Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. I don't have a cell phone the 2 cell phone banking ads that look like there set in the 80's will help hackers down the road, & it mean bank tellers be fired if its pushed. And I never getting a peice **** cell phone stop running ads that will lead to a bank front removed.Not every one good at tech.Im willing to watch a 1m30 ad that saying some thing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I don’t know what made someone think adding an ad about batteries (I believe) that involves a smoke detector going off right at the start was a great ad revenue option. I can think of literally thousands of other ads that I’d prefer to encounter. Horrific for headphone users. Can’t imagine trying to watch a stream late at night and having that ad be the one to go off. Absolutely unpleasant experience.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The new "to view the stream while an ad is playing, watch it in theater mode" info card never goes away while watching a vod in fullscreen and ruins the viewing experience

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Every time I request not to see a specific ad because it is either offensive/inappropriate, or is not in line with my interests, it's like the report just goes into a black hole.

I keep getting the same ads over and over again even after I have submitted a playback issue report.

The feature just seems to be there to make you feel like you're doing something, when in actuality it's being ignored, and Twitch (or maybe Amazon) is the ultimate arbiter in what ad you get to watch.

Please have this feature function properly, so people who wish to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The latest offender is the Adidas feelgood "save the oceans" shoe advert that makes me want to puke

Lets turn plastic bottles into fine plastic threads that break down even faster into human reproductive hormone disturbing, blood brain barrier passing, bioaccumulating microplastics! Sounds like a good plan to save the oceans, depopulate the planet!

Stop promoting this garbage. These companies are criminal, their greenwashing is actively harmful. The solution they are marketing is WORSE than just burying bottles in the ground. Stop assisting them in their quest to destroy the ecosystem and hasten the decline of human population.

Be better.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please consider limiting the size or amount of pre roll ads we receive. It is really off putting if I want to switch between 2 or 3 different streams but every time I see a 15-30second ad. I also am more likely to not check out a smaller streamer if I get a 30 second ad right up front. Thank-you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Run a check and see how many times you've shown me the same audible ad it must be around 50 times. please make sure there's a variety of ads. or a means after like showing me it 3-5 times to ask for a different ad as I'm clearly not interested in buying it and you could be advertising me things I actually want to buy.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I've noticed an increase of prerolls being applied repeatedly even after you've viewed it at a channel.
    Currently preroll ads will increase latency and disrupt the normal playback speed of the stream when the ad ends. This then leads to viewing issues which the user might try to fix via pause/play of the stream or refresh the channel. This however brings up another preroll ad and the cycle continues for a few more times.
    Prerolls needs to be 15 seconds or less, 30 seconds ads are simply far too disruptive and long to be viable for channel discovery, let alone…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ENO from CapitalOne advertisement regularly shown on Twitch is an enticement for viewers towards acceptance of in-game gambling/progression-based pay-to-win mechanics.

Characters in the advertisement saying "This is the 10th time I've climbed those steps today" and then the human in the advertisement purchasing a $49.99 booster to progress past a difficult encounter is not acceptable.

Showing consumers that it's okay to pay $49.99 to get past a difficult section of the game should be considered as acceptance of in-game gambling and pay-to-win based mechanical game design.

As the "official bank and card of Twitch Rivals", this is not the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add an option, as there is actually already with partners, but with affiliates, to have the possibility to hand out a sub to a regular viewer once every few months, I think this is a good idea because I notice that there are often people in the chat who do not have the money to be able to subscribe to a streamer themselves.
    I hope that this will be looked at so that people who are less fortunate can also enjoy ad free viewing sometime.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If you change to picture-in-picture mode whilst watching an ad, once the ad has finished playing, if you exit that mode, the ad replays on the stream.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When hopping into a stream for the first time you get an ad. There is then some cooldown before you get another ad even if you switch between streams.
    On mobile, if you click a link in chat (for example, a clip from something that happened earlier in the stream), it redirects you to a different video player to play the clip.
    The only way to return to the stream is to close this new video player, and go find the stream again. This then plays another ad because the clip took you away from the stream.
    This is a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Does streamers get ad revenue on highlights?
    2. Does streamers get ad revenue on highlights even if highlights are embedded on a website owned by channel owner?
    3. If YES then write/ provide this info on affiliate ad revenue program page. Thanks, Reason for this request is that I could not find this info on twitch ,also could not get relevant info even after reaching out to twitch support.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why we having bot or command advertising by the streamer when the audience knows very well the purpose of the add. I believe if there was a ''Watch an add to support creator' button I would click it even just to redeem the chat points to highlight my message or redeem emojis or sound allert... i think it's functional

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When a streamer triggers an ad break, a timer begins, indicating the amount of time pre-roll ads are disabled for new viewers. This timer currently begins at the start of the ad. For example, let's say you run a 90-second ad, and the Pre-Roll Disabled Timer begins at 40 minutes. You actually lose 90 seconds of that perk while your community is watching the ad break, and anyone who comes in during the ad break still sees the ad you're playing. Sure, you're not exactly getting a "pre-roll" but the whole point is to earn time where viewers don't have…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The Twitch Alexa skill on the Echo Show has pre-roll and mid-roll ad breaks, but they're just a placeholder screen. If ads aren't going to work, then there's no good reason to interrupt the stream. This feels like a bug from the user's side.

I'm also a Turbo member, so I shouldn't be getting commercial breaks anyway!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please, PLEASE! Stop the little Sia ads or lessen the air time of them. I do not mind watching ads, but 90% of the ads I see are for little Sia. I have nothing against her, I'm sure she is awesome.

Thank you, bullrok.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I appreciate the addition of the ads manager. But I wish I could delay auto ads besides running one manually. If something super exciting is happening on stream it'd be great to have a 'delay the auto ad for 3 minutes' button or something like that. You could limit it to one delay per hour so people don't try to abuse it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Every time an ad plays either during a broadcast or after I join a broadcast the stream freezes on the last frame of the ad and won't play, after refreshing the ad plays again and gets stuck. I would put this under support but there are no options for ad issues and Twitch support is terrible.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?