Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

465 results found

1. It is horrendous that you have decided to not include gift subs in Subtember this year. That was the driving force behind the success for creators (and therefore Twitch) in prior years.

Please reconsider this immediately and stop pulling revenue-driving opportunities from your creators and those who pay for the platform to exist.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  SUBtember  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Right now, there are no major incentives for subscribing at Tier 2 and Tier 3. There needs to be added incentives for both the viewer and the streamer.

Ideas:

Tier 2:
    - Username being bold in chat
    - Zero width sub emote slot

Tier 3:
    - Subbing at Tier 3 includes Turbo
    - Golden, sparkly version of all sub emotes
    - Includes 500 bits a month
    - Animated Subscriber badge

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sometimes I'd like to bulk gift subs to a stream, but I'd prefer such subs go to followers among the viewers and/or current viewers to reward regulars and people currently engaged in the stream.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sub-light
    A $1 sub that would allow ad free viewing on a channel but wouldn't give access to emotes or sub only chat
    Five light subs would equal one sub point

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Right now affiliates get 10 founders and partners get 25. The number of founders should scale similarly to how emote slots grow as your stream grows.

25 max founders on big streamers seems small amount and most of the time those 25 aren't even subbed anymore.

My suggestion for the amount of founders

50 1000
    75 5000
    100 10k
    150 15k
    200 20k

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Youtube has this thing that you can CUSTOMIZE the price of the subscriptions + the benefits that the subscriber is going to have. This will offer the opportunity to creators customize their subscriptions based on their community. Not to mention that unfortunately this sub price changes that twitch did may not work for everybody.

Give power to the creators!

Thank you.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We need to have an option to Require Acceptance of Gift Subs by the recipient for channels which they are not following.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The fees for converting to USD can be very high for some credit/debit cards. As the fee is done per transaction it can get very expensive if you doing multiple transactions. Sometimes the charge at the bank is more than what the acutal value of the product is.

Some people may not be aware of this as the charge is generaly done at the bank and not shown in the total on the site.

For example one bank in the UK is charging 2% with a minimum of 1.75 GBP to maximum 5.00 GBP per transaction.

If you buy 100…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Now, this is right after regional prices for Europe came out. Most countries are now set to 3.99 EUR, despite countries in Eastern Europe (especially countries in the Balkans), having 3-6 times less income than nations in western Europe.

Just for a bit of comparison (data is from google)

Bulgaria - Average monthly wage = 595€
    Serbia - Average monthly wage = 562€
    Romania - Average monthly wage = 743€

France - Average monthly wage = 2,225€
    Belgium - Average monthly wage = 2,262€
    The Netherlands - Average monthly wage = 2,240€

I understand it may feel ****** to people…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Türkiye için düzenlenen ve uygulanmaya başlanan yeni fiyatlandırma sisteminin özellikle orta-küçük yayıncılar için yayıncılığı sürdürülebilir bir iş haline getirmeyi imkansız hale getirdiğini düşünüyorum.
    Yeni abonelik ücretleriyle beraber abone sayılarında meydana gelen artış, vergiler, platform payı düşüldüğünde, yayıncıya ekstra bir gelir olarak yansımıyor ve bunun yanında önceden elde ettiğimiz geliri yakalamak da mümkün değil. Fiyatlarlı tekrar düzenlemeyi planlamıyor olsanız bile yayıncılara gelir elde edebilecekleri farklı alternatifler sunmanız (reklam, bounty, vs.) çok daha iyi olacaktır.

Kendi adıma, uzun vadede, mevcut şartlar altında mesai harcayıp yayınlarımı sürdürebileceğimi düşünmüyorum.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It seems like anonymous gifting checkbox has disappeared for me.
    i.e. i can't gift anonymously en-masse to community.
    However clicking on individual user and gifting to specific user can still be anonymously gifted.
    Apparently, i am not the only one facing this issue.
    anyone has any idea?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/ry4cik/cant_gift_as_anonymous/

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am a Twitch Partnered streamer, I have 3 lifetime subs, they are 3 of the most important members of my community hence why I gave them these lifetime subs, I think it's really sad that each month they're not able to SHARE that subscription like a normal sub, they're super important members of my community, they deserve to get to share that message/sub like everyone else!!!

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch has a rather old subscription system that honestly needs to be updated. Patreon, a site that allows unpartnered streamers still accept subscriptions from their viewers allows the user to choose the amount they want to subscribe for. This system is very reliable compared to Twitch's. One big improvement that needs to be made for the system, is the ability to choose the amount/per month a viewer wants to pay. So, as a result, Twitch could have a VIP service where the more you pay, the more you are rewarded. For example, a person with $1 per month may get…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Some channels use bans as a joke, even if they remove them shortly after. However, this permanently blocks the user from receiving random gift subscriptions, even when they are unbanned. If a user isn't banned at that time, should they really be blocked forever from receiving gifts?

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Amazon/Twitch keeps a fixed percentage of total income.

Prime subs stays the same.
    So doesn't matter if the custom subscription costs 4$ or 100$, is like a fixed price, making the prime an even better option.

If the viewer wants to subscribe for 3,6 months or 1 year, he'll pay the current sub price multiplied by the ammount of months, allowing streamers to make sub promotions by their own.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A while back, the ability to gift subs instantly appeared alongside the selection to gift out subscriptions. Then it disappeared for a while... then it came back again recently! The ability to gift subs instantly helps expedite the process of randomly gifting out channel subscriptions which is fantastic for when you want to frequently give out a small amount of subscriptions.

However, this is also a potentially destructive user action as a simple misclick can lead to an accidental charge of anywhere up to 499.00 USD, or even higher if a typo is present in the custom quantity input.

Since…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let streamers decide for themselves if they want that information. No, really. Let a streamer disable that feature for their content. Some streamers may want to know. Others do not. People have their reasons some of them may be personal. IMO, this only serves those who want the information. For those who don't, this could do more harm than good.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Twitch in poland is growing really fast and have really big community. Today i wanned to buy subsciption and was disappointed. I could not pick any payment methods by any polish bank. Only option is to pay by credit card and american paymant methods???? Please add polish payment methods and change paymant currency to PLN(zloty).

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think when you buy a gift sub, you should be given a link to spam in chat and people who click on it can receive the sub or it can auto spam the link every 2 seconds or something. I feel like it's a waste of money for the people who buy it and its gifted to people who don't even watch him anymore. It's better for it to be given to active members who is watching and reading chat.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If there was a way for the affiliate/partner streamers to get a custom link (like the amazon affiliate program,) and for each user sign up you get a one-time (slightly higher than a regular sub) bonus, and a small monthly resub bonus. I think users would go for it, but only if you get the emotes set up for TURBO users.

The one thing that prevents all the heavy twitch viewers that I know in MST3K, RIFFTRAX and other small 24/7 channels is the lack of channel emotes.

I think adding an additional TURBO emotes section so that Streamers can…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?