Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In my opinion, lower subscription pricing is completely counterproductive in "richer" countries. A discount of 20% will not make the sub magically more affordable and will only result in a 20% loss of revenue for the streamer. Even more so for small streamers.

Please reconsider changing to a really lower price or reverting back to the full price.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why not make a particular percentage of the sub amount go to streamer as you guys already have the data how many subs they have from which country

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. While local sub prices only affects individuals and their own subscriptions, sub gifting and sub gifter badges lose their value once the prices shift based on the region of the person gifting lives. I'd be happy to be able to gift more subs for the same amount of money (which is the purpose of this local sub pricing shenanigan), but this will not be the case if you live in non-participating zones; so while lucky folks get to gift 15 subs for $100 I only can gift 7.

This is also a huge problem for sub gifter badges. If you're…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For american/canadian users the price of a sub is $4.99 tier 1, and an affiliate gets just under half of that amount. In the UK we pay minimum of £4.99 per tier 1, which evidentally means we are paying more than americans/canadians but after conversion rate we are receiving less than americans/canadians.

We pay more yet receive less and i think that is totally unfair for a tier 1 sub at $4.99 is roughly almost $7 yet we only get just over $2 for that sub, thats almost 70% profit from the EU you make as you pay us less....

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. If the website had a section on the side above followed channels which just had the users subbed channels it encourages people to sub to their favourite streamers to make it more convenient to find their stream. It also encourages subbing to streamers who are smaller as they are more likely to be low down on the list so you can boost them up on yours and effectively "favourite" them so you don't have to search their username to find their stream!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When I get a notification of a gifted sub in a channel I was maybe not in at the time I always make sure to whisper the person (if possible) to say "Thank You" directly for their generosity... it would be cool if there was some easier link or form to say thanks to people who gift you a sub.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I am a lifetime subscriber for one channel but i can't share anniversary message, you can add this option for lifetime subscribers, it should be great.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I can't currently edit or cancel a subscription pre-paid for 3 months on mobile. We need the ability to upgrade or cancel a subscription made via tokens on the mobile app. We also cannot edit these through the desktop website either and this feature is very much needed so that we can support creators even more by being able to upgrade our subscriptions on mobile or cancel them and then re-subscribe via desktop to have the access of editing them.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hello i have an idea that I would like to be considered if you will think about it. During the current situation of covid-19 and with people losing their jobs and having low income at the moment. I had an idea that if someone couldnt keep up their monthly subscription why can they not buy one using twitch channel points that they have collected over watching the stream. Say like 1000 points to purchase a subscription? Or something like that. I know viwers can gift subs but people such as myself do not like to ask others because it comes…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Give Twitch affiliates/partners some kind of affiliate link/incentive, and every Turbo sub that goes through us gets a percentage of the cost.

Lets get your platform more revenue and incentivize both creators for making more money, and you requiring less ads.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. This will mess up US based providers, as their peers in lower cost of living areas will be able to 'charge less' for the same services... It's the problem with globalization overall. Providers in lower cost of living countries will, as a matter of course for being in lower cost of living countries, be able to undercut those providers in higher cost of living countries. Thanks for adding to the anti-globalization wave... the more the little guy get's screwed to make the big 1% more money (aka Amazon Stockholders) the worse the whole world will be....

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Subscribers of non-partnered-affiliate channel should have option to lower the video quality below source.
    Also this is in Twitch's benefit as a marketing option to sell subscriptions, And to use less bandwidth for subscribed lurkers.

For example: If newer streamer has (at least) 1080p as source and I've subscribed to their channel then I might want the option to lurk at 480p or even 160p to show support & listen to audio, while downloading new game/updating windows/etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. While I understand it’s a nice thought and supports the streamer, I usually lurk in the channels I follow. I suffer anxiety and I’m painfully introverted and I don’t want to feel obligated or pressured into a subscription or into having to interact with people. I know people want to support their favorite streamers but please have an option for us anxious people to block gifted subs for followed channels (as well as the already existing option for unfollowed channels)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Every time someone goes out of their way and subscribes to my channel for $4.99 i only get around $2.10 or $2.37 when i'm supposed to making $2.50 every sub not less than the agreed 50%

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. There's currently no incentive to actively subscribe to multiple streams.
    People who maintain active subscriptions to 10 or more streamers (excluding gifted subs) should we rewarded with something meaningful like not seeing ads across the platform.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Basically you buy twitchprime but instead of having all the “amazon perks” you get more perks on twitch!

If you want only one prime token you pay 3$ a month and get a special badge.

If you want two prime tokens you get “real subs” that will automatically resub every month
    You pay 8$ a month

Want 5 tokens or more?
    Get a gift sub for free so you can help someone out?!
    You pay 20$ a month

And this way people will be cheaper out with subs but still pay twitch more than if they used amazon prime. They…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I think there should be a way to use your Twitch Prime sub on anyone's channels. This can be beneficial because it can be used a type of giveaway method and for users who don't want to sub, but to give to the community.
    This could also include your channel if you have prime, but judging by how you can't cheer in your channel I don't think that would happen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Since viewers can troll us, (which im sure we have all been there) just to get a shoutout. ALSO since twitch has given the option to refund subscriptions within 10 minutes of purchase.. why not make it on twitches side delay the notifications or confirmations until that 10 minute window has finished.

This way the streamer doesn't look like a fool.. or worse start a "SUB match" day and lose a bunch of money because someone was trolling.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I was suscribed to a channel and i was suscribed again without signing off and now i can't subscribe to another channel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?