Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Came across this while reading about sub gifter badge: "It stays visible for as long as any gift sub you have given is active, and disappears when your gifted subs expire" I found out today that this was a thing. Which to me is strange because some people gift a lot of subs to support a streamer and the one perk they are being given is temporary, lasting a month at most. I thought it was a bug that the sub gifter badge would go missing but that apparently was not true. I really think it should be permanent. Some…

57 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'd like the ability to put a message in a gift sub that gets posted for everyone to see with the notification of a gifted sub to a channel.

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Right now you can gift a sub to one specific user. Or you can gift to the community, which will chose randomly who gets a sub.
    I think it would be great if we could collect a couple of users first and then give out 5 or 10 or more subs at once to selected users.
    This is much better for the community since this way sub-gifters can target active users instead of the random selection picking out rarely lurking followers.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be absolutely awesome if you could see the amount of subs gifted by just mousing over the sub gifting badge (if shown). Just like you can see emote prefix + channel owner by mousing over it and how you can see 3, 6, 12-month sub badges. It would be nice to be able to see the amount of gifted subs for individuals in your stats panel too.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow sub gifting for people who are currently subscribed to the channel you want to send a gift for - just add a month to the current subscription they have. That way, you don't have to wait until the time when the person is no longer subscribed, and multiple people can easily contribute to / send gifts to one person.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. . i need a way to be able to turn off being able to receive gift subs because i have really high anxiety about it and it makes me feel pressured into continue being a sub to the channel and i feel bad to go back and talk in the chat

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. a lot of people have reach the higher sub gifting badge and it would be nice to get 5k, 10k etc... badge

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sometimes people receive gifted subs in channels they hardly ever watch (or have never watched!) If there was a "transfer gifted sub" option, it would be nice for those cases where the person knows someone else who does watch that channel and would appreciate the gifted sub more (as in, more likely to renew the sub).

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When a person gets banned from the channel it should also revoke the persons permission to do a gifting to that specific channel. Or some other way to block a person from gifting subs to the channel, this is mainly to block out either people we might expect for doing frauds OR by someone whom been banned for a reason and should not be able to get attention through gifting subs.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/2457351

Twitch resubs have the ability to announce their sub anniversaries with custom messages, however those who are on multiple month streaks that have been gifted subscriptions don't have the ability to do this. It'd be nice to be able to do this.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We need to have an option to Require Acceptance of Gift Subs by the recipient for channels which they are not following.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hey Twitch Feedback!

My name is Vaughn Whiskey and I am a affiliate on Twitch. I love that we can now gift subs to people but as a streamer around the holiday months I want to gift subs to viewers for a Christmas gift. Now the problem is that I have to try and do it when their sub runs out and asking them when their sub is out kind of ruins the surprise.

I would love to see stack-able gifting so say it's half way through their sub i can gift them another month for them ahead of their…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Often I like to lurk quietly during streams. But it happens sometimes that I get a gifted sub, and have to show myself in the chat. So! As I know there's opportunity to turn gifted subs on channels you don't follow, so, it would be nice if you had a chance to deny gifted subs on SOME channels [you follow], not all of them. For example to add button over "report" - "deny gifted subs", or to add it to the privacy settings as denied subs list.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. For instance, if someone were to gift a Tier 2 sub to a Tier 1 subscriber, the recipient would become a Tier 2 subscriber until the gift ran out, at which point they would return to being Tier 1.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I think when you buy a gift sub, you should be given a link to spam in chat and people who click on it can receive the sub or it can auto spam the link every 2 seconds or something. I feel like it's a waste of money for the people who buy it and its gifted to people who don't even watch him anymore. It's better for it to be given to active members who is watching and reading chat.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If someone is giving out auto gift subs, assign it to supporters who deserve it the most. Base it on number of hours watched, past subscribers, bit givers, etc.

The business idea for gift subs is for the recipient to possibly renew. Please don't reward them to viewers who are not engaged.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like the ability to limit how many subscriptions a single user can gift over the course of a month. I'm specifically trying to avoid the scenario in which a small number of users gift the majority of subs and create some sort of "obligation" on the part of the streamer. The same could be done with bits. This would painlessly prevent this situation before it even starts.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. You receive the same message when you do a gift sub for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months. It could say for how many months too.

E.g.: Gift Subscription - Tier 1 for xxxxxxx

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Alright, I know we just recently received gift sub badges for certain amounts of gifted subs. As far as I know, the max badge is 1000 gifted subs. I have an insane supporter who is approaching 2000 gifted subs, and I think the badges should keep going. Bits go all the way up to 5 million, so why not have the gift sub badges continue as well?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sometimes I watch a stream to see what I think. A while later I can receive a gift sub. It seems like a waste if I get it when I have not even followed the channel. Better if someone more interested gets it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?