There was an error during translation

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Thanks for convert my opportunity to chill in the evening to a freakin annoying experience. I started to avoid buying things on amazon and i rather delete my account then getting prime. Thanks for your effort.

636 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. After having read your new feature that allows streamers to disable Pre-Rolls by playing enough ads (30 seconds = 10 minutes), I think you've missed the mark slightly.

I DO think it's a good idea to disable the pre-roll for people discovering new content. As such, I believe a better implementation of the no preroll idea is the following:

• No pre-roll for users the FIRST time they join your stream BUT a forced 30 second 10 minutes into the stream if they stay.

This solves two problems. First, it solves the problem of discouraging people from discovering new content. You…

493 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Overall, ads on Twitch are reasonable and not too intrusive, but this one quirk makes it more difficult for small streamers to support each other.

If someone ends their stream by hosting mine, I would like to be able to thank them and welcome them and any viewers who came along with them. But at the moment that I receive the host notification, I have to assume that none of them can see me because an ad just started playing for them. And if I host another streamer at the conclusion of my stream, my viewers and I don't get…

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bits for ads has NEVER worked in the UK. Why? Also please do NOT force anybody's viewers to have to sit through ads. Or should I say MORE ads. This is live content. Ad revenue is pretty poor, and for people like me who have 80+ average viewers STILL pushing for partner, this will make people tune out.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would love to get more information on how automated mid-rolls will work -- and specifically instruction for streamers on how to avoid them, if possible.

In short, the idea your stream would be interrupted without your control is a scary concept. Either it's going to be better for streamers to control the mid-roll experience themselves, or the experience is something more experimental that isn't clear (vs. simply interrupting a stream).

In the Twitch Support initial Tweet it says "these [mid-roll ads] won't run if the viewer has an ad break." Can you clarify? FAQ seems to be missing how to…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hello,

I'm a moderator for a few channels. I'm not a sub in all the channels. When someone I stream for starts, that I am not subscribed in but am a moderator I usually get 1-3 ads before I can enter the stream.

It would be extremely helpful if ad's or at the very least pre-rolls were disabled for moderators for the channel they mod in.

Thank you!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Most of the streamers I watch usually play on the same roleplay server, and my average viewing session consists of constantly changing channels to see the roleplay from another perspective. Pre-roll ads are the biggest annoyance for me. Every single time I swap to a new channel I'm forced to sit through the same **** 30 second ad, and miss a large portion of whatever reason I was swapping perspectives. Random mid-roll ads can be just as bad, causing me to miss entertaining spontaneous situations.

I hate ads, but if ads are absolutely necessary at least leave it to the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I don't mind watching commercials to support channels, but I bet you a vast majority of people use Adblock because they dont want to deal with a 40 second commercial just to find out the person isn't playing the game their channel said it was, or that their voice is annoyingly loud, or that they are terrible at the game. I use adblock on my computers and would take it off in a heartbeat if this was fixed...

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The size of a channel matters when you are looking to make ad revenue. Larger audiences are likely to have a larger number of potential ad viewers. Obviously, the sub/non-sub viewer ratio is important, but larger channels are likely to have a higher potential for ad revenue than smaller channels.

Scaling the time needed to disable pre-roll ads will encourage smaller channels to run ads. When pre-roll ads are disabled, there is a higher chance a new viewer will enter the channel potentially helping to grow that channel.

To "tag" along with the idea, add a tag under a preview…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I get 30 second pre-roll ads for changing the quality after just watching a 30 second ad? This hurt the channel so much because I honestly just want to click off the entire site.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Never in my life have I bought something because of an Ad on the internet and that will never change. On top of that the pre-roll Ads are preventing me from viewing new streams. I'm never going to click a new streamer and be like "okay cool i'll wait this 30 seconds to see if I even like the streamer", if you're going to force pre-roll ads then put it in a window in the corner and adjust the volume so I can hear both the Ad and stream. Or better yet don't try to force them on people!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If I sit through a preroll, I don't want to watch the stream for 15 seconds and then also sit through a midroll or an ad from the streamer. Shared Cooldown at the very least please

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Do not immediately play pre-roll ads when joining a channel, and instead give users a 5 minute timer (or even better - let users or streamers customize this option) before the pre-roll will play. This would allow users to experience a channel for a fair amount of time before getting hit with an ad. This opens the floor for a more user friendly method to discover new channels quickly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When I use twitch as a viewer I will occasionally click on a stream I don’t usually watch and almost immediately regret it when I get bombarded with ads that no one cares to watch. It’s one thing when I know the streamer and know it’s worth waiting for but I don’t care to watch all that junk to find out if I actually want to watch this stream so I stick with the streamers I know. As I streamer I have to say I don’t think I’m the only viewer that acts like that and it sucks for discoverability.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give us the option to completely disable ads by "paying" you for the loss through taking a bit more of the revenue.

In my channel analysis ad income is less than 2% of the overall income, but (especially) pre rolls extremely reduced channel growth - which obviously would have raised my channel income much more than thos 2% for ads.

The numbers may vary from channel to channel, which is the reason to make it optional:
    - No money loss for Twitch.
    - Every streamer can decide for themselves, which is the best option.

Thanks for reading and have a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Partners & Affiliate channels to create their own 60 and 30 second respectively custom channel pre-roll ad that will inform new visitors of what the channel is about and what to expect.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. They are egregious and pushing people away from exploring new channels.
    Midrolls ruin the experience and are extremely anti-consumer

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Picture-In-Picture was a good idea to roll ads non invasively. It initially dawned on my but I was unsure how to provide that feedback.

The UX on mobile is still rather rough when it comes to pre-roll ads, especially when people are co-streaming and you want to quickly swap between two channels.

I propose that on mobile, rather than play a video for an advertisement, a silent banner is placed under the video player, which could be used to embed dynamic content, for maybe ~5 seconds and then it could be dismissed. Keeping in mind that users might not have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Increase the time pre-rolls can be paused, 2-3 minutes for 1hr would be more acceptable. Capping it at every 30 minutes is not acceptable for a show that runs for 4-8 hours.

Also Tier out or increase your AD revenue to streamers to give streamers more reason to run ADs.

Streamers can run 3-5 minutes of ADs every hour to eliminate pre-rolls all together, and then they would have control over their own content, be more likely to educate their communities that ADs are acceptable in this format because they are being compensated properly, and those mid-roll ADs would increase…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The amount of times i instantly closed streams i open these past few days, just because i got a preroll ad (not to mention the same ones over and over and over again) is astounding.
    Is it really that difficult to have banners in some sections of the player instead while the main stream keeps running? TV has done this for ages already especially during live broadcasts.
    Maybe give the streamer an option where to place it (top, bottom, left, right) so they can put it somewhere where it doesnt block anything mayor.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?