Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

788 results found

1. I can't possibly describe my disgust seeing the amount of Buffalo Wild Wings or Chipotle Cuban Steak ads. I don't force my ideals on other people, I'm quiet about my decision, so please allow people with vegan/vegetarian related diets to opt out of any animal products being advertised to them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Creo que poner anuncios a dia de hoy no es recomendable, porque en primer lugar molesta al tapar tanta imagen, en segundo lugar, fuerza las suscripciones, y en tercero, poner anuncios no genera lo suficiente en comparacion de lo molesto que es para los viewers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If you could get an extension for games with lobbies that would roll a 10-15 second ad in between the games (lobby) rather than playing the regular one over the stream. Obviously, the Affiliate or Partner would have to download the ones for the games they play, if they play without the extension, or don't have it when they play the regular ad rules would apply.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I've seen multiple people talking about this on reddit and twitter, there seems to be a fair few people who are experiencing distorted audio after an ad plays. Seems to mostly be firefox users.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I love supporting Twitch streamers but I do not have money. Therefore I would love a possibility where I can support the streamer by watching ads that I myself click on a button to watch. You could make a system so the streamer gets notified when someone has watched 20 ads, 50 ads, 100 ads etc. And maybe also write how much money example 100 ads are worth.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Many advertisements have an extremely dangerous level of flashing lights, and all of them pop up without warning and they can and do trigger epileptic seizures as a result even in perfectly safe streams.
    This is an extreme concern for many people, including myself.
    There is a specific advertisement that has so much flashing it can trigger a seizure even for someone using medication because of it being so hazardous, that ad promotes audible.
    I tried reporting it to them for how dangerous it is but they do not accept feedback of a complaint category.

I would like to request…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tie watching adds into the channel points people get to spend on channel rewards.

Allow them to watch x amount of adds whenever they want and give a bonus reward to whoever's channel they are watching.

This will help you with your ad issues.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Literally just stop doing it, it's terrible. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I wanted to give some feedback on the new ad experience. There is an audio bug that resets the volume to maximum after setting it to a predefined setting. So I turn it down during one ad then the next ad sets volume to max and screams at me. Using Microsoft Edge (Chromium), Windows 10 Pro.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Consumers need control over volume.

On 5% speaker and the lowest setting on Twitch audio bar, ad volumes still instantly destroy my Twitch experience.

I have left not 5, not 10, but over THIRTY streams in the past two weeks because I was unwilling to listen to MAX VOLUME ADVERTISEMENTS.

Pre-stream "you must go deaf before you qualify to watch a guy play lullabies on guitar" ads are a horrid experience. I wanted something to lull me to sleep, not a referral to a otolaryngologist.

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If interaction breaks, momentum dies. There are dozens of ways to keep the momentum flowing while an ad is playing-- just look at all of the YouTubers who get sponsored and do skits/product placement during their videos.

Example: If the streamer has the ability to temporarily defer ads and play them back to back, ("collecting" an ad every 15 mins or so, to play 6 at the end of 1.5 hours,) this gives the streamer more control on when their intended content is interrupted-- or, even better, an option to play the ads FIRST in order to unlock SUBSTANTIAL ad-free…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Small creators have little to no opportunity to gain from ads because there simply aren't the viewers to gain anything monetarily.

A fix would be to provide a greater incentive (more ad free time/bits but also the ability to opt out entirely unless the view count crosses a certain threshold e.g. 100+ viewers.

Ads may be what keeps twitch free but there are plenty of 24 hour streams that constantly run on twitch because people come to twitch for the non-TV experience. Twitch threatens itself by changing into a cable-like experience

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give us the option to completely disable ads by "paying" you for the loss through taking a bit more of the revenue.

In my channel analysis ad income is less than 2% of the overall income, but (especially) pre rolls extremely reduced channel growth - which obviously would have raised my channel income much more than thos 2% for ads.

The numbers may vary from channel to channel, which is the reason to make it optional:
    - No money loss for Twitch.
    - Every streamer can decide for themselves, which is the best option.

Thanks for reading and have a…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Congrats, you have succeeded in being shittier then Youtube, They at least pause videos when they cram advertisers down your throat. It kinda ruins the point in watching live streams (as apposed to pre recorded video) when you miss chunks of the live stream to feed corporate greed. thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Had this idea, didn't really know where else to post it. Just trying to get it out there.

So I know Twitch has been struggling to come up with a way to monetize with ads, and with the whole "forced mid-roll" fiasco, I think everyone is worried that whatever they do will be very "un-Twitch" by trying to emulate live TV. So my idea was to just gamify it.

Twitch recently added the little icon dudes that everyone can choose as their logo, and I thought that could be like your Twitch persona, and you basically just turn ad watching…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As a streamer myself I understand that people like their own Twitch page to be theirs to control. A lot of people disable ads on their own channel and a lot will also run them willingly while streaming. Try giving more options we can opt into on our own channels. Without blocking our content at the same time, unless we choose to do so. Here's an idea or so:

• Brb ads
      (We already have, and do get used. Nice example to start)

• Lower thirds
      (Could allow us to set them to pop up as often as we like. Minimum of…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can Black Lives Matter ads please NOT be shown? or can I have an option to NOT SEE BLM ADS?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ads during music streams are incredibly disruptive due to the fact that the audio is the primary focus of a music streamed. Forced ads are inherently detrimental to the quality of the stream and content. I propose that as a part of any future Ad policies that Twitch not implement forced mid-roll ads on Music streams of any kind.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If you guys used the same logic for bounty board on ads you could have a much easier time getting us to run them. I used to make hundreds a month in 2011 from ads and now despite growing etc etc I only push viewers away spamming them for MAYBE a few bucks if I'm lucky.

Myself and many others would likely be more happy to run ads if we had a target goal of "ad hours per month" that based on our viewership could fluctuate but would generally give us a target.

Example: Currently I stream 5ish hours a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In a tweet today Twitch Support stated "Thank you for all of your feedback. We have completed the mid-roll ads test. Ads are an essential part of keeping Twitch freely available and we understand your concerns. We'll continue to work on ways to improve the viewer ad experience and give streamers more control."

Please do more to communicate that the concerns of broadcasters and viewers were understood.

I am interested in what Twitch learned from the testing of mid-roll ads. What concerns did you notice trending and what feedback specifically are you accounting for in making "improvements" to advertising on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?