Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. The mobile website on Android 11 does not give you the option to reject cookies, violating GDPR. Please solve this ASAP

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Reward small amount of bits (1-10) to viewers for watching a streamer for a certain amount of time, and add the bits to their inventory. Ex. If you watch Twitch Rivals for 30 minutes straight, you get 5 bits, and so on for longer watch times.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I use a Common Access Card(CAC) for work. For those that don't know what it is, it is a government ID for government employees, contractors, and militants. Over the last week, there have been three instances where entire streams have stopped working because some ads cause a CAC login screen to popup. This is a very big security issue as these ads could possibly cause individuals DODIDs to be exposed by accident. I don't know if any other people are having this issue but, it happens.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If I see a stream on the front page, and whatever is going on on that stream has hooked my attention, that attention is immediately destroyed upon clicking on the stream and an ad plays. Whatever topic is passed, whatever song they may be playing is missed, whatever fight they may be in is over. This then makes me want to simply not watch the stream, and remain on front page, lest I miss out on what is SUPPOSED to get me clicking on the stream. And then instead of joining that stream after I watched the hook that was…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If a user watches 1000 30 second ads in a month, they would be able to redeem a free sub, and the user can add upmost 50 ads per day to that ad count and those ads need to count as 30 second ads. Or they could also do a seconds system. 10000 seconds in a month and get a free sub

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently twitch is forcing me to view 5 ads whenever I click on a stream.

This is turning me off watching completely, as these ads last for 5 minutes.

I think we can agree that it is crazy to expect a viewer to wait for 5 minutes before they can see the stream and decide if they want to continue watching.

This is currently making it impossible for me to browse streams.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Preroll-disable functionality already exists, just have hypetrains add 5 minutes to that when they start, if the counter is at zero. Add more time if level-ups extend the hypetrain duration.

If a hypetrain is going, something hype is happening, right? Who wants to come into a channel during a HYPE moment, only to get slapped in the face with a preroll instead of joining in with everyone immediately?

The preroll revenue loss would be minimal, would encourage hypetrains (so a potential positive ROI), and be a win for everyone involved; adds functionality to the hypetrain product, and shows that Twitch…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please stop spamming the COVID ads. We get it. All humans "should be vaccinated." We don't come to Twitch to talk about stressful topics - unless it's an OP NPC. Please...enough with the COVID ads!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Streamers should have the ability to opt-out of certain ads, particularly military recruitment ads. Some creators may have a younger audience. The streamer should reserve the right to protect that audience. The military ad complex is already vast and has deep roots within Twitch. If a streamer does not want that sort of content on their channel, they should be able to block it. Additionally, this option should be able to be seen publicly. Parents who check their children’s activity might want to be able to know a streamer opts out of Military recruitment ads targeted at minors.

521 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It’s crazy that I buy 100 subs to gift to someone and I pay the same 4.99 price, isn’t it about time a bulk purchase discount applies to quantity of subs more than 25 ? I have gifted over 2500 subs and I feel it’s crazy that with quantity the price doesn’t decrease.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would love animated emotes for mobile plus a bunch of features currently not supported for mobile.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Okay so we want to do a 12 hour stream. within this stream we want to give all we get to a charity of our choice. but is it possible to only place ads of that specific charity during the stream instead of getting somekind of snacks ad while donating to diabetes ... would be really stupid to see doritos while you running to send money for diabetes or something like that right.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Simple put, this system is poorly designed and problematic. What it creates is a system where only the larger creators will see any amount of money, due to how low of value a single bit is. The creator you show on the help page only gets 5 bucks. My problem with this feature is that it doesn't address any of the problems with regular bits, and allows for even easier abuse of the system, unless you have extra stuff in place to decide who's vote counts for bits, will mean that people could bot their stream and get a ton…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Full-screen pre-rolls are a huge obstacle with user experience and streamer discoverability. Users do not want to browse new, unknown streamers because watching a fullscreen 30s ad before getting to check out a streamer is annoying. It's a huge deterrent so users tend to rely on their go-to streamer. Replacing the forced fullscreen preroll with a Stream Display Ad instead will encourage users to once again check out new streamers.

This change would be a massive improvement for both viewers and streamers.

673 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why are there quitting smoking ads on Twitch? I quit years ago and now everytime I see this ad, I get cravings. Thanks!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Content obtrusive ads are bad for live form content. They work for YouTube and Television where the content can be put on a break until the advertisement is done, however for Twitch the ads will often block important content especially when first joining a stream.

1. Pre-roll ads need to use unobtrusive forms of advertisement. Since pre-roll ads are the only ads forced to run without authorization from the streamer, they are the ads that most likely will directly affect viewing content the streamer does not want you to miss. As a result these ads will discourage viewers from watching, especially…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can Twitch please display the ads beneath the video player without the motion transition resizing the stream video to be more disability accessible for people with visual sensitivities and for people who rely on closed captioning/ subtitles?

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. use Stream display ads instead of prerolls on live content ,keep prerolls on VODS my experience on twitch lately is that i dont go looking for new content creators much due to prerolls annoyance . you cant treat twitch like a Video on demand service you have to treat it as a live service , and you don't interrupt a live service with ads , SDAs are a great way not to interrupt the live broadcast . and midrolls controlled by the content creators as well . the issue with midrolls is that sometimes the midrolls are longer than the…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Where the black space is on Stream Display Ads, let broadcasters upload their own custom images depending on if the content is live, vod, or a rerun.

Would help with channel branding, call to actions, and clear identity of content.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. With the testing of Stream Display Ads, many creators are excited to begin using them as an alternative to disruptive full video advertisements. However, because preroll ads are still displaying, the main problem being voiced in my community still isn't being addressed: the disruptive nature of preroll ads.

To quote my friend Kit, a fellow streamer:
    "Those [preroll ads] are so frustrating, especially hopping into a stream from a raid. Missing all the hi's and thank you's and welcomes because I gotta see a 90sec ad about totino's"

Stream Display Ads are a great alternative to full video ads, but…

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?