Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

782 results found

1. Would love to get more information on how automated mid-rolls will work -- and specifically instruction for streamers on how to avoid them, if possible.

In short, the idea your stream would be interrupted without your control is a scary concept. Either it's going to be better for streamers to control the mid-roll experience themselves, or the experience is something more experimental that isn't clear (vs. simply interrupting a stream).

In the Twitch Support initial Tweet it says "these [mid-roll ads] won't run if the viewer has an ad break." Can you clarify? FAQ seems to be missing how to…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello,

I'm a moderator for a few channels. I'm not a sub in all the channels. When someone I stream for starts, that I am not subscribed in but am a moderator I usually get 1-3 ads before I can enter the stream.

It would be extremely helpful if ad's or at the very least pre-rolls were disabled for moderators for the channel they mod in.

Thank you!

270 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Play Twitch Advertisements on Broadcast TV to advertise to different channels and groups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Not sure if I'm the only one who has this problem. I can't watch any stream that has adds enabled because the add freezes after 5 seconds and the timer doesn't update/go down. I restarted my pc but the problem remains (Using twitch for many years but never had this problem).

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. So just like Facebook and WeChat allow a preview of games and ads that involve interactivity, perhaps Twitch can include support for playable ads in pre-roll ads or in-stream ad breaks.

Here is an example of what I am talking about provided by Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/m/one-sheeters/playable-ads

I have listed down all the benefits of including playable ads in Twitch on this shared Google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T2iNVrNcf8Dz8l09f0eiIEt0dMMLb9ggaiU-OqIOP7M/edit#

I am working on a project with a non-profit but we chose NOT to put our marketing on Twitch because they don't offer playable ads (unless they do and you can let me know) which previews…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hace dos días que no me salen los ingresos por anuncios en mis analíticas, pensé que era cuestión de esperar al sistemas pero ya hoy es el día 3 y nada que salen mis ingresos por anuncios de los últimos 3 días y mis seguidores avisa cuando les sale anuncio, entonces quiero saber que pasa, si me sacaron del afiliado o si estoy baneado de algo y si es así entonces nose para que siguen saliendo anuncios en mis directos si no los piensan pagar

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think content creators should be able automatically run ads every 15 mins or however often and how long for so there is less need to have your stream manager open

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hey Twitch team. The possibility to get a share of the ad revenue is a great feature. Unfortunately this can make everything around streaming (Taxes etc.) complicated. Where I'm from (Austria) an ad revenue makes everything much more complicated (I don´t go into detail here). So a option to opt out from this share would be great to have.
    Probably there are similar cases for other country. And even if not, this would help most of the Austrian creators.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Que a los streamers principiantes les dejen poner anuncios

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. let me put adds in my stream

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Every time I open up the creator dashboard on channels that I mod/edit for, it automatically runs an ad.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please stop running "pre-roll" ads right when a live stream starts. Every time I get queued up for a live stream about to start, as soon as it starts, I miss the first 30 seconds of the stream and have no idea what they talked about. This is especially annoying on dev streams and the like. KNOCK IT OFF, TWITCH! Even Prime users get screwed this way.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, when some streamers play ads, their streams will still play in a little box at the top while ads play in the main video player. The problem comes when -- let's say something critical happens on stream, or chatter asks question you'd really like to know the answer to. You can't cash in on the information because the streamer's stream is either muted or gone during ads.

Yeah you can always go back and review the vods (unless streamer has them disabled) but that defeats the feeling you'd get out of experiencing whatever happened in the moment.

I don't…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We know ads suck but it's what allows free content..so the problem is that it's always the wrong time for ads, Especially when its down to the end of the game and we miss the Fing last battle because some ad pops up. How about a button that you can click when your streamer is in cue or going to the bathroom etc, and it runs the ads? yes it will still run ads as normal, however, if you are due for and ad to run in the next ten minutes, by clicking the ad button, it will skip the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Partners & Affiliate channels to create their own 60 and 30 second respectively custom channel pre-roll ad that will inform new visitors of what the channel is about and what to expect.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please enable picture by picture for pre-roll ads. I'm a small streamer and I feel a lot of people aren't willing to sit through a 30s or longer ad break just to see if my stream quality is good or chat is active or if the preview image is accurate to what I'm actually doing on stream. Picture by picture would fix this by enabling them to check out the stream and chat whilst the ad plays in the main view.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. After having read your new feature that allows streamers to disable Pre-Rolls by playing enough ads (30 seconds = 10 minutes), I think you've missed the mark slightly.

I DO think it's a good idea to disable the pre-roll for people discovering new content. As such, I believe a better implementation of the no preroll idea is the following:

• No pre-roll for users the FIRST time they join your stream BUT a forced 30 second 10 minutes into the stream if they stay.

This solves two problems. First, it solves the problem of discouraging people from discovering new content. You…

1,112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Because of the large degree of lurk teams and point grabbing teams with empty viewership, I’m proposing a change to the ad sharing for partners relative to unique chatters and viewers as a combined total.

I also suggest no ads for twitch Prime users to promote more people having prime, and ads not showing on raids or embeds to eliminate some of the hollow viewing that also put Facebook into trouble with advertisers; then up the revenue sharing for the partners to match.

To some level this will minimize those without communities/porting lurkteams (I was in one yesterday for 10min…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Celebrate watching ads and provide value for the viewer and the streamer instead of regulary interrupting the consumers experience with unwanted content.

How? Here is an idea:

Twitch already had the "Watch ads for bits" function - but it currently is quite hidden in the "get bits section". What if instead of a forced full screen ad for x amounts of seconds twitch provides "watch this ad for bits" button on screen.It should appear at random times during streams or if the streamer triggers it manually.

There some ways to incooperate this feature with the current twitch flow: Streamer can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?