entire screen won't keep viewers away from the action, which would make them much more bearable. The current state is NOT like ads running on TV, more like if we had to watch ads during a sports match and ended up missing part of the game because of it! It's obviously extremely disruptive and long term damaging.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. What I would like to see is people who hold multiple concurrent subscriptions, say 4 or 5 and up, to be allowed to have a site-wide advertisement-free experience.

Currently Turbo is the only option for an ad-free experience site-wide. Prime used to have it, but it was removed as a benefit for Prime (even though Prime costs more). Personally I find Turbo to be very unappealing for its cost, especially when I already have Prime which comes with most of its other perks.

I'd rather spend that money unlocking emotes in other streamer's channels as I feel it makes me…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want to hear and see the thing thats going on live and on my phone it makes it a tiny little box with no sound

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ads are presented as "supporting content creators" but there are a large number of people on Twitch who are streaming as a hobby or otherwise would prefer to pay so that their viewers can get a better experience, and for some of them the amount may be larger than the amount of revenue that the ads themselves would have brought in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If you guys are going to completely FORCE ads down our throats, you need to do one of three things:
    1) By far the easiest solution - Make Ads Skippable after X seconds.
    2) Make ads something that pops up as a Picture in Picture in the corner or something when a stream is running. I honestly like this one the best because I honestly wouldn't have an issue checking out whatever is being advertisted as well as (and I cant stress this enough) NOT MISSING STREAM CONTENT because someone wants to run 7-10 15-30 second ads in a row.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. They killed the experience of finding new streams because as soon as I find a stream I'm instantly hit with 30second to 2mins of ads, only to be hit by them every few minutes, how am i supposed to enjoy a stream when I miss out on so much?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Never in my life have I bought something because of an Ad on the internet and that will never change. On top of that the pre-roll Ads are preventing me from viewing new streams. I'm never going to click a new streamer and be like "okay cool i'll wait this 30 seconds to see if I even like the streamer", if you're going to force pre-roll ads then put it in a window in the corner and adjust the volume so I can hear both the Ad and stream. Or better yet don't try to force them on people!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. They are egregious and pushing people away from exploring new channels.
    Midrolls ruin the experience and are extremely anti-consumer

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If I'm switching between channels looking for a good stream, I have to sit through a minute-long ad each time. More often than not, this leads me to stop watching Twitch as I don't have the patience to sit through so many ads.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?