Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

103 results found

1. Give people an option to reject a gifted sub - whenever I take part in a Twitch-raid I drop a follow to the target as a courtesy gesture... unfortunately this turns me into a potential recipient of an unwanted gift , which would be better suited for someone who actually watches target's content.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow creators the ability to prevent people from gifting subs anonymously (have it be a feature they can turn off and on). People will use anonymous gifted subs as a way to harass streamers (gifting subs to disparaging or downright harmful usernames). These usernames shouldn't be allowed on twitch as they contain violent language and hate speech to begin with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please update the German article on how to give a prime sub. It is wrong and not accurate any more. It confused me and was of no help at all. I spend an hours searching for the little box to tick. Until the friendly amazon Live Chat support was able to help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be AWESOME to be able to extend the subscription of a current subscriber in addition to gifting a subscription to a non-subscriber. Sometimes you just need to do something nice for a fellow chatter, but options are limited if they are already subbed! Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Twitch's process for purchasing 100 gift subs lacked any confirmation or opportunity to cancel. This led to an accidental $499 purchase by a young user, which Twitch is refusing to refund.

Purchases over a certain threshold (maybe $50?) should require additional confirmation steps to prevent accidental, irrevocable, unwanted purchases by minors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why you don't check if a user follow a streamer and check for activity of this user in the chat?! I'm a lurker and listening streams at the background and sometimes I don't watch it at all, it's so strange to recieve a gift of subscription when I'm a lurker and some person could recieve it but because of people like me they didn't

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As an Affiliate, it seems rather odd to me that if an Affiliate wanted to gift a sub to their own channel (e.g. prize or just a kind act), that they can't do it from their earnings. Instead, they'd have to claim their earnings, have the fees and taxes applied to it, then turn around and send the money back to Twitch (more taxes) just to gift a sub to someone in their community.

The money is already with Twitch. Why not allow an Affiliate to deduct from their earnings without all of the fees and taxes to gift a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Streamers are able to gift subs at a discounted rate to their own channel while live (must be multiple subs being purchased, 5+, etc.)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like my account to have no information about whether or how long I have been subbing if I have previously deactivated or rejected all gift subscriptions. And in addition, for example if I have never subbed before, it will also say that I was not a subscriber regardless of how long it took me to deactivate the sub in the first month.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Des abonnements à la semaine pour 1€ ce serait super bien pour les petits porte-monnaies !
    Et on n'est pas toujours disponibles un mois complet pour profiter de tous les avantages de l'abonnement, par contre si c'est pour une semaine on sait que l'on va pouvoir en profiter pleinement !

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm sure a lot of us have experienced a gift sub from an anonymous gifter to a not so great account name. We currently have NO way to moderate this, which incentivizes repeat offenses.

I suggest implementing:

1) Being able to purge or delete the "Anonymous Gifted a sub to X" message in chat.

2) Toggle gift sub recipients names showing in chat (could be great for more lurker friendly communities too).

3) MODERATION OPTIONS, PLEASE! Let us not just purge but REPORT the anonymous gifter (bonus points for reporting the giftee account name easily too)

I know PirateSoftware already…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi,

Can we give streamers the ability to block/toggle notifications for Anonymous gift subs or give mods the option to auto-mod whats being gifted.

I think its fair that streamers are being bullied on twitch because its allowed to anon gift sub to accounts which insult a streamer or someone who supports them.

I don't understand why this hasn't been thought off seeing people can anonymously bully streamers, mods or other people within a stream.

Can you sort this please?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Re subscribing, cheering with bits, hype chats, donations. What do they all have in common? You can attach a message with them. Either it be wanting to express love for the streamer, announce something or just throw in a meme. With how much of the economy gifted subs has become for large parts of Twitch, I think its in due time it gets the recognition it deserves.

Let people attach a message in chat with their gift, the same way you do as when you resub. This also allows for it to be read by TTS (Text To Speech) so…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm not always on the site or app when I'm gifted a subscription, so it would be nice to receive a push notification to my mobile device in addition to the site notification. That way, I can jump into the stream to thank the person who gifted me and hang out with the community. This option could be toggled on/off for those who want or don't want a mobile push notification.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make moderators get priority for random subgifts, to thank them for their work. When you're a mod on several channels you don't necessarily have the money to subscribe everywhere.

Admin audit: Edited title to better summarize suggestion for ease of discoverability.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When some one spends like 20 bucks on gift 5 subs or bigger, The gifter could have the possibility for share a message that can be used with TTS.
    Thank you

Admin audit: Edited title to better summarize description.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Partner Plus program is a great step in the right direction for creators on Twitch and I am grateful for the opportunity for a 70/30 split.

However, this program should include gift subscriptions.

The requirement of “a sub count of at least 350 recurring paid subscriptions for three consecutive months” is only achievable for a small percentage of streamers, even those with a high CCV that qualifies them to be in the top 1% of the platform. It is not only difficult to achieve for even those dedicated to Twitch, but having this requirement may even discourage gift subscriptions…

1,475 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Many people have already complained about how users who don't follow the channel may be selected for this, and this is a good point. As a user that sometimes consumes Twitch content, it's pretty awkward that I follow channels or I just simply watch them without following and then I suddenly receive gift subs so I have to cancel that subscription with hopes of the guy who gave it to me to get his money back. But that's NOT the unique point!

Let's consider somebody who just starts following a channel just two minutes ago and somebody gifts a subscription…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Anonymous gifts subs have been used to troll creators often through sexual harassment by gifting subs to inappropriate names.

Creators should have the ability to opt-out of the ability for people to gift subs anonymously if Twitch isn't able to identify the accounts with inappropriate names during the account creation process.

Twitch has a responsibility to protect not only viewers but creators.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It's currently only possible to gift to a specific user by clicking a few times. There is only the /gift {quantity} command.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?